Med's Request
18-04-2017
Med's Done....
18-05-2017
Interview........
06-07-2017
LANDED..........
06-07-2017
What is the cheapest apartment in the area of british columbia? Affordable housing. Just for one bedroom.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
pedropil said:
What is the cheapest apartment in the area of british columbia? Affordable housing. Just for one bedroom.
Which city in BC? BC is a huge province and costs vary widely.

pedropil

Dec 2, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Case Processing Centre - Mississauga, Ontario
App. Filed.......
16-05-2016
AOR Received.
09-06-2016
Med's Request
18-04-2017
Med's Done....
18-05-2017
Interview........
06-07-2017
LANDED..........
06-07-2017
scylla said:
Which city in BC? BC is a huge province and costs vary widely.
Nearby city around vancouver. The cheapest rent neighborhood.

Tri-Cities

Aug 10, 2015
There are no cheap places in Vancouver anymore.
Though I would think you will find an affordable place in Surrey or maybe New West. Then Burnaby. The Tri-Cities (Port Moody, Port Coquitlam and Coquitlam) are pricier but sometimes one gets lucky. Langley might be too far. White Rock is nice but expensive too.

North Van, West Van, Kitsilano is pricy.

It also depends on what you're looking for. Finding a good place isn't easy at all. On top you need to decide if you want to rent an apartment in a single house with your landlord living next to you or if you want to try an apartment building (and a manager). Thing is, you won't really know what works best until you try.

Good luck!

Use craigslist but be aware of scams!!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The transit system is pretty good, so you might consider having a look at the overview of what is here (http://www.translink.ca), and determine which areas to focus on. Since Vancouver is the most congested city in all of Canada, it's nice to have options for getting to/from home.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tri-Cities said:
It also depends on what you're looking for. Finding a good place isn't easy at all. On top you need to decide if you want to rent an apartment in a single house with your landlord living next to you or if you want to try an apartment building (and a manager). Thing is, you won't really know what works best until you try.
There are more types of rental dwellings other than apartment inside a low-rise building or single house - such as condo, town house, duplex and detached house.

AlanChapney

Apr 16, 2016
pedropil said:
You gotta be constantly monitoring add websites if you hope to find an inexpensive apartment. There are always something affordable you can find, the problem is most of the times it is taken by someone else before you send a note ;D

devilsofnj

Star Member
Feb 6, 2016
Vancouver Island
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
foodie69 said:
East Hastings has always some cheap apartments..

http://www.forgetthebox.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/heroin-alley-vancouver.jpg

or here: padmapper.com
LOL East Hastings.

IMMICANQUERY

Mar 24, 2016
Hey everyone,

My wife and I are looking for a reasonable 1 bhk house in and closeby of Burnaby. We are coming to Vacouver on Sep 1, 2016. Kindly suggest how many weeks/ days/ months earlier should I start searching for the houses.

regards
RV

Tri-Cities

Aug 10, 2015
What does reasonable mean? How do we know whats reasonable in your world?

Is it just the two of you or do you have kids? Do you need to use translink or do you get a car right away....?

You should definitely look up the housing market (craigslist, kijiji....) but I doubt you'll be getting a place as long as you're not in the city.
So my advise is, look for a place (short term rental or hotel/motel) and start to contact Landlords the very next day.

It's very important and in your best interest to have a look at the potential place.... trust me.

Good luck!

https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/search/bnc/apa

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tri-Cities said:
but I doubt you'll be getting a place as long as you're not in the city.
I had a different experience. I got a place through rent bc.com while I was non resident of Canada.

Tri-Cities

Aug 10, 2015
Cool @ steaky

I just don't think that's the normal scenario. But you're right, it's possible.

Though I would never rent a permanent place w/o having a look at the place and talk to the Landlord in person. But hey, that's just me so who cares.

Vivimanisha

Star Member
Mar 21, 2015
IMMICANQUERY said:
Hey everyone,

My wife and I are looking for a reasonable 1 bhk house in and closeby of Burnaby. We are coming to Vacouver on Sep 1, 2016. Kindly suggest how many weeks/ days/ months earlier should I start searching for the houses.

regards
RV
I suggest check AirBnb for a temporary accommodation and then finalise a long term one once you reach there. Thats what I did. Ping me if you need more help. Shall be moving in 2 weeks.

Cheers
M

MiltonDU

Aug 22, 2015
Vivimanisha said:
I suggest check AirBnb for a temporary accommodation and then finalise a long term one once you reach there. Thats what I did. Ping me if you need more help. Shall be moving in 2 weeks.

Cheers
M
Hei Manisha,

Good to know you are moving. Well, I am also in search for temporary accommodation. Can you help me on this issue? My Visa office will check any document regarding housing; so what can I do? If everything is ok, will i get the papers through e-mail or by regular mail? how long does it take? Please share your experience.

Thanks

IMMICANQUERY

Mar 24, 2016
Vivimanisha said:

Cheers
M
Hey Manisha

Thanks for your reply and apologies for the delay in response (was caught in a whirlpool of things to be completed, as we will be leaving in next 4 days for Canada). Kindly let me know how can I contact you regarding accommodation, as that is the only thing that is undecided.

Best
RV