+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOT - Areas of Training Equivalent in NOC

syeduzairhaider

Star Member
May 2, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have done Master of Business Administration (MBA) from UK and Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) from Pakistan. However, the area of training is showing only Business Administration (Bachelors). What should I do?

Currently I am working in Marketing profession.

What area of training should I choose? Its confusing.

Furthermore, Business Administration (Bach.) is in Section B of Quebec degree which gives 12 points. However, Business Administration (Bach.) also in Section C of Foreign degree which gives 6 points. What to choose from? I have already done my ECA from WES and my MBA is equivalent to a Canadian Masters degree.

adeel.mdh

May 2, 2012
syeduzairhaider said:
I have done Master of Business Administration (MBA) from UK and Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) from Pakistan. However, the area of training is showing only Business Administration (Bachelors). What should I do?

Currently I am working in Marketing profession.

What area of training should I choose? Its confusing.

Furthermore, Business Administration (Bach.) is in Section B of Quebec degree which gives 12 points. However, Business Administration (Bach.) also in Section C of Foreign degree which gives 6 points. What to choose from? I have already done my ECA from WES and my MBA is equivalent to a Canadian Masters degree.
My perception is to select education as master to get max points and in training, may be 6 pts for business.....
I think there is master in marketing in class B ...if i am not forgetting...you can check

syeduzairhaider

Star Member
May 2, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
adeel.mdh said:
My perception is to select education as master to get max points and in training, may be 6 pts for business.....
I think there is master in marketing in class B ...if i am not forgetting...you can check
Yup, there is a Marketing and Purchasing (Bach.) in Section B which gies me 12 points.

kingbose

Dec 29, 2015
Can any one help me. I finished my Master's degree in Bioinformatics. But area of training list, I wasn't able to find my bioinformatics category. Only M.sc in Genetics is displayed. Can I use that category?.. How to approach it ? Need help....

soniya852008

Star Member
Jun 19, 2015
Questions-

1) I have bachelors in science electronics honors- 3 year degree program
and MCA ( master of computer applications) distance learning - 3 year degree program

does quebec consider distance learning that i had done while on a Job?

2) area of training- I have both the above degrees prior to 5 yrs hence only consideration will be the work experience. I have 9 yrs work exp as a software test engineer/lead. So will they consider this work exp for either of the two degrees- bachelors in science electronics honors and MCA distance learning?? I am not sure they will, please can someone guide me here?

Thanks
Soniya

Please help!!

sussie54

Star Member
Jul 29, 2016
Hi folks,

Can Anyone Tell me if i will get 16 points (in Area of Training) for my Degree.

My Degree is in B.Tech (Bachelor Of Technology in Information Technology). Will it be considered as Section A (Computer Engineering (Bach). Or Computer Science (Bach).) ???

I have 8 years of work experience(till date) as Software Test/Quality Assurance Engineer after my degree (got in 2008).

utsobtirtha2014

Jun 13, 2016
Hi pretty_18,
your prudence guideline needed.

I am evaluating my chances for being qualify for CSQ in Preliminary Evaluation for Immigration tool. Suggest me in the followings:

I have 4 years Diploma in Nursing & Midwifery after secondary (12 class). Then completed 2 years degree & 1 year master degree. What could be the best match my educational qualification & AOT for Preliminary Evaluation?

Thanks in advance

sussie54

Star Member
Jul 29, 2016
i have my degree in Bachelor of technology in Information Technology.
Am i eligible for 16 points in Area of Training for CSQ? my most of the subjects are from computer science and engineering.

Should i select my AOT as computer engineering(Bach).???

I am also wrking as Software Test/Quality Assurance Engineer for past 8 years

karansingh14

Jan 8, 2016
Hi All,

Please can anyone confirm if "Software Engineers and Designers (2173)" is regulated profession or not ?
There is lot of confusion in this

Thanks
Karan

sussie54

Star Member
Jul 29, 2016
Posting again...as no replies yet :( pls any1 reply

Hi folks,

Can Anyone Tell me if i will get 16 points (in Area of Training) for my Degree.

My Degree is in B.Tech (Bachelor Of Technology in Information Technology). Will it be considered as Section A (Computer Engineering (Bach). Or Computer Science (Bach).) Huh

I have 8 years of work experience(till date) as Software Test/Quality Assurance Engineer after my degree (got in 2008).

sussie54

Star Member
Jul 29, 2016
Hi Folks,

Please reply for this query.

My Wife has Masters in Computer Science and Engineering, her bachelor's (or UnderGraduate) degree is in Bachelor of Technology in Information Technology.

For UG degree, i think i can select Computer Engineering (Bach). as Area of Training. But i have a doubt that for Masters in Comp.Sci there is no Area of Training mentioned in the list.

Should we select the same Computer Engineering (Bach). for Masters Degree also???

Kindly reply please.

Thanks

sundeep38

Star Member
Mar 29, 2010
Do we need to mention the AOT codes anywhere in the mon projet application? I just entered "Area of training" field in the diploma's section and the NOC code in experience section.

Also, is Software Engineer position a regulatory profession. Do we need to provide any additional documentation before submitting the application. Please advise.

kadian

Sep 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Can someone please tell me the score for my Area of Training as per Latest 2016 criteria:

Master of Commerce (2yrs)
Bachelor of Commerce (3yrs)
Work. Experience in Financial analyses (NOC-1112)

S

sutyfornow

pretty_18 said:
Kindly take note:

The 2015 List of areas of training is intended to identify candidates who have earned diplomas or degrees in areas with good medium-term job prospects. It is compiled with particular regard to Quebec job market requirements.
The diploma or degree must have been obtained in the five years previous to applying for a Quebec Selection Certificate (CSQ).
If this is not the case, the applicant must have worked for at least one year out of the five years in question in a field directly related to the diploma or degree obtained and for which assessment is being made.
So if i earned my bachelors degree in 2011/2012 and i applied in 2017 can i earn the marks of training?

S

sutyfornow

SWZTOCAD said:
Hi,

I have degree in Mechanical engineering which is in list B(12 points) of area of training.

My work experience is in 0621 retail and wholesale trade managers, which falls under NOC 0.

Can I claim points under area of training and work experience.

Please suggest.
Any idea?