+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

apartment - seems like impossible

spaceraceone

Star Member
Oct 6, 2011
Hello everyone,

Anybody that landed just recently found an apartment? I've been trying to touch base with some management offices - so far nothing fruitful - all require job, perfect rating, etc. I am starting to get really sad ((( not sure what to do - extended stay hotels until the job is found? that's big money... please share if you got anything at all

Thank you

emceemouli

Aug 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
spaceraceone said:
Hello everyone,

Anybody that landed just recently found an apartment? I've been trying to touch base with some management offices - so far nothing fruitful - all require job, perfect rating, etc. I am starting to get really sad ((( not sure what to do - extended stay hotels until the job is found? that's big money... please share if you got anything at all

Thank you
which city is that....

ottawa_girl

Jan 22, 2013
My advice for future ....

If you ever plan to apply for citizenship you will need to provide proof of address from the last 4 years preceding your application. Tons of people get screwed with this later.

Whether it is a hotel, friend place, temporary accomodation, KEEP TRACK OF IT, receipts, bills and all that.

Hope you find a place soon you can check the "housing" section of this forum

spaceraceone

Star Member
Oct 6, 2011
ottawa_girl said:
My advice for future ....

If you ever plan to apply for citizenship you will need to provide proof of address from the last 4 years preceding your application. Tons of people get screwed with this later.

Whether it is a hotel, friend place, temporary accomodation, KEEP TRACK OF IT, receipts, bills and all that.

Hope you find a place soon you can check the "housing" section of this forum
Yeah, I gethered it's coming - thank you

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You could look for private owners instead of big places. Maybe they aren't so picky. Try craigslist or kijiji or look for ads in the papers. If you are along, you can also look for a roommate situation.

buiatti

Jan 28, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Leon said:
You could look for private owners instead of big places. Maybe they aren't so picky. Try craigslist or kijiji or look for ads in the papers. If you are along, you can also look for a roommate situation.
As Leon said, if you are alone, a room in a shared apartment, that is the easiest way to get something quick, and usually not as expensive as getting something on your own.