+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Appeal after a TRV rejection

sss_1983

Apr 8, 2015
Hello,
Is there any way to appeal for a refusal in visa application if i am certain that the reason based on which the application was refused is wrong?
What are the options i have in this case?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
sss_1983 said:
Hello,
Is there any way to appeal for a refusal in visa application if i am certain that the reason based on which the application was refused is wrong?
What are the options i have in this case?
You can appeal - but it will take months and cost you thousands for legal representation.

As previously mentioned, reapplying is the best option.

HarkiranKaur

Apr 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 Jan
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
25 Feb
File Transfer...
21 Mar
Med's Request
4 Nov 16 (Remedical)
Med's Done....
16 Nov 16 (re-medical)
Passport Req..
22 Dec 16
VISA ISSUED...
06 Jan 17
LANDED..........
13 Jan 17
If someone is rejected first and then reapplyes, is there now the chance that CIC will only look as far as the question on the application that asks "have you ever been rejecetd for a Visa for Canada"? which that person now has to answer yes the rest of their life?

So now CIC will look no further than that question and immediately reject all future applications without even looking at the actual application.

An appeal might remove the actual rejection meaning that black stain would no longer be on someone's file.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
HarkiranKaur said:
If someone is rejected first and then reapplyes, is there now the chance that CIC will only look as far as the question on the application that asks "have you ever been rejecetd for a Visa for Canada"? which that person now has to answer yes the rest of their life?
No - that's certainly not the case. We've seen plenty of people here be successful in obtaining an approval in a subsequent application after first being refused. We've even had a few cases where the application was resubmitted with the exact same supporting documentation and the second application was approved (even though the first was refused).

brittanyquesada

Star Member
Jan 11, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2015
AOR Received.
01-15-2016
Med's Done....
06-23-2016
VISA ISSUED...
05-04-2017
LANDED..........
02-20-2017
HarkiranKaur said:
So now CIC will look no further than that question and immediately reject all future applications without even looking at the actual application.
Not true, My husband applied 3 times and was rejected, and each one after the first we wrote yes, he was previously rejected.. and in the next thing you can explain.. and the 4th time he was approved, and he recently applied again cause his TRV was expiring, and i still had to write that he had been rejected before, but he had been to Canada and returned to his country within the time he was allowed. and he was approved again.. so

Reactions: ravdeep91

Stkv

May 27, 2015
I got approved for the second time I applied. I didn't even answered YES to Question: "Have you been refused for visa to other countries?", I left it as NO.

I was refused for the first time for:
- Travel history because I gave new passport
- Financial support because I only provided current bank statement.
Because they dont contact you for more documents, they will reject your application straight away if they are not happy with it, without giving any clear explanation. I think it is an unfair decision. My case is easy fixed if they contact me, anyway I dont have time to deal with appeal process, so I treat it as my bad luck!

I reapplied 2weeks later, provided everything I submitted before + past 6months bank statement and old passport. Then I got approved.

They can see that my new passport was issued 1months before I applied, so I would have had an old passport with info they are looking for...

Well just reapply, it is not worth your time appealing unless you are sure it will be still rejected if you reapply.