+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Aortic Valve Replacement

Shireenparhee

Mar 12, 2019
Hi,

I was born with a congenital heart condition for which I have undergone 3 open heart surgeries, including a valve replacement in 2015. Post that I am now on Blood Thinners (warf and clopid).

I would appreciate any guidance if this would be a hindrance in my application. I am going to be the primary sponsor, migrating with my husband.

Thank you.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,

I was born with a congenital heart condition for which I have undergone 3 open heart surgeries, including a valve replacement in 2015. Post that I am now on Blood Thinners (warf and clopid).

I would appreciate any guidance if this would be a hindrance in my application. I am going to be the primary sponsor, migrating with my husband.

Thank you.
It depends on how your medical situation is assessed - however yes, it's quite possible this may be a hindrance to your application. If IRCC determines you may require surgery again in the next 5-10 years, they it's quite possible IRCC may move to refuse your application because your condition will place a burden on the Canadian health care system. If this happens, you will receive a procedural fairness letter and will be provided with an opportunity to provide evidence that you will not require this level of care in the next 5-10 years.

BTW: It doesn't matter if you are the primary applicant or not in the application - the answer would be the same. Both you and your husband must pass the medical for the application to be approved.