+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

APNP-PR applicant, waiting for Medical, got laid off, any IMPACTS???

ttaolee

Aug 16, 2016
Hello there,

I just got laid off just last week. I have received AOR in March 2016. CIC contacted me early Sept to request additional police certificate (which I don't need to provide at all). I provided an explanation letter and passport stamps about 2 weeks ago to indicate that I didn't stay in that country over 6 months. Now I am waiting for an update on my application (status still shows 'need an additional document from the applicant') and Medical.

Since I just became unemployed, could anyone tell me if the change of my employment status has any impacts on:
1 - applying bridging open permit (I'm on post graduation work permit, and current permit will expire on Jan 3, 2017)
2 - applying PR under PNP - my application profile is below. I think background check is need has changed from 'in progress' into 'not needed' recently:

Application/profile status Open
Review of eligibility Review in Progress
Review of medical results Not needed at this time
Review of submitted documents We need an additional document from the applicant
Scheduling an interview Not needed at this time
A background check is needed Not needed at this time
Final decision Not Started

I'm panic. I hope CIC won't decline my PR and open work permit applications because I was laid off :-[..... Please help

AABH

Sep 8, 2013
ttaolee said:
I'm under strategic recruitment stream
under SRS you can change your job but it has to be in the same NOC that's what I know, also you need to contact AINP & CIC if you changed or laid off from your job

wait for other senior members that can help you and have more knowledge than me about this situation :)

ttaolee

Aug 16, 2016
AABH said:
under SRS you can change your job but it has to be in the same NOC that's what I know, also you need to contact AINP & CIC if you changed or laid off from your job

wait for other senior members that can help you and have more knowledge than me about this situation :)
What would be the consequences of contacting AINP or CIC? Would they cancel my nomination or disqualify my PR application??

AABH

Sep 8, 2013
ttaolee said:
What would be the consequences of contacting AINP or CIC? Would they cancel my nomination or disqualify my PR application??
your nomination paper say "stream: without a job offer", right ??
so I don't think they will cancel your nomination because it is not related to your employer like in Employer-Driven Stream

ttaolee

Aug 16, 2016
AABH said:
your nomination paper say "stream: without a job offer", right ??
so I don't think they will cancel your nomination because it is not related to your employer like in Employer-Driven Stream

Yes!!!! Thanks for pointing this out. Just checked my nomination paper: Stream - worker without job offer; Restriction on employment - No

I applied APNP under Strategic Recruitment Stream in the Post-Graduate Worker Category.

Does this mean the change of my employment does won't impact the PR Application???

qweasdzxc

Star Member
Sep 15, 2013
Yes!!!! Thanks for pointing this out. Just checked my nomination paper: Stream - worker without job offer; Restriction on employment - No

I applied APNP under Strategic Recruitment Stream in the Post-Graduate Worker Category.

Does this mean the change of my employment does won't impact the PR Application???
please, can you tell me what happens to your application right now ???