+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR November 2020 - Join here

harshanis91

Oct 27, 2020
Hello,

I got ITA on 5th November. I'm under Provincial nomination program.
While continuing to complete my application I realized I had made a mistake in my "First name" field when creating the profile. I had mentioned only my First Name but I was supposed to provide my "Given name" as in passport. This mistake is there for my dependent applicant (My Husband) as well. I'm not technically allowed to make changed to this field now. I made a inquiry in IRCC web form asking to do a correction on 6th and 7th November for me and my husband. Also attached our passport copies (Tried calling them but couldn't get to a live agent to talk).

Do you think this will be a problem and result in refusal or delay in my application? All my other documents are ready and just wanting to clarify this name correction. If anyone can provide an insight, I really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.
Harshani

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
Hello,

I got ITA on 5th November. I'm under Provincial nomination program.
While continuing to complete my application I realized I had made a mistake in my "First name" field when creating the profile. I had mentioned only my First Name but I was supposed to provide my "Given name" as in passport. This mistake is there for my dependent applicant (My Husband) as well. I'm not technically allowed to make changed to this field now. I made a inquiry in IRCC web form asking to do a correction on 6th and 7th November for me and my husband. Also attached our passport copies (Tried calling them but couldn't get to a live agent to talk).

Do you think this will be a problem and result in refusal or delay in my application? All my other documents are ready and just wanting to clarify this name correction. If anyone can provide an insight, I really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.
Harshani
Sorry, not too clear - is your first name different, or you missed one of the names? I mean it can be explained as per me, not sure of other cases like this maybe worth searching the forum

harshanis91

Oct 27, 2020
Sorry, not too clear - is your first name different, or you missed one of the names? I mean it can be explained as per me, not sure of other cases like this maybe worth searching the forum
I missed two other names that should be filled in the same section of "First name" field (Also these 2 names are referred as middle names). Couldn't find help from online forums since there are not any cases similar to mine. (This is not a name change in any means. Just a mistake I made when creating initial profile)

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
I missed two other names that should be filled in the same section of "First name" field (Also these 2 names are referred as middle names). Couldn't find help from online forums since there are not any cases similar to mine. (This is not a name change in any means. Just a mistake I made when creating initial profile)
You can upload LOE alongside your application and explain the details, I believe it should be ok.

Your name, despite being important, has not material impact on score/draw chances, hence, mistakes should not lead to a refusal.

• Love
Reactions: harshanis91