11-02-2016
Passport Req..
15-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-08-2016
LANDED..........
17-12-2016
tp_ee said:
Hi Guys, I need some help in understanding my GCMS notes. I got them yesterday (applied on 6th Aug).
My App Details:
AOR - 27th Jan, PNP Outland
Primary Office - New Delhi
FIle Transfer to New Delhi - 2016/04/27

In the GCMS notes, I can see the following in the assessments section:
Eligibility - Passed
Security - Not Started
Criminality - In Progress
Medical - Passed

Also, at the end of the notes, I can see several sections, where agent comments and other updates are added. They are named like NOTES: 1, NOTES: 2, etc.

The last note that I can see was created on 19th July.
NOTES: 16
Created Date: 2016/07/19
Label: Adm/Criminality
Text: RCMP screening was cancelled. RCMP response: No Reportable Trace

Before that there are several assessments which state that I seems to meet all other requirements.

Does that mean that they have not touched my file since 17th July? Also, what other checks are remaining (Security is still Not Started)? Not sure how long this wait will last.

Based on what you posted above, it looks like your RCMP PCC had some sort of problem/concern so RICC ordered a more thorough RCMP criminal screening - that's why your Crminality shows as in progress. But the latest notes is a good sign cuz it says cancelled with RCMP respond of NRT.

So overall I think your criminality will show as passed soon and your application will be in query for the next stage for review ->security check ->decision, witch will take another 2 months IMO

Can27

Star Member
Mar 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
26-02-2016
Med's Done....
28-02-2016
Passport Req..
19-09-2016
Friends - how many photographs are required with passports to ndvo?

tp_ee

Aug 20, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
27 Jan 2016
File Transfer...
27 Apr 2016
Passport Req..
13 Oct 2016
LANDED..........
23 Jan 2017
reayath said:
Based on what you posted above, it looks like your RCMP PCC had some sort of problem/concern so RICC ordered a more thorough RCMP criminal screening - that's why your Crminality shows as in progress. But the latest notes is a good sign cuz it says cancelled with RCMP respond of NRT.

So overall I think your criminality will show as passed soon and your application will be in query for the next stage for review ->security check ->decision, witch will take another 2 months IMO
Thanks for the feedback. Another 2 months :(, I am already reaching 7.5 months mark.

shahkunalm

Jan 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-2015
Nomination.....
18-12-2015
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
12-01-2016
Passport Req..
20-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-06-2016
valsanail said:
I have been not a silent member of this forum and I am more than happy to inform you guys that I have finally got my PPR!!! So excited, can't express my feelings right now. Wish all of you get this fantastic email very soon! 8) ;D
Congratulations!!

reayath

Star Member
May 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2015
Nomination.....
04-12-2015
AOR Received.
28-01-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
11-02-2016
Passport Req..
15-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-08-2016
LANDED..........
17-12-2016
tp_ee said:
Thanks for the feedback. Another 2 months :(, I am already reaching 7.5 months mark.
Yes unfortunately if RICC needs to verify or requesting additional info/doc, your application would be freezes until the issue is resolved. I was in your shoes before my app was freezes from late May to mid July. But the 2 mth I mentioned is the longest query IMO, if everything else was checked out and analyst was satisfied, you could get into security check in no time, from SC to PPR would be around 3 -4 weeks in my experience if you don't have a complicated travel history. But different VO has different processing time, my estimation is based on my VO at Ottawa

Good luck

noface

Jul 8, 2016
hi guys...after landing how long does it take to get the PR card? do you need to be in based in canada to receive it ? I need to be travelling for work and I was thinking if i can just apply for the PR card and then leave for work trip outside of canada?

Svetlanka

Star Member
Jul 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anyone with PPR?
Yesterday there was a real rain of PPRs in March group. I hope someone will share good news and here ::)

Rahul1990

Star Member
Jul 29, 2016
Visa Office......
New Delhi Visa office (NDVO)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
18 Jan
AOR 18 Jan... Still waiting

reayath

Star Member
May 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2015
Nomination.....
04-12-2015
AOR Received.
28-01-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
11-02-2016
Passport Req..
15-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-08-2016
LANDED..........
17-12-2016
noface said:
hi guys...after landing how long does it take to get the PR card? do you need to be in based in canada to receive it ? I need to be travelling for work and I was thinking if i can just apply for the PR card and then leave for work trip outside of canada?
You don't NEED to apply for PR card, it's done automatically by the officer when you are landing, this is why they ask for your Canadian residential address when filling out the CoPR so PR card can be mailed to you later on. There is another topic in this thread focusing on PR card processing time you can check it out. The problem is you can go for the business trip but you will need to apply PR travel document to be able to come back a crossing the border, which can only be applied outside of Canada and normally take 2 weeks to get it correct me if I'm wrong.

Cookiedough12

Star Member
Mar 9, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2016
Doc's Request.
08-06-2016
AOR Received.
18-01-2016
Med's Done....
24-01-2016
Passport Req..
17-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-01-2017
LANDED..........
30-01-2017
AOR 18 Jan still waiting........

dontelother

Oct 27, 2014
Earth!
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-2016
Nomination.....
Dec-2015
AOR Received.
Jan-2016
Med's Done....
Jan-2016
Svetlanka said:
Anyone with PPR?
Yesterday there was a real rain of PPRs in March group. I hope someone will share good news and here ::)
Jan 18, 2016, AOR and still waiting... My VO is SGVO... don't know when I will see any light of my application... :(

Mutenye

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
08-06-2016
Hi,

I hope everyone is doing ok here and not going crazy waiting... still. I was a January AOR and became a permanent resident yesterday. As most of you are outland this probably doesn't apply. But for any of you inlanders it might be helpful.

I just wanted to share my experience of 'landing' at the Ottawa CIC office on 200 Catherine Street. The second Tuesday of every month you can do a walk in without an appointment. I was waiting less than ten minutes and the process itself took about ten minutes as well. It's best to go first thing in the morning just a few minutes before 9 AM. I changed my address over the phone with CIC before attending the meeting as I was moving from Quebec to Ontario and needed to list my new Ontario address. EE is not to be used to immigrate to Quebec!

I was asked 3 simple questions:

Have I been arrested or convicted of a crime?
Have I any dependents not listed on my application?
Have I ever been refused entry to Canada?

I then signed the COPR document.

I was asked for my passport, my current visa papers, my COPR and photos. I had my whole case file with me in case there were any issues. My visa was then cancelled, my passport was stamped and signed, my photo added to a form sent to PR card processing and I was told that I could apply for my health card and new SIN number after 24 hours.

Then the very polite agent conferred residency status upon me and I left a Permanent Resident of Canada with the COPR document in my hand signed and official.

I highly recommend landing this way rather than flagpoling. It's a guaranteed more streamlined process as things can be amended and remedied in the office, whereas when entering the country you can't afford to have anything not in 100% order. I was also informed that it is in fact OK to use any office to do this within Canada. Although I understand that most offices need an appointment beforehand which can take a long time to confirm.

Thank you Canada and Ontario for allowing me live and work in your great country. Thank you Quebec for giving me my start. I look forward to many more happy years here! And I wish everyone still waiting, much patience and resilience.

reayath

Star Member
May 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2015
Nomination.....
04-12-2015
AOR Received.
28-01-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
11-02-2016
Passport Req..
15-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-08-2016
LANDED..........
17-12-2016
Mutenye said:
Hi,

I hope everyone is doing ok here and not going crazy waiting... still. I was a January AOR and became a permanent resident yesterday. As most of you are outland this probably doesn't apply. But for any of you inlanders it might be helpful.

I just wanted to share my experience of 'landing' at the Ottawa CIC office on 200 Catherine Street. The second Tuesday of every month you can do a walk in without an appointment. I was waiting less than ten minutes and the process itself took about ten minutes as well. It's best to go first thing in the morning just a few minutes before 9 AM. I changed my address over the phone with CIC before attending the meeting as I was moving from Quebec to Ontario and needed to list my new Ontario address. EE is not to be used to immigrate to Quebec!

I was asked 3 simple questions:

Have I been arrested or convicted of a crime?
Have I any dependents not listed on my application?
Have I ever been refused entry to Canada?

I then signed the COPR document.

I was asked for my passport, my current visa papers, my COPR and photos. I had my whole case file with me in case there were any issues. My visa was then cancelled, my passport was stamped and signed, my photo added to a form sent to PR card processing and I was told that I could apply for my health card and new SIN number after 24 hours.

Then the very polite agent conferred residency status upon me and I left a Permanent Resident of Canada with the COPR document in my hand signed and official.

I highly recommend landing this way rather than flagpoling. It's a guaranteed more streamlined process as things can be amended and remedied in the office, whereas when entering the country you can't afford to have anything not in 100% order. I was also informed that it is in fact OK to use any office to do this within Canada. Although I understand that most offices need an appointment beforehand which can take a long time to confirm.

Thank you Canada and Ontario for allowing me live and work in your great country. Thank you Quebec for giving me my start. I look forward to many more happy years here! And I wish everyone still waiting, much patience and resilience.
Hi there, first congratulations!

I was one of Jan AOR as well & I'm planning to finish landing at Toronto airport after returning from my trip. Just read your post & you mentioned the officer also asked for photos, is there a particular reason why you was asked for it? I'm asking because I was planning to submit 2 photos along with my CoPR for landing process since it's not mentioned on the letter. But after reading your post I'm thinking about taking the photos before the trip and bring them with me just in case.

Thank you

dontelother

Oct 27, 2014
Earth!
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-2016
Nomination.....
Dec-2015
AOR Received.
Jan-2016
Med's Done....
Jan-2016
If your VO is Singapore! then please read the link and sign the petition if you agree...

https://www.change.org/p/citizenship-and-faster-canadian-immigration-processing-by-singapore-visa-office

Mutenye

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
08-06-2016
reayath said:
Hi there, first congratulations!

I was one of Jan AOR as well & I'm planning to finish landing at Toronto airport after returning from my trip. Just read your post & you mentioned the officer also asked for photos, is there a particular reason why you was asked for it? I'm asking because I was planning to submit 2 photos along with my CoPR for landing process since it's not mentioned on the letter. But after reading your post I'm thinking about taking the photos before the trip and bring them with me just in case.

Thank you
Hi, Mine was not a particular case. I called CIC before the appointment and they told me to bring 2 photographs with me. Also before the officer started processing my file he asked if I had 2 photographs. He took only 1... I also saw a person at the same office returning with two photographs as he had turned up without any. I'm unsure if the landing at a port of entry is the same or not but I have heard of people being taken/asked to get a new photo. Some offices seem to have this ability and apparently they do it at Montreal International airport also. So to answer your question I would bring them with you just in case.