+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>AOR November 2022<<<<<<<**Join Here**

AndyUK

Oct 15, 2022
I thought that today my application process was over but clearly that's not the case...

I've just received a parcel from DHL from London VFS but inside were two copies of my wife's COPR and no COPR for me (I'm the primary applicant).

Great...

klubsoda

Star Member
Jul 6, 2022
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Jeez there's always something lol. Glad you got a prompt response!

AndyUK

Oct 15, 2022
Jeez there's always something lol. Glad you got a prompt response!
Yeah, ridiculous... No idea why 2 sheets of paper must be sent as completely separate parcels... I'm sure it makes sense to someone :D ;)
But at least it looks like the email they use for shipping is monitored by someone so that's ok.

AndyUK

Oct 15, 2022
COPR received :)
Just over 2.5 months from AOR.

It was a bumpy ride - decided to apply in early 2020, just before Covid hit, so had my fair share of stress and disappointments but I had to give credit to IRCC where it's due - since getting an ITA, the process has been extremely fast and only with minor bumps (due to VFS, not IRCC). I never expected to get COPR in a such short period of time.

Now onto booking a flight, looking for a job, and preparing for a move in late April :)

CoolUk2

Oct 13, 2022

It was a bumpy ride - decided to apply in early 2020, just before Covid hit, so had my fair share of stress and disappointments but I had to give credit to IRCC where it's due - since getting an ITA, the process has been extremely fast and only with minor bumps (due to VFS, not IRCC). I never expected to get COPR in a such short period of time.

Now onto booking a flight, looking for a job, and preparing for a move in late April :)
What a journey - got a bit emotional reading this. I'm still in disbelief myself but the pre-arrival services are amazing I must say. Trying to figure out the goods to follow list haha

Soft landing in Vancouver in March to see the region but destined for Toronto in the Sunmer once I've wrapped everything up here. IRCC have been phenominal so far - landing should go smoothly!

Best of luck and hope the absolute best for you!

AndyUK

Oct 15, 2022
What a journey - got a bit emotional reading this. I'm still in disbelief myself but the pre-arrival services are amazing I must say. Trying to figure out the goods to follow list haha

Soft landing in Vancouver in March to see the region but destined for Toronto in the Sunmer once I've wrapped everything up here. IRCC have been phenominal so far - landing should go smoothly!

Best of luck and hope the absolute best for you!
Thanks! :) And all the best to you too :)

We're moving to Vancouver. Probably will be only able to rent a shoebox there but at least it will be somewhere where we really want to be :D

Now the biggest concern is how our two cats will take the 9 hour flight :D I think we will take enough earplugs for all other passengers... just in case ;)

Gur323

Star Member
Feb 23, 2022

Congartulations. So amazed with your timelines.

Reactions: AndyUK

Cal2022

Dec 21, 2022
Thanks! :) And all the best to you too :)

We're moving to Vancouver. Probably will be only able to rent a shoebox there but at least it will be somewhere where we really want to be :D

Now the biggest concern is how our two cats will take the 9 hour flight :D I think we will take enough earplugs for all other passengers... just in case ;)
Congratulations @AndyUK We are Brit’s too and are currently waiting for our eCOPRs (since Dec 28). Been here in Alberta since early summer 2022 on a work permit via the Alberta PNP programme and love it.

you mentioned bringing your cats out. We shipped ours too. We would highly recommend PetAir. Expensive but they were excellent - run by vets.

Reactions: AndyUK

Kumar_g

Dec 21, 2022
Dear All,

I find this forum very interactive. Though I am Dec AOR candidate, would it be okay if I could ask a question related to my profile?

AOR 3 DEC
CEC Inland
Old Bio and Medicals
my Bio was linked on my account on 2 Jan. But the message shows I do not need Biometrics. Also, in the medical field, it shows I do not need medicals. what do you think would be the reason? I am unable to reach IRCC helpdesk ever. Please let me know if anyone else has a similar situation.

Aman Gondara

Dec 4, 2020
AOR: 14/12/2022
MEDICAL passed: 30/11/2022
biometrics linked: 30/11/2022
Ghost update: 1/12/2022
Ghost update: 19/1/2023 (Profile or application updated) but background status: we are processing your background check.

AndyUK

Oct 15, 2022
Congratulations @AndyUK We are Brit’s too and are currently waiting for our eCOPRs (since Dec 28). Been here in Alberta since early summer 2022 on a work permit via the Alberta PNP programme and love it.

you mentioned bringing your cats out. We shipped ours too. We would highly recommend PetAir. Expensive but they were excellent - run by vets.
Great to hear that you're happy with your move to Canada :)

Thank you for the recommendation. I think I looked at PetAir before. I'm just really apprehensive about letting the cats out of sight during the travel.
Did your cats go on a separate flight after you already landed in Canada? How did they take the journey?

I'm 99% sure I would like to take them in the cabin with us (Air Canada allows it on flights from the UK) but I'm still considering all options.

sean468

Mar 10, 2022
Calgary
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
28-11-2022
Nomination.....
23-11-2022
AOR Received.
28-11-2022
Med's Request
17-05-2023
Med's Done....
17-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2023
LANDED..........
22-06-2023
Finally got through to IRCC (I called at 6:30am Calgary Time - which doesn't make sense as I have an Alberta Number and it's meant to be 8am local time - but I'll take it)

VO: CPC Edmonton
Medical: Complete (though I already knew that)
Criminality: Complete (forgot to ask what date was complete)
Security: Not Started
Eligibility: Not Started

Last edited: