+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Aortic Valve Replacement

rubendosreis

May 22, 2018
Hi

We are thinking of applying for immigration to Canada from South Africa. My wife will apply and she is in good health and has a bachelors in Accounting. I have had an aortic valve replacement in 2016, will this disqualify us?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
As long as the valve replacement was succesful and you don't have other cardiac issues or other health issues it will most likely be ok. The surgery usually solves the issue although much further down the line you may need another replacement valve. Not a super typical problem as a younger person. Usually young kids and older people unless there was a reason why the valve was destroyed like endocarditis. Does your wife have a masters degree? A bachelors is often not enough. You will have to look at how many points you have.

rubendosreis

May 22, 2018
Thanks for getting back to me. Im 100% fine and I don't have any further complications after the operation. She has only a Bachelors degree and not a masters degree. What are the minimum points that one needs to meet in order to qualify?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You will have to look at the website to see if you have the points to qualify. If not you can try for pnp but that takes longer. Suggest you read the express entry Canadian immigration program options.