+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Apartment to rent in Ottawa (2-3 months)

NicoleD

Star Member
Jan 3, 2015
Two Bedroom apartment available May 30th until August 30th. Rent is $900/month. Unit is a spacious 2 bedrooms on the 7th floor, and gets lots of natural light. Rent includes heat, water, electricity and Internet. The building is well maintained, pet friendly and has laundry onsite. There is a bus stop right outside of the building, that will bring you downtown Ottawa in 20 min. A nearby community centre offers an indoor pool and fully-equipped gym. Within close proximity to transit, Landsdowne Park, South Keys Mall, Heron Gate mall, playground, childcare and schools including Carleton University and uOttawa.

• Controlled-access lobby
• Parking Available
• Professional building management on site
• Monitored security cameras
• Social space: Playground
• Swimming Pool
Contact me via PM if interested.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
standard offer from somebody who is renting the same appartement to students (and most likely for better price) but during the summer it is empty. It is nice, but:
1. Newcomers can hit comparable price offer for a short term stay (Airbnb for example).
2. They would prefer long term contract, which you are not offering.
So that is what makes whole offer not that much attractive

NicoleD

Star Member
Jan 3, 2015
standard offer from somebody who is renting the same appartement to students (and most likely for better price) but during the summer it is empty. It is nice, but:
1. Newcomers can hit comparable price offer for a short term stay (Airbnb for example).
2. They would prefer long term contract, which you are not offering.
So that is what makes whole offer not that much attractive
Hi, thank you for your feedback, but I don't think you are familiar with the Canadian prices for renting. As a newcomer myself, I know there are newcomers who want to rent something for 2-3 months, while in the meantime they are looking for a job and a more stable rent (long term). Most people don't rent to newcomers because they don't have any reference or income in Canada. My apartment is furnished and ideal for up to 4 people; student's studios are mostly for 1 pers (2, tops) and way more expensive. I wish I had an opportunity like this when I first landed here. I had to stay in 2 separate locations (via Airbnb) before I could rent something convenient as price and location on a longer term. And trust me, once you are here, you have to do so many things (paperwork, job searching, networking..) that the only think you don't need is to look to move every month into a new house.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, thank you for your feedback, but I don't think you are familiar with the Canadian prices for renting. As a newcomer myself, I know there are newcomers who want to rent something for 2-3 months, while in the meantime they are looking for a job and a more stable rent (long term). Most people don't rent to newcomers because they don't have any reference or income in Canada. My apartment is furnished and ideal for up to 4 people; student's studios are mostly for 1 pers (2, tops) and way more expensive. I wish I had an opportunity like this when I first landed here. I had to stay in 2 separate locations (via Airbnb) before I could rent something convenient as price and location on a longer term. And trust me, once you are here, you have to do so many things (paperwork, job searching, networking..) that the only think you don't need is to look to move every month into a new house.
1. 900 CAD per month is like 30 CAD per day, something like that you can get in Airbnb as well (if you seek for it a bit). So far I know many that are offering through Airbnb are ready to give nice discount, if you rent for a longer time. All offered rooms or apartments are furnished with everything including internet. You have no contract when using Airbnb. So you can rent for shorter (if you find something fast) or to make it longer (if it takes more time). But you do not want to bind yourself down for whole 3 months (I guess that is the only reason - to rent it for whole 3 months you are offering it here and not on Airbnb).
2. Your offer does not solve long term problem and neither offers credit standing for the newcomers (the biggest obstacle is to show your credit standing from outside Canada).
3. Your solution is temporary as well, only advantage is to have whole apartment for yourself but in exchange lock for full 3 months.
anyway good luck with that.