+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR - what does it look like?

BeeHel

Sep 16, 2022
Good evening,
I am sponsoring my husband - Inland application.
Submitted June 6th. Medical exam request received August 1st and Medical exam confirmed completed on August 25th.

I received the following email on July 30th:

UCI: *****
Application No.:****
Quote these numbers when corresponding with our office.

This is an automated message. Please DO NOT RESPOND to this message.

Dear B*** H***,

This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2022/06/06 on behalf of the following member(s):

Is this equivalent to an AOR?
If yes, how can i apply for an OWP now? if we go to the online account, the application is still in view mode and we can't add any documents to it.

Help please!!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, it is AOR.

Can't answer the second question, other than to say that it looks like yet another glitch in their system. My try calling them.

Reactions: BeeHel

BeeHel

Sep 16, 2022
Thank you so much for your fast reply.
I thought the AOR was literally a reference number called "AOR" that's why i'm not sure. Should I use the UCI or the Application number for reference with my OWP? I will check other threads on how to submit the OWP if my application is still in "View" mode.

1996kaur

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
Good evening,
I am sponsoring my husband - Inland application.
Submitted June 6th. Medical exam request received August 1st and Medical exam confirmed completed on August 25th.

I received the following email on July 30th:

UCI: *****
Application No.:****
Quote these numbers when corresponding with our office.

This is an automated message. Please DO NOT RESPOND to this message.

Dear B*** H***,

This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2022/06/06 on behalf of the following member(s):

Is this equivalent to an AOR?
If yes, how can i apply for an OWP now? if we go to the online account, the application is still in view mode and we can't add any documents to it.

Help please!!
yes, it is AOR

Underhill

Feb 5, 2020
Vancouver, BC
AOR's are hit and miss with IRCC, but yes, that email is a defacto AOR.

Pretty sure you can't apply for an OWP until the PR application is approved in principle (AIP). Like my application back in early 2020, my PR was approved before my OWP application was even processed, so I got a refund for the OWP fees. Apparently the work permit process is EXTREMELY backed up, so likely your PR application will be approved before your OWP will be.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Pretty sure you can't apply for an OWP until the PR application is approved in principle (AIP). Like my application back in early 2020, my PR was approved before my OWP application was even processed, so I got a refund for the OWP fees. Apparently the work permit process is EXTREMELY backed up, so likely your PR application will be approved before your OWP will be.
I believe AIP is only needed if the applicant is out of status. AOR is when an Inland applicant, with status, can apply for OWP.

Reactions: YVR123

BeeHel

Sep 16, 2022

Thank you for the info. It's very helpful.

All i'm looking for is to be able to submit the OWP forms but our online account is only in View mode. Do you know what we can do in this case? do we really need to wait for the AOR?

Underhill

Feb 5, 2020
Vancouver, BC
I believe AIP is only needed if the applicant is out of status. AOR is when an Inland applicant, with status, can apply for OWP.
Admittedly I'm not sure on this - you may be correct. When I applied back in 2020 you could submit both the PR and OWP (paper) applications at the same time. I've read a few times here recently that now, AIP was needed before an OWP could be submitted, however, it may not be the case. So sorry for the vague response - hopefully someone with more recent experience on this can chime in.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Admittedly I'm not sure on this - you may be correct. When I applied back in 2020 you could submit both the PR and OWP (paper) applications at the same time. I've read a few times here recently that now, AIP was needed before an OWP could be submitted, however, it may not be the case. So sorry for the vague response - hopefully someone with more recent experience on this can chime in.
Previously, a person without legal status could include an OWP with their Inland sponsorship application (in the same package), with `PROCESS AFTER AIP' written in red ink across the top of the first page of the OWP application. This was to signal to CIC (at the time) that the applicant was out of status and would not be eligible for OWP processing until after they had received AIP, otherwise it would be denied, due to being out of status. A person with legal status could do the same (save for the red ink part) and it would give them Implied Status (Now Maintained Status) automatically once their current status expired, even if that was before AIP. I don't recall that an applicant with status had to actually wait for AIP to have their OWP processed.

Agree that things very well may have changed, but I've seen a few recent posts with people stating that they applied as soon as they had their AOR...how ever cryptic the message was from IRCC alerting them of AOR.

Reactions: Underhill