+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR

Wildbeauty

Jun 15, 2023
Hello, sponsor (common law partner) receive mail that his sponsorship is met the requierments, what’s next is that a good sign?

Last edited:

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello, sponsor (my boyfriend) receive mail that his sponsorship is met the requierments, what’s next is that a good sign?
Your BOYFRIEND is your sponsor? LOL!

If he is your boyfriend, he is not eligible to sponsor you for PR. However...if he is really your Common-Law PARTNER, he can. ;)

Once a sponsor has been assessed, it usually means that the PR applicant (you) is close to, or has reached, the AIP (Approval in Principle) stage. Sponsor approval is the most important step, because without an approved sponsor, you would be eligible for PR in this category.

The next step, is making sure that you meet the definition of Common-Law in the eyes of IRCC, meaning that you have been (and have provided evidence of) cohabiting under the same roof for at least one full year, anywhere in the world. Once that has been verified, your background checks will make sure that you are not inadmissible to Canada (security, criminality, medical, etc.).

In any event, your sponsor being approved is very much a good sign.

Good luck!

Reactions: Wildbeauty

JasonReyes

Jun 19, 2023
Hello people.

So, my ECAS shows that a decision has already been made, but when I login to my IRCC account and check my permanent residence application, it says that a decision has not been made, so I don't know what's going on here.

Can someone explain?

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
Hello all,

My sister got ITA a few weeks ago and she finally submitted all the documents through GCKey. She received the AOR letter saying that she can apply to BOWP. She had also received the Opt-In email last May so she opted in and got her PGWP extended for 18 months, so she doesn't need the BOWP.

Now, her spouse's work permit expires in September 2023. He wanted to apply to a BOWP using the AOR letter, but the letter only states my sister's name because she's the main applicant. How can her spouse get a new work permit.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hello all,

My sister got ITA a few weeks ago and she finally submitted all the documents through GCKey. She received the AOR letter saying that she can apply to BOWP. She had also received the Opt-In email last May so she opted in and got her PGWP extended for 18 months, so she doesn't need the BOWP.

Now, her spouse's work permit expires in September 2023. He wanted to apply to a BOWP using the AOR letter, but the letter only states my sister's name because she's the main applicant. How can her spouse get a new work permit.
If she already has work permit, she don’t need to apply for BOWP . You can apply for BOWP if your work permit is expiring soon . For SOWP she can simply apply with that AOR if her husband is added in the application.

Reactions: andrews17

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
If she already has work permit, she don’t need to apply for BOWP . You can apply for BOWP if your work permit is expiring soon . For SOWP she can simply apply with that AOR if her husband is added in the application.
Her husband is in the application, but his name is not stated in the AOR letter.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Her husband is in the application, but his name is not stated in the AOR letter.
There will be not name on that AOR because he is not primary applicant for PR application. He is dependent in that application. So she need to attach marriage certificate and other documents and as a proof that PR is applied that letter can be used.

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
There will be not name on that AOR because he is not primary applicant for PR application. He is dependent in that application. So she need to attach marriage certificate and other documents and as a proof that PR is applied that letter can be used.
Sounds good, thanks!

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
BTW, this is probably answered in another thread but I'll still ask. How long is it taking in average from AOR to COPR for CEC inland applicants?

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
BTW, this is probably answered in another thread but I'll still ask. How long is it taking in average from AOR to COPR for CEC inland applicants?
Every case is different. Most probably your application can be processed in 2 months or 2 years no one knows that . It all depends on how your case is whether complex or straightforward. Also depends on your luck . So there is no certain answer for this :) .

Reactions: andrews17

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Your BOYFRIEND is your sponsor? LOL!

If he is your boyfriend, he is not eligible to sponsor you for PR. However...if he is really your Common-Law PARTNER, he can. ;)

Once a sponsor has been assessed, it usually means that the PR applicant (you) is close to, or has reached, the AIP (Approval in Principle) stage. Sponsor approval is the most important step, because without an approved sponsor, you would be eligible for PR in this category.

The next step, is making sure that you meet the definition of Common-Law in the eyes of IRCC, meaning that you have been (and have provided evidence of) cohabiting under the same roof for at least one full year, anywhere in the world. Once that has been verified, your background checks will make sure that you are not inadmissible to Canada (security, criminality, medical, etc.).

In any event, your sponsor being approved is very much a good sign.

Good luck!
Sponsor approval tends to be quite early in the process. The background checks tend to take the longest so wouldn’t say close to AIP.