NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2014
AOR Received.
14-07-2014
Hi everyone,

I applied for permanent residency via the Canadian Experience Class (CEC) option and submitted my application on November 18, 2013 (confirmation received by Mike Kachveda) but have not heard back yet and it has been almost 4 months.

As part of the CEC program, if I'm successful in the first stage, I would be given the AOR to apply for my bridging visa and would hence be able to continue working on implied status. I have emailed CEC for an update 4 weeks ago but haven't received a response yet and sent a follow up on Friday, March 07, 2014 attaching confirmation of receipt from Canada post that it was received. My Work Permit expires April 17, 2014 (5 weeks time) and I am getting worried that my application could be lost as it generally they take 8-12 weeks to receive your AOR but I have not heard anything back and its been almost 16 weeks. What happens if I do not receive my AOR in time before my Work permit expires in April? I will have to stop working and could potentially lose my job as they will have to seek special dispensation from the union to extend.

Surely I should not be at a disadvantage if it was misplaced/lost as I submitted 5 months before my Work Permit expires? Any feedback or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
SG

Jan30

Star Member
Jan 29, 2014
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
cpp-ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-3-2014
Doc's Request.
RCMP ON MAY15,2014
AOR Received.
25-3-2014
Med's Request
09-06-2015
Med's Done....
10-6-2015
Passport Req..
31-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
6-8-2015
LANDED..........
12-8-2015
Glitzy23 said:
Hi everyone,

I applied for permanent residency via the Canadian Experience Class (CEC) option and submitted my application on November 18, 2013 (confirmation received by Mike Kachveda) but have not heard back yet and it has been almost 4 months.

As part of the CEC program, if I'm successful in the first stage, I would be given the AOR to apply for my bridging visa and would hence be able to continue working on implied status. I have emailed CEC for an update 4 weeks ago but haven't received a response yet and sent a follow up on Friday, March 07, 2014 attaching confirmation of receipt from Canada post that it was received. My Work Permit expires April 17, 2014 (5 weeks time) and I am getting worried that my application could be lost as it generally they take 8-12 weeks to receive your AOR but I have not heard anything back and its been almost 16 weeks. What happens if I do not receive my AOR in time before my Work permit expires in April? I will have to stop working and could potentially lose my job as they will have to seek special dispensation from the union to extend.

Surely I should not be at a disadvantage if it was misplaced/lost as I submitted 5 months before my Work Permit expires? Any feedback or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
SG
Did u check your spam folder?
is your bank draft or creditcard charge it?
if no then u have to contact cic.

LPS

Champion Member
Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
07-10-2013
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
09-04-2014
You mean Mike Kachevda?

I think he accidentally dropped the envelope down the elevator shaft.

Seriously though, try the suggestions above, also try logging into eCAS - at https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do?app=ecas

If you can log in and it shows "Application Received", then you have been issued an AOR, it has just been lost on its way to you (perhaps in your spam folder which is deleted after a certain time).

Glitzy23

Mar 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2014
AOR Received.
14-07-2014
I called CIC but they don't have access to CEC information so couldn't give me an update. Just said to email CEC again which doesn't really help. I have being check the online status with my client ID but it says there is no record. I've checked my junk/spam email and nothing also.

I paid by a certified cheque so the money was taking from my account straight away and sent in with my application. I don't really know what else I can do?!

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Glitzy23 said:
I called CIC but they don't have access to CEC information so couldn't give me an update. Just said to email CEC again which doesn't really help. I have being check the online status with my client ID but it says there is no record. I've checked my junk/spam email and nothing also.

I paid by a certified cheque so the money was taking from my account straight away and sent in with my application. I don't really know what else I can do?!
Try different combinations of first names, last names or middle names in the name field.
You can also try a different country. Applicants from Ireland sometimes have to choose UK for the country.
Play around a little bit with the information.
Other than that, your best bet would be emailing CPC stating name, dob and uci and inquiring about your application.

medabor

Star Member
Jan 1, 2014
BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Glitzy23 said:
Hi everyone,

Thanks,
SG
I think putting a wrong email in your application might be the reason too ..

lalithaditya215

Star Member
Nov 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2013
AOR Received.
Jan-07-2014
Med's Request
May-29-2014
Med's Done....
June-29-2014
Passport Req..
July-17-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Sep-02-20114
Glitzy23 said:

Try calling the bank who gave you the certified cheque. I made cheque with TD canada and they were able to confirm the withdrawal of money with that cheque . If they don't withdraw then that means your application might have lost some where and apply new one without wasting time. You can cancel that check and get a new one.

paramsaini

Nov 28, 2012
Dont worry buddy it happened with me to...if u did email to them..they will send it to u ... I got mine after 5 weeks from email...it happened with some people normal thong so relax...

Hichaman

Mar 12, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
2**2
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-2014
AOR Received.
03-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
File Transfer...
03-2014
Med's Request
04-2015
Med's Done....
04-2015
Interview........
Waived Alhamdolilah
Passport Req..
06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-2015
LANDED..........
08-2015 :)
I would call them or email them, because it should take this long, I filed my app feb 13 and i got AOR 28 days after, you dont want to fall behind just because of small mistake from some1 end.