+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

App in progress - ID document changed

kathyberone

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
Hello,

Last year I've sent my citizenship application with a copy of my Ontario Photo ID, but recently I got my Ontario Driver's License. They told me at Service Ontario that I can't have both, so they kept my Photo ID and now I'm waiting for my license to arrive by mail (I only have a paper from Ontario's Government valid for 90 days).

Should I update my citizenship app? If so, how do I do that?

Thank you everyone!

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Based on common sense, I would assume that you won't have a problem at the interview. If they ask for your ID card, show them your drivers licence and explain what happened.

erikamunhoz

Jul 28, 2015
Hello,

Last year I've sent my citizenship application with a copy of my Ontario Photo ID, but recently I got my Ontario Driver's License. They told me at Service Ontario that I can't have both, so they kept my Photo ID and now I'm waiting for my license to arrive by mail (I only have a paper from Ontario's Government valid for 90 days).

Should I update my citizenship app? If so, how do I do that?

Thank you everyone!
Hi kathyberone,

I have the same issue right now so I was wondering what happened about this situation of yours.. regarding you changing your ID document.. Did you sent the new one to update your citizenship app at that time? or did you used the new document (driver's license) as proof of identity in your test day without updating your application?

Thank you! :)

kathyberone

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
Hi kathyberone,

I have the same issue right now so I was wondering what happened about this situation of yours.. regarding you changing your ID document.. Did you sent the new one to update your citizenship app at that time? or did you used the new document (driver's license) as proof of identity in your test day without updating your application?

Thank you! :)
I didn't have to update anything, just took my new document when I went to sit the citizenship test. No issues!

Reactions: erikamunhoz