Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
I understand your point Sir. My question is that If I am going Saskatchewan via Windsor, then my first port of entry is Detroit/ Windsor border where my landing formalities are done. Only then I will go Saskatchewan by road or by air. When I enter to Canada via Detroit/Windsor border, at that time officer will ask me address where they will send pr card, at that time I will give Saskatchewan address of my friend.

1. Since there is no flight going now from USA to Saskatchewan due to Covid, the only option I have to go Saskatchewan by air via Toronto. Sir, from your perspective, I can go Saskatchewan via Toronto first and then 2 weeks quarantine in Saskatchewan...Correct??

2. Actually, my intention is to take apartment in Windsor first and left all my furniture in Windsor and also stay 2 weeks as quarantine and then after 2 weeks, go to Saskatchewan. Is that good idea??? If immigration officer will ask about my staying as quarantine, then I will explain I took apartment in Windsor and after 2 weeks of quarantine, I will go Saskatchewan.

1. Any how I can go Saskatchewan but since there is no flight from USA, the only option I have to go via Toronto...Before Covid, there is flight for Saskatoon via Minneapolis.
1. You can enter the country via major airports but there are flights. https://www.tc.gc.ca/en/initiatives/covid-19-measures-updates-guidance-tc/aviation-measures.html. Certainly you can book tickets. I can see that flight path in google flights takes you via Toronto to SK from Detroit.
Who said you cannot book flights? Which city are you in currently? Here you can see the flights landed from Detroit to Toronto. https://flightaware.com/live/findflight/ZDT/CYYZ
Correct if you land in other province enroute to SK then yes your formalities will be completed at the province you enter first.

2. I cannot repeat again and stress more on whats important. Why you are sticking to windsor again. Your intention is going to get your PR denied.
If your intention is to stay in windsor instead of SK, why would cbsa think that you would settle in SK? When your intention as per provincial sponsorship, you are supposed to be staying in SK which shows that your intention would be settling in SK. if they see that you are not really going to settle in SK then why would they would approve your PR confirmation?

Last edited:

canadapr1982

Jul 17, 2017
1. You can enter the country via major airports but there are flights. https://www.tc.gc.ca/en/initiatives/covid-19-measures-updates-guidance-tc/aviation-measures.html. Certainly you can book tickets. I can see that flight path in google flights takes you via Toronto to SK from Detroit.
Who said you cannot book flights? Which city are you in currently? Here you can see the flights landed from Detroit to Toronto. https://flightaware.com/live/findflight/ZDT/CYYZ
Correct if you land in other province enroute to SK then yes your formalities will be completed at the province you enter first.

2. I cannot repeat again and stress more on whats important. Why you are sticking to windsor again. Your intention is going to get your PR denied.
If your intention is to stay in windsor instead of SK, why would cbsa think that you would settle in SK? When your intention as per provincial sponsorship, you are supposed to be staying in SK which shows that your intention would be settling in SK. if they see that you are not really going to settle in SK then why would they would approve your PR confirmation?
Thanks for your reply Sir. I am in Michigan. One more thing, If that new law pass (executive order bans entry of h1b) then daily commute also not possible...correct sir? It reflects landing formalities also ..correct? Today evening spoke with Saskatoon custom officer, he told me yes quarantine for 2 weeks in destination.Let say If I am going from Michigan via Toronto to Saskatchewan, then I have to quarantine in Saskatchewan.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If you haven’t landed yet why are you moving to Canada. I would do your short landing and then stay at your current job for the next 2 years. There is no guarantee that it will be easy to cross the border to work if the covid cases in a Michigan increases. Some people already have been asked if there job is actually essential due to covid. You don’t have a short commute that is doable daily. You can do a short landing in Windsor although you will likely have to remain in Quarantine for 14 days before returning. When you move to Canada on a permanent basis you need to go to SK. If you can’t find employment while in SK you can then relocate. You should make sure to keep the proof that you attempted to live in SK.

Nick1233

Star Member
Dec 16, 2019
What laws are you guys referring to for accepting nomination from one province and moving to other immediately or when not able to secure employment?

im2gaurav

Jun 16, 2018

Hi Hari,

I have a SK PR. So is it ok to do soft landing in Toronto POE by car and return back to usa? I thought to do this as I am 7 hrs away from Toronto as it will take 25 hrs by car to reach SK from my city.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hi Hari,

I have a SK PR. So is it ok to do soft landing in Toronto POE by car and return back to usa? I thought to do this as I am 7 hrs away from Toronto as it will take 25 hrs by car to reach SK from my city.
No idea if cbsa allows short landing in other province without any problem but its safe to land in the province that offered you(at least the flight destination till SK so that even if landing is in ontario then it wont create issue).

During this kind of pandemic period, its possible that you can convince cbsa that you are just doing to short landing due to flight travel restrictions directly to SK and can tell that you will settle in SK later next year.

canprofus

Dec 20, 2019
1. Except downtown area and some area closer to it, rest of the area should be fine. Once you decide on the area then you should drive around few streets/km from the apartment complex to see if the surrounding homes are in good condition and then you can proceed in signing the lease. https://www.skylineliving.ca/apartments-for-rent/ontario/windsor/
if you have child(ren) going to school then you should first decide on the school and then search on near by apartment(and find our nearby houses are in good condition). The admissions go by school district - https://geoquery.buskids.ca/Eligibility https://www.compareschoolrankings.org/.
2. You dont need any status to work from Canada. Technically you will not be on H1 status unless you reenter every 30 days to US. I am working from home since March and of course in the US system i am not on status. Its nothing but how we worked from offshore location for US based projects. It doesnt matter as you can seek new status whenever you decide to go back to commuting to US. All you need is the valid stamping ready so that you can start your commuting/travelling to US within short notice.
3. Its not correct. Just carry your landing document and show both landing paper and passport to cbsa and you will be fine. Not all have/had PR cards while entering to Canada via road as its not mandatory. I (like many others) have travelled with COPR+passport to enter Canada via road. So dont change your plan just for not having PR card. You need PR card(or prtd) to use commercial vehicles, not required for travelling via road using your/rental car/truck.
4. Canadian service providers dont block connecting to US vpn. So you should not worry on these.
But not telling your company and moving is a bad idea. Why because if you attempt to cross the border to US and if in case cbp wants to verify your employment then they will call your manager or HR during which if they dont know that you are outside the US then its a problem. So to me, one should always inform them(i know that there are many managers dont easily allow for many silly reasons) but somehow your company should be aware of your travel.
Hi @harirajmohan do you know which of the sky line apartment or other apartment fall under Bellewood or Southwood public school? I see both schools have highest ranking in windsor area, but haven't had any success in finding an apartment associated with it. Thanks.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hi @harirajmohan do you know which of the sky line apartment or other apartment fall under Bellewood or Southwood public school? I see both schools have highest ranking in windsor area, but haven't had any success in finding an apartment associated with it. Thanks.
Same problem for me as well hence i had to take apartment near eastwood. Later could not move.
You should have one apartment (http://www.chandlerarms.ca/) which i knew in southwood zone but not sure for bellewood(i heard bellewood is french immersion syllabus but check it out more as i am not sure 100%).

canprofus

Dec 20, 2019
Same problem for me as well hence i had to take apartment near eastwood. Later could not move.
You should have one apartment (http://www.chandlerarms.ca/) which i knew in southwood zone but not sure for bellewood(i heard bellewood is french immersion syllabus but check it out more as i am not sure 100%).
thanks.. did you mean you took chandler after knowing about moving , but ending up living in skyline as it was late to move?

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
thanks.. did you mean you took chandler after knowing about moving , but ending up living in skyline as it was late to move?
I tried to get from chandler but did not get it as office was closed(and later i did not try). I am in skyline now from the beginning.

canprofus

Dec 20, 2019
I tried to get from chandler but did not get it as office was closed(and later i did not try). I am in skyline now from the beginning.
I called them .. they don't seem to have anything available anyways now.

How are the schools associated with skyline? Are they good? Most schools seem to have ratings around 5 for skyline, but wouldn't mind if the experience of people sending is good. Also, is there good Indian crowd in the skyline apartments?

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
I called them .. they don't seem to have anything available anyways now.

How are the schools associated with skyline? Are they good? Most schools seem to have ratings around 5 for skyline, but wouldn't mind if the experience of people sending is good. Also, is there good Indian crowd in the skyline apartments?
You will have to find the apartment based on the school zone https://geoquery.buskids.ca/SchoolInfo to get into that particular school. i heard that indian kids are there in southwood and bellewood. i am not sure about other schools.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Windsor families with decent income usually live in homes versus apartments and the cost of homes is still very reasonable. Would suggest looking into renting a home.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........