+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR takes really long time

vokec45101

Dec 21, 2022
I have send my Citizenship application electronically on August 1 2022
Still have not heard back anything and have not been issued an AOR.

I have tried to contact IRCC via webform twice, updated my address and got a new travelers document from a different country. Got responses that information will be added to my application.

Without AOR I cannot receive any updates or not have any number to my application which means I cannot even explain to the agent about my application being stuck.
Any advice how and what could I do in this situations?

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022

I have tried to contact IRCC via webform twice, updated my address and got a new travelers document from a different country. Got responses that information will be added to my application.

Without AOR I cannot receive any updates or not have any number to my application which means I cannot even explain to the agent about my application being stuck.
I feel like calling IRCC might help to see what is going on...

wink

May 25, 2021

I hope you checked your spam folder. I came across some cases (in the forum) like yours and they are able get the Application number by calling IRCC. I don't think your application is stuck or something... just that you did not get the AOR notice. I am kind of certain that you are already issued an Application number. Call IRCC and tell them that you missed your AOR notice and would like to know the Application number.

vokec45101

Dec 21, 2022
Ca
I hope you checked your spam folder. I came across some cases (in the forum) like yours and they are able get the Application number by calling IRCC. I don't think your application is stuck or something... just that you did not get the AOR notice. I am kind of certain that you are already issued an Application number. Call IRCC and tell them that you missed your AOR notice and would like to know the Application number.

Thank you for response, called them today. They say application is not on their file.
Like how come lol, they told me to wait more. But since they did not even looked at it they can always claim like they have not even received it.
Question is what could I do here. Provided the issue AOR for applications of Oct 31.

RickyT

Star Member
Sep 13, 2015
If you think the wait for AOR is long just wait until you need to wait for them to start working on your application.

vokec45101

Dec 21, 2022
If you think the wait for AOR is long just wait until you need to wait for them to start working on your application.
Yaa, I am suspecting that if I already waited for 5 month and if I wait for say a year total, then they still tell me, "application is not on our file" nothing I could do about it.

wink

May 25, 2021
Yaa, I am suspecting that if I already waited for 5 month and if I wait for say a year total, then they still tell me, "application is not on our file" nothing I could do about it.
5 month is much longer than usual. AOR for an online application shouldn't take that long. Wonder how an online application can vanish. I hope you followed the process and submitted correctly. You would have received an email confirmation (not AOR) just after submitting. Hope you received it. It is usually with the subject "Submission confirmation".

Also you can login into your account and check whether you see your application. It should show Status of your application: Submitted for our review

Last edited:

Jose1

Star Member
Dec 11, 2022
Can you please confirm the address that was sent to? There is 2 address one for the mailbox and second one for the courier, did you mention Adult Grant?
Did you check the courier that your mail has arrived?

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
Can you please confirm the address that was sent to? There is 2 address one for the mailbox and second one for the courier, did you mention Adult Grant?
Did you check the courier that your mail has arrived?
OP's application is an online submission... As @wink suggested, checking the online portal and making sure they received the submission email is important

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
weird issue. happened with a friend of mine recently. Paper application. After a year, IRCC mentioned that they don't have his application on file. Restart the BS again.

vokec45101

Dec 21, 2022
OP's application is an online submission... As @wink suggested, checking the online portal and making sure they received the submission email is important
I saw that application has been summited for our review status on the online portal. No updates beyond that.
I am tempted to just reapply by mail so the cannot say that my application has not been received.

kks87

Star Member
Apr 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2016
AOR Received.
12-03-2016
File Transfer...
29-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
04-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2016

Any AOR yet? We applied for my husband sept 14 online and still no AOR here. Online inquiry didn’t help just said there is no record yet.