Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
08-06-2016
Nikhil89 said:
Hello Friends would really appreciate your views on my below question.

I have received my Canadian Permanent Resident Visa and due for Landing in Dec’16, I did not apply through any PNP or through LMIA

Now, I have specified in the Express Entry initially that I intend to settle in Toronto hence my COPR mentions Toronto, now I have decided to settle in Montreal so can I legally do so after landing? or do I still need to get a CSQ ?

Thank You.
The problem is the federal system says explicitly that it is not to be used to settle in the province of Quebec. On the other hand once you land you legally become a permanent resident and have all the rights of a Canadian which includes free movement in Canada. The issue arises when you want to get your PR card and your medical card etc. To be safe I would stay in Ontario for a month or two before moving to Montreal. So rent an apartment and have your PR card mailed to your Ontario address etc. Then once you have these things established I would move to Quebec. At least if anything comes up later you have proof that you 'landed' and made a valid attempt to reside in Ontario, you'll have some receipts, a lease, maybe opened a bank account etc. and then because you got offered a job or whatever you moved to Montreal (part of Canada remember!) and started living there and paying taxes etc. I used the Federal system also although I live in Montreal. I am leaving to Ontario though. Technically I could just come back in a few months but that's not my intention. But I could do it legally for sure as long as I make a valid attempt to reside in Ontario.

balaskar

Jan 30, 2014
Im a silent member in this forum ,I got my PPR email today. I wish everyone to get their PPR request soon.

My timelines are given below:

Category - FSW inland
Visa office - NDVO
AOR - Jan 2016
Medical passed- Feb 2016
BG inprocess- 29SEP2016
PPR-30SEP 2016

Question : May i know how many days to get my Passport stamped,if i submit in ottawa office? I have an emergency situation,anytime i need to travel to back home.
Appreciate your quick response.

CECPR_2016

Star Member
Jan 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
07-MAR-2016
Passport Req..
9-SEPTEMBER-2016
LANDED..........
01-10-2016
Does anyone this group got PR card? Kindly reply, I got flag polled today and I need to go outside canada by November end and need to be here by December last week. Basically I need it would like know about pr card processing time. It showing 41 days as per CIC...

kalees25

Mar 6, 2016
HI
I GOT MY COPR ON FRIDAY MY MEDICAL EXPIRE DECEMBER 10 /2016,MY WIFE AND KID DID MEDICAL EXPIRE 06/2017.BUT MY WIFE AND KID IN INDIA ,I AM IN CANADA NOW .BUT WE GOT COPR LAST DATE OF MEDICAL EXPIRY I HEARD PRIMARY APPLICANT MEDICAL DATE FOR WHOLE FAMILY .OR EACH PERSON MEDICAL EXPIRY CONSIDER.
I LANDED TODAY ,ANY CHANCES TO GET VISA FOR MY WIFE AND KID TILL THAT DAY OF MEDICAL 06/2017.OTHERWISE HOW WILL GET PR CARD FAST AND THEN GO INDIA PICK MY FAMILY MY KID ONLY 3 MONTH OLD THAT REASON.
MY QUESTION COPR TILL THE DATE OF MEDICALS OF EACH PERSON OR ONLY PRIMARY APPLICANT CONSIDER.
THANKS

valsanail

Nov 17, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2016
Doc's Request.
No additional documents request since AOR
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Passport Req..
30-08-2016
LANDED..........
14-10-2016
Hi dear all. Going to land at in a week. I am planning to stay at a temporary place for the first 2 weeks so cannot provide a valid address for PR card. What do you guys do in this kind of situation? Ask them to mail it to a friend's address or better to give an address on a later stage, but in this case how much will it delay the process?

meryldc1988

Jul 7, 2016
HI GUYS,

IT'S BEEN 8 MONTHS I'M WAITING FOR PPR AND STILL NOTHING. JUST CALL THEM AND THEY JUST TOLD ME MY APPLICATION IS STILL OPEN AND THAT THE 6 MONTHS IS JUST AN INDICATION.
MY BRIDGING VISA EXPIRES IN 2 MONTHS AND I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO....

HELP!! SOS!!!

nov1061

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2012
meryldc1988 said:
HI GUYS,

IT'S BEEN 8 MONTHS I'M WAITING FOR PPR AND STILL NOTHING. JUST CALL THEM AND THEY JUST TOLD ME MY APPLICATION IS STILL OPEN AND THAT THE 6 MONTHS IS JUST AN INDICATION.
MY BRIDGING VISA EXPIRES IN 2 MONTHS AND I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO....

HELP!! SOS!!!
Hi,
so sorry to hear that. Apply for another BOWP now.

Svetlanka

Star Member
Jul 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Any news? Someone with PPR?

It was hard to find the theme...seems that this tread is almost dead.

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Svetlanka said:
Any news? Someone with PPR?

It was hard to find the theme...seems that this tread is almost dead.
Friends on our Jan 2016 WhatsApp group got their PPR on Oct. 6. They are Jan. 25 AOR.
Another got on September 20. Feb. 06 PPR.
So there's still PPRs trickling in.
Hang in there, PPR will come soon.

apache5021

Star Member
Apr 9, 2016
Visa Office......
Mississgua
App. Filed.......
04 Jun 2018
AOR Received.
18-07-2018
IELTS Request
N/A
Hot2Cold said:
Friends on our Jan 2016 WhatsApp group got their PPR on Oct. 6. They are Jan. 25 AOR.
Another got on September 20. Feb. 06 PPR.
So there's still PPRs trickling in.
Hang in there, PPR will come soon.
I am losing my grip now ....how long to hang in :eek:.The wait seems never ending and very frustrating

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
apache5021 said:
I am losing my grip now ....how long to hang in :eek:.The wait seems never ending and very frustrating
Have you called IRCC and asked them about the delay? What about GCMS Notes? Does that show anything?

apache5021

Star Member
Apr 9, 2016
Visa Office......
Mississgua
App. Filed.......
04 Jun 2018
AOR Received.
18-07-2018
IELTS Request
N/A
Hot2Cold said:
Have you called IRCC and asked them about the delay? What about GCMS Notes? Does that show anything?
though my file was transferred to NDVO in the beginning of july still I could manage to get the info from one of the CiC agent.
As per the agent my eligibility is passed and background check is ongoing since the month of july.

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
apache5021 said:
though my file was transferred to NDVO in the beginning of july still I could manage to get the info from one of the CiC agent.
As per the agent my eligibility is passed and background check is ongoing since the month of july.
How long ago was this? Keep calling them every 2 weeks to follow up. Hopefully the backlog is going to be less as there was no draw last week. BG Check is a bottleneck, and outsourced from what I understand, so that may not be entirely in their hands.

Best of luck, and keep your chin up. The reward will be worth the wait.

apache5021

Star Member
Apr 9, 2016
Visa Office......
Mississgua
App. Filed.......
04 Jun 2018
AOR Received.
18-07-2018
IELTS Request
N/A
Hot2Cold said:
How long ago was this? Keep calling them every 2 weeks to follow up. Hopefully the backlog is going to be less as there was no draw last week. BG Check is a bottleneck, and outsourced from what I understand, so that may not be entirely in their hands.

Best of luck, and keep your chin up. The reward will be worth the wait.
Amen ...thanx for the motivation :)