+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR to PPR: here's what my application looked like (FSW-O)

sid1987

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
19-06-2018
AOR Received.
19-06-2018
Passport Req..
25 -07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2018
LANDED..........
04-08-2018

sid1987

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
19-06-2018
AOR Received.
19-06-2018
Passport Req..
25 -07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2018
LANDED..........
04-08-2018
Well said. For a mintue I thought we have gone back to cave age.
its not about cave age.. its about respect.. Using buddy for girls can be offensive.. you will know once start living in Canada or English countries... try that here.. you will get stares mate... she is just chilled... this could go either way

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
its not about cave age.. its about respect.. Using buddy for girls can be offensive.. you will know once start living in Canada or English countries... try that here.. you will get stares mate... she is just chilled... this could go either way
I'm from English country Btw, so don't be so judgmental.

northern sunshine

Mar 22, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
AOR Received.
12-06-2018
Med's Done....
02-06-2018
Passport Req..
26-07-2018
LANDED..........
23-02-2019
Let's not argue about this here ;)

sid1987

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
19-06-2018
AOR Received.
19-06-2018
Passport Req..
25 -07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2018
LANDED..........
04-08-2018

pursuit_of_happiness

Jul 23, 2018
Dude, what are you talking about ?

SID : stalker in disguise

Reactions: Jakev

sid1987

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
19-06-2018
AOR Received.
19-06-2018
Passport Req..
25 -07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2018
LANDED..........
04-08-2018

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
yeaaa only if a girl allows to use it for her... its used for close ones or whom you know
Not necessarily. I prefer buddy to being called sir or maam on the forum to be honest. Its jusy another word for "my friend"

Miles813

Jul 8, 2018
Connecticut, USA
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
08-07-2018
@northern sunshine - Thank you so much again for such detailed information! What was the process for sending them your US passport? Did they request copies of the passport ID page and printed photos directly to Canada or to a consulate office?

Thanks!!

northern sunshine

Mar 22, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
AOR Received.
12-06-2018
Med's Done....
02-06-2018
Passport Req..
26-07-2018
LANDED..........
23-02-2019
@northern sunshine - Thank you so much again for such detailed information! What was the process for sending them your US passport? Did they request copies of the passport ID page and printed photos directly to Canada or to a consulate office?

Thanks!!
They asked for copies of the bio page and the endorsement (amendment) pages at the end of the passport to be sent to CPC Ottawa.

Specifically, the email says the following:
If you are holder of passport(s) from countries whose citizens need an eTA to travel to Canada or a holder of passport(s) from the United States, you will need to submit one photocopy of the photo page and any pages containing amendments of the passport for you and for each accompanying family member. Please do not send your original passport(s). Your passport(s) should be valid for at least 6 months.Please note that these instructions apply to passport holders from Mexico as well, who, as of December 1, 2016 , do not require a visa to enter Canada.
They also want two PR photos (virtually identical to Canadian passport photos), which I had taken in Canada during my last visit (supposedly Walgreens, CVS, and Costco will do Canadian specs, too).
Two (2) photos of yourself and of each accompanying family member. See our specifications at www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf

Reactions: Miles813

jmelk

May 9, 2018
They asked for copies of the bio page and the endorsement (amendment) pages at the end of the passport to be sent to CPC Ottawa.

Specifically, the email says the following:

They also want two PR photos (virtually identical to Canadian passport photos), which I had taken in Canada during my last visit (supposedly Walgreens, CVS, and Costco will do Canadian specs, too).
What has been your experience since? I'm pretty much in the exact situation as you but unfortunately still waiting for my PPR. Now starting to get ready for what comes after that golden email.

After you submitted your Passport what has the process been? Have you completed your landing? Any informaiton you have after your PPR would be so helpful!

Thank you in advance!!

northern sunshine

Mar 22, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
AOR Received.
12-06-2018
Med's Done....
02-06-2018
Passport Req..
26-07-2018
LANDED..........
23-02-2019
What has been your experience since? I'm pretty much in the exact situation as you but unfortunately still waiting for my PPR. Now starting to get ready for what comes after that golden email.

After you submitted your Passport what has the process been? Have you completed your landing? Any informaiton you have after your PPR would be so helpful!

Thank you in advance!!
I had to send copies of my passport page and endorsements (US citizen) along with a completed Annex A (found at the end of their email-- I had to do some creative highlighting/pasting/printing to get it on to one page, lol). I also sent two PR photos that I had taken at a Shoppers Drug Mart while I was in Canada this past summer. I had both of the photos attested on the back, but realized later that I only needed one of them to be attested. No harm done. :)

I made the mistake of sending it by USPS first class registered mail and it took forever to arrive. Once it was actually received in Ottawa, though, it was just a few days (I think 5 days, but 2 of those were a weekend) before they approved my application online, and then they initiated the return delivery with my CoPR on the following day. They returned the copy of my passport bio page to me along with two copies of my CoPR, one of which has one of my PR photos attached, and a sheet explaining what the CoPR is and what my responsibilities are.

My CoPR is dated as expiring June 9th, 2019 (1 year and 1 week from the date I took my medical... I suspect the 9th is the day they uploaded the results, but can't confirm), so I have a lot of time to land. I've arranged for my next visit to Canada to be in February, so I'll complete my landing formalities at that time. Realistically, there isn't a lot between now and landing-- I'm putting together my list of goods, but that's about it! There are a couple threads around about landing experiences, so I'd look to those for post-PPR stuff (that's where I'm looking, too).

jmelk

May 9, 2018
I had to send copies of my passport page and endorsements (US citizen) along with a completed Annex A (found at the end of their email-- I had to do some creative highlighting/pasting/printing to get it on to one page, lol). I also sent two PR photos that I had taken at a Shoppers Drug Mart while I was in Canada this past summer. I had both of the photos attested on the back, but realized later that I only needed one of them to be attested. No harm done. :)

I made the mistake of sending it by USPS first class registered mail and it took forever to arrive. Once it was actually received in Ottawa, though, it was just a few days (I think 5 days, but 2 of those were a weekend) before they approved my application online, and then they initiated the return delivery with my CoPR on the following day. They returned the copy of my passport bio page to me along with two copies of my CoPR, one of which has one of my PR photos attached, and a sheet explaining what the CoPR is and what my responsibilities are.

My CoPR is dated as expiring June 9th, 2019 (1 year and 1 week from the date I took my medical... I suspect the 9th is the day they uploaded the results, but can't confirm), so I have a lot of time to land. I've arranged for my next visit to Canada to be in February, so I'll complete my landing formalities at that time. Realistically, there isn't a lot between now and landing-- I'm putting together my list of goods, but that's about it! There are a couple threads around about landing experiences, so I'd look to those for post-PPR stuff (that's where I'm looking, too).
Thank you so much! Really appreciate it :)

Good luck!!

Reactions: northern sunshine

northern sunshine

Mar 22, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
AOR Received.
12-06-2018
Med's Done....
02-06-2018
Passport Req..
26-07-2018
LANDED..........
23-02-2019
Edit/Addendum:

Documents that I uploaded with my application (one PDF per section):

Documents in pink were explicitly required. Documents in green are not explicitly required but recommended to be included. Documents in black are supplementary evidence that I provided at my own discretion.
  • Passports/travel documents:
    1. Passport bio page
    2. Passport contact info page
    3. Pages 8-15 (pages with stamps)
  • Police certificate:
    1. Police clearance certificate PDF from FBI (2 pages)
  • Proof of medical exam:
    1. eMedical information sheet (2 pages)
  • Education (diplomas/degrees):
    1. Master of Science degree (front only)
    2. CES Assessment of degree (2 pages - front and back)
    3. Academic transcript for M.Sc. (2 pages - front and back)
    4. CELPIP exam results (front only)
  • Employment Records:
    1. Letter of experience signed by HR
    2. Job offer letter from when I was first offered the job (3 pages)
    3. June 1 paystub
    4. May 18 paystub
    5. May 4 paystub
    6. First page of original job posting that I applied to listing anticipated job duties (couldn’t find the second page)
  • Proof of Means of Financial Support ("Proof of Funds" = POF):
    1. Letter from Bank (2 pages, received in black and white, just signed “customer service")
    2. March 2018 statement (3 pages, covers 3 months)
    3. December 2017 statement (3 pages, covers 3 months)
    4. Past 6 months account history printed from website
    5. E-mail correspondence with the bank regarding bank contact information
  • Digital photo:
    1. 35:45 self-taken digital image (JPG, not PDF) cropped using epassportphoto.com
  • Letter of explanation (3 pages)
I scanned everything using a personal scanner at home, except for the PCC, since it was already in PDF form when I received it from the FBI and did not need any additional documentation. Some of the documents that I included were unnecessary, but I included them to provide additional reassurance in areas where I was concerned that there might be some questions.
I can't edit the original post since it's been so long, but in my original post I had my academic transcripts listed as "explicitly required." This was a thought I had at the time that came from the following text:
Proof of completed Canadian or foreign educational credentials can include copies of
  • secondary or post-secondary education documents (certificates, diplomas or degrees); and
  • transcripts for successfully completed secondary or post-secondary studies, if available.
Upon further reflection I feel that the wording is more of a suggestion than a requirement ("can include"). Additionally, in eAPR, there is no suggestion to include transcripts, and as such, I would change it to green rather than pink (suggested, not required). I do believe that transcripts, official or unofficial, would bolster an application, but I also feel that there are probably people who have not included their transcripts and still done fine.