+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Apologies . But still hav'nt got convincing answer Noc 4011 / 4021

jairoop

Apr 10, 2015
Respected Seniors.

Kindly accdpt my apolgies for this repeated query.

I have received conflicting advices and i am unable to arrive on a decision.
Kindly instruct.

My exp Associate Prof at University. But no Doctorate.

To qualify under Noc 4011 (University Lecturer) should i get Assistant Professor / Lecturer experience title or my experience as Associte Prof work.

I perform same duties as under Noc 4011.

My only concern is that CIC may reject my app under Noc 4011 for lack of Doctorate.

Kindly instruct once for and all.

Regards

Britanno-Columbien

Apr 8, 2015
jairoop said:
Respected Seniors.

Kindly instruct.

To qualify under Noc 4011 (University Lecturer) should i get Assistant Professor / Lecturer experience title or my experience as Associte Prof work.

My only concern is that CIC may reject my app under Noc 4011 for lack of Doctorate.

Regards
I'm not an immigration lawyer or expert, but to me, the most common sense thing to do is to apply with the NOC that best fits your title and job responsibilities (in this case: 4011), and explain the PhD situation elsewhere in your application (just for context, my wife and I both applied in the same NOC 4011, though we do both have PhDs). Personally, I think that misrepresenting yourself using a title that isn't your actual title, etc., is much, much worse in CIC's eyes than a technicality that can be explained reasonably if you make enough of an effort.

What I mean is this: everything about your job description fits within 4011. 4011 does require a PhD from profs, but a masters is also fine for lecturers, and other certification is accepted for certain professional disciplines. In other words, it's not as clear cut as you make it sound, esp. since academic titles mean different things in different countries. What I'd do -- and you should ignore or follow my advice as you see fit, as I'm just a guy from the internet ;D -- is request your department chair to be extremely clear in his/her reference letter so that it's obvious beyond any doubt that your job fits within this NOC. I'd also have him/her explain how come you managed to become a tenured professor without a PhD. It's not a common scenario, but it's not unheard of, either, so if they provide a reasonable explanation I can't see why CIC would doubt them. Then, in your own letter of explanation, you should repeat that same explanation given by your chair so that CIC sees that your story matches. But I really think the reference letter from your chair is key, so I'd be very proactive about it, even providing him/her with the specific details you think should appear in it.

Good luck!

jhutti

Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jairoop said:
Respected Seniors.

Kindly instruct.

Regards
This timid attitute will land u no where in canada. U can apply under 4011. Cic do not expect u to land with lecture job. Best of luck. U can look at last year 4011 applicants qualification. My sibling get pr under 4011 with masters and astt professor in eng college

AbhishekDesai

Apr 15, 2015
Hi jairoop,
one of the replier did say it on your face that this timid behaviour ofurself wouldnt get you anywhere,you are here to ask for help and not demand it,,,
i will break it down to you
IF YOU HAVE PROOF (COMPANY LETTERHEAD) OF SAYING YOU WERE WITH THEM & PROPER QUALIFICATION TO BACK THAT UP AND YOU HAVE IT TO BACK THAT UP THEN DO IT
IF YOU DONT HAVE IT THEN YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO BRAG ABOUT IT CAUSE IT AINT PROVED ,HOPE THAT ANSWERS
P:S- IF YOU SO MUCH CONCERNED ABOUT IT GET AN AGENT AND DONT COME HERE TO GET FREE KNOWLEDGE WHICH YOU ARE GETTING ,
WE ARE ALL IN THE SAME POOL(HEHE ,that was so cool ;))
GET A DAMN AGENT PAY THEM MONEY AND THEN LET DOWN YOUR FRUSTRATION ON THEM

RESPECT BROTHER!!
Abhishek

katja2684

Jan 31, 2015
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AbhishekDesai said:
Hi jairoop,
one of the replier did say it on your face that this timid behaviour ofurself wouldnt get you anywhere,you are here to ask for help and not demand it,,,
i will break it down to you
IF YOU HAVE PROOF (COMPANY LETTERHEAD) OF SAYING YOU WERE WITH THEM & PROPER QUALIFICATION TO BACK THAT UP AND YOU HAVE IT TO BACK THAT UP THEN DO IT
IF YOU DONT HAVE IT THEN YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO BRAG ABOUT IT CAUSE IT AINT PROVED ,HOPE THAT ANSWERS
P:S- IF YOU SO MUCH CONCERNED ABOUT IT GET AN AGENT AND DONT COME HERE TO GET FREE KNOWLEDGE WHICH YOU ARE GETTING ,
WE ARE ALL IN THE SAME POOL(HEHE ,that was so cool ;))
GET A DAMN AGENT PAY THEM MONEY AND THEN LET DOWN YOUR FRUSTRATION ON THEM

RESPECT BROTHER!!
Abhishek
You're so rude, he was just asking a question in a civilized manner (whichI cannot say about your answer).
If you don't feel like spreading your knowledge for free then why are you even bothering to answer?