24-01-2016
Passport Req..
17-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-01-2017
LANDED..........
30-01-2017
It looks like we all have the same officer reviewing our files
and he is on vacation as there's no other explanation for this ridiculous long waiting

ybjianada

Sep 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
Med's Done....
Passed on 24-01-2016
Passport Req..
06-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2016
Today is 7 months since my AOR. On myCIC, background check remains "Not Started" (it has been this status since Day 1). My visa office is Singapore.

I also just received my GCMS file (generated on Jul 27) that I ordered one month ago. It is EXACTLY the same as my first GCMS file (generated on Jun 2).

The last updated activity in GCMS is still Feb 2, when it was transferred to the much beloved (sarcasm) SGVO. The only addition it contains is recording the fact that I requested GCMS for Jun 2.

After I crossed 6 months, I sent a CSE to CIC, and the response (about 2 weeks later) was that my application is in process and that the 6 months is just an approximation, and that there is no maximum timeframe for processing ...

T's great, just great!!!!

dontelother

Oct 27, 2014
Earth!
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-2016
Nomination.....
Dec-2015
AOR Received.
Jan-2016
Med's Done....
Jan-2016
ybjianada said:
Today is 7 months since my AOR. On myCIC, background check remains "Not Started" (it has been this status since Day 1). My visa office is Singapore.

I also just received my GCMS file (generated on Jul 27) that I ordered one month ago. It is EXACTLY the same as my first GCMS file (generated on Jun 2).

The last updated activity in GCMS is still Feb 2, when it was transferred to the much beloved (sarcasm) SGVO. The only addition it contains is recording the fact that I requested GCMS for Jun 2.

After I crossed 6 months, I sent a CSE to CIC, and the response (about 2 weeks later) was that my application is in process and that the 6 months is just an approximation, and that there is no maximum timeframe for processing ...

I did req GCMS few months back and just said transferred in Mar 2016. After that no movement. Thinking to submitting another GCMS or not. Our precious SGVO... :( Already crossed 7 months...

Seems they are busy with FSW 2014 files!!!

sunshinejan

Jul 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys has anyone had an out of country travel after AOR and before PPR?
Do you think traveling during this wait time and sending updated travel history after can slow down the process even more??

My app is in security check process now.

Rahul1990

Star Member
Jul 29, 2016
Visa Office......
New Delhi Visa office (NDVO)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
18 Jan
My only concern is that my medical expires in December end .. if NDVO doesn't provide an answer by then... do i have to redo the medical?? coz that will just stretch the process..(its been 7 months since AOR)

Does anyone know whats the maximum timeline recorded from NDVO..??

vks123

Star Member
Jun 18, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rahul1990 said:
My only concern is that my medical expires in December end .. if NDVO doesn't provide an answer by then... do i have to redo the medical?? coz that will just stretch the process..(its been 7 months since AOR)

Does anyone know whats the maximum timeline recorded from NDVO..??
I am also on the same boat, medical will expire in DEC.
As far as I know, after ppr, 6 months of passport validity or medical expiry whichever comes first, landing has to be done prior to that.

Not to press the panic button but there are some cases waiting for 8-10 months also..But I feel your case should be cleared once NDVO comes back in action..Entire feb has entered in 7th month count & on.... :eek:

valsanail

Nov 17, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2016
Doc's Request.
No additional documents request since AOR
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Passport Req..
30-08-2016
LANDED..........
14-10-2016
vks123 said:
I am also on the same boat, medical will expire in DEC.
As far as I know, after ppr, 6 months of passport validity or medical expiry whichever comes first, landing has to be done prior to that.

Not to press the panic button but there are some cases waiting for 8-10 months also..But I feel your case should be cleared once NDVO comes back in action..Entire feb has entered in 7th month count & on.... :eek:
People claim that CIC gives an extension for medicals on case to case basis so that some applicants particularly whose medicals were perfect don't have to redo. Though I'm not sure whether they do it without request.

ybjianada

Sep 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
Med's Done....
Passed on 24-01-2016
Passport Req..
06-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2016
We are in the same boat. I read somewhere that ordering GCMS file might help your application move along. Apparently this is not applicable to SGVO. There has been no change whatsoever! From my 2 GCMS files, SGVO has done nothing on my application since it was transferred to them early Feb. It's just amazing. They seriously need a kick up their behind!!!

dontelother said:
I did req GCMS few months back and just said transferred in Mar 2016. After that no movement. Thinking to submitting another GCMS or not. Our precious SGVO... :( Already crossed 7 months...

Seems they are busy with FSW 2014 files!!!

HANSRA

Jan 15, 2016
Hello friends
I got my Passport and CoPR back in 7 days. Wish you good luck everyone.
My question is now- I have applied for Australian citizenship(Originally from India, currently living in Australia). My plan is to travel first time to Canada after getting Australian passport.
(1) Will it effect negative on Canada PR?
(2) Can I endorse my Canada PP on Australian passport once I get it (Hope soon) cos I cant travel on Indian passport after becoming citizen of Australian?
(3) Will they issue another CoPR on the basis of Australian Passport?

OR I must need to travel one time on Indian passport which I have used to get PP from Canada or I can update to Australian passport with no problem?

Please advice friends. Need your help. Thank you

vatsamit1

Nov 9, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Provided
Nomination.....
03-12-2015
AOR Received.
10-02-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
03-05-2016
Med's Done....
Passed
Interview........
Not needed at this time
Passport Req..
26-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Awaited...
ybjianada said:

It seems we have tough competition between NDVO and SGVO. Both r competing which one is more slower.
I wish this could have been vice versa. Waiting seriously kills.
I hope this wait would bring good news to all of us.
Regards,
Amit

ybjianada

Sep 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
Med's Done....
Passed on 24-01-2016
Passport Req..
06-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2016
A race to the bottom between NDVO and SGVO ...
My only hope is that, if the speculations turn out to be true, come September, they might pick up speed, due to the clearance of student visas and 2014 backlogged cases.

vatsamit1 said:
It seems we have tough competition between NDVO and SGVO. Both r competing which one is more slower.
Regards,
Amit

Rahul1990

Star Member
Jul 29, 2016
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
18 Jan
1. Raised a CSE today directly to New Delhi Office

2. Ordered GCMS Notes

3. Sent an Email to Delhi Immigration for an Update.

Lets see now maybe this will direct some attention to my profile......

coolhyd

Jun 1, 2012
Hey Rahul, there is an influx of student visa applications at NDVO. Many students are still waiting for the response. Wait untill the 2nd week of September. You will hear back soon.

Svetlanka

Star Member
Jul 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vatsamit1 said:
Regards,
Amit
Please don't miss the Bucarest VO. It serves 3 countries and you can imagine what is going on there :mad:
So the competition for the most fu'in office is quite contested :)

Rahul1990

Star Member
Jul 29, 2016
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
18 Jan
That actually makes a lot of sense .. thanks coolhyd

coolhyd said:
Hey Rahul, there is an influx of student visa applications at NDVO. Many students are still waiting for the response. Wait untill the 2nd week of September. You will hear back soon.