+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR received but application returned, what about BOWP?

BTSDNA

Star Member
Oct 1, 2017
I had received my AOR (Acknowledgement of Receipt Email) from CIC (inland, paper based PNP) so I proceeded to apply for my BOWP since my permit was expiring. One month later I received my entire PR application in the mail saying I've missed a signature, and thus the whole application is considered returned & no longer in processing. I had to submit it again as a new application.
I wonder what happens now to my BOWP, my AOR was valid, and according to their instruction manual: (emphasis mine)
Paper APR: determining if a positive eligibility decision has been made
If the paper APR under 1 of the qualifying economic classes was submitted by mail prior to January 1, 2015, or was submitted outside of the Express Entry system, it must have a positive eligibility assessment in order for the foreign national to be eligible for a BOWP.

The positive eligibility assessment is considered to be made once the status of the Eligibility field in GCMS is set to “Passed” (or “Met” for FSWC applications submitted prior to January 1, 2015) OR an Acknowledgment of Receipt letter or email has been sent to the applicant.

Applicants applying for a BOWP must include a copy of their Acknowledgment of Receipt letter with their open work permit application.
I won't get the new AOR before my BOWP gets processed so I may have a slim chance here, because of the wording it seems that all that matters is the fact that the AOR email was sent to me. I think it's quite rare to get an AOR and then your application get returned because of a missing signature (usually these checks are done before an AOR is issued).

Last edited:

WaiterCA

Star Member
Mar 6, 2018
Calgary
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Nomination.....
06-07-2017
AOR Received.
12-09-2017
Difficult to say what exactly will happen. I think now the only thing you can do is to apply for PR again and wait.
PR applicants always get BOWP that has one year length. It means they don't care at what stage PR application and how long it will take.They also process BOWP and PR in different locations, so it's a chance that you will get your BOWP.

Reactions: BTSDNA

BTSDNA

Star Member
Oct 1, 2017
Difficult to say what exactly will happen. I think now the only thing you can do is to apply for PR again and wait.
PR applicants always get BOWP that has one year length. It means they don't care at what stage PR application and how long it will take.They also process BOWP and PR in different locations, so it's a chance that you will get your BOWP.
Thanks. I have already re-applied for PR but given current processing times there's no way I'll have a new AOR before my BOWP permit gets processed.

corner.brookNL

Nov 17, 2018
I had received my AOR (Acknowledgement of Receipt Email) from CIC (inland, paper based PNP) so I proceeded to apply for my BOWP since my permit was expiring. One month later I received my entire PR application in the mail saying I've missed a signature, and thus the whole application is considered returned & no longer in processing. I had to submit it again as a new application.
I wonder what happens now to my BOWP, my AOR was valid, and according to their instruction manual: (emphasis mine)

I won't get the new AOR before my BOWP gets processed so I may have a slim chance here, because of the wording it seems that all that matters is the fact that the AOR email was sent to me. I think it's quite rare to get an AOR and then your application get returned because of a missing signature (usually these checks are done before an AOR is issued).
The cic did exact same thing to me as well, my wife got AOR 23rd Jan, and one message came to cic account shows all application returned saying missed a signature, we are waiting our package send back , it been almost two weeks still didnt received yet。。。。

BTSDNA

Star Member
Oct 1, 2017
The cic did exact same thing to me as well, my wife got AOR 23rd Jan, and one message came to cic account shows all application returned saying missed a signature, we are waiting our package send back , it been almost two weeks still didnt received yet。。。。
Welp, according to CIC's processing times, I should be getting a decision on my BOWP application next week. I'll let you know what happens but I'm 99% sure it will be denied.

corner.brookNL

Nov 17, 2018
Welp, according to CIC's processing times, I should be getting a decision on my BOWP application next week. I'll let you know what happens but I'm 99% sure it will be denied.
add my whatsapp +17096381808
did you get message from your cic account ? what date is the day they returned to you? i just want to know how long i can get my package back....thx

BTSDNA

Star Member
Oct 1, 2017
Update: my application was approved a few days ago. It took way longer than expected and I was able to send a form with the new AOR.

Reactions: popeye12
Feb 15, 2023
Yes, using the webform I sent a copy of the new AOR together with an explanation.
Hi, I am currently in the same boat. I applied for my PR got my AOR and then got an incomplete application from IRCC. I sent a web form explaining that I made a mistake with my travel dates and asked to reinstate my application.

I also applied for the BOWP. What are my chances for refusal? I have very limited time on my current work permit. Not sure what to do.

Did you get the bowp after you submitted a new AOR? Or before?

baltixz

Jul 25, 2010
Hi, I am currently in the same boat. I applied for my PR got my AOR and then got an incomplete application from IRCC. I sent a web form explaining that I made a mistake with my travel dates and asked to reinstate my application.

I also applied for the BOWP. What are my chances for refusal? I have very limited time on my current work permit. Not sure what to do.

when will be your permit expired?

lamen22

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020

Is this for non express entry?
How long after AOR did it take for them to return your application?