+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR JAN 2016 - let's get together

Bello.O

Jul 12, 2016
Finally I got my passport request TODAYYYY.
I've been a silent member for many months and I think it's only fair that I come out of the shadows to share this.
it's been a long time coming and I'm incredibly happy that this seeming elusive day HAS COME.

My anxiety was getting the better of me as the whole process dragged on and my almost "one month" of BG in progress turned my initial relief into a more agonizing wait. now it is all OVER! thank God for the peace of mind I now have.

To all the other folks still waiting, its gonna be your turn, trust me. With the now suspended Canada post lock-out, I'm sure things will move fast and Feb folks will be the next to start celebrating. I've benefitted immensely from this forum and I wish you all the very best. I'll share the rest of my PP submission and landing process here.

Just a little advice based on what I've gained here - After about 2 months of AOR, you need to request for your GCMS notes so you know how the progress of your application. if your A11.2 (eligibility) is met, then just know you'll be fine because your ref letter were considered OK. but if you see anything looking funny in your GCMS notes, then you have to raise a CSE immediately to erase their doubts. You don't want IRCC to shatter you with a refusal letter.
Once your BG changes back to In Progress, then PPR is inevitable.

My timeline:

CEC Inland
AOR: Jan 22, 2016
Med Passed: Jan 29, 2016
BG not needed: Feb 12, 2016
CIO to CPC Ottawa transfer: Feb 13, 2016
BG back to In-Progress: June 16
PPR!!!! July 12

ravikgunturi

Jun 3, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2016
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
06-01-2016
Med's Done....
Passed
Passport Req..
12-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
22-07-2016
LANDED..........
25-07-2016
Bello.O said:
Finally I got my passport request TODAYYYY.
I've been a silent member for many months and I think it's only fair that I come out of the shadows to share this.
it's been a long time coming and I'm incredibly happy that this seeming elusive day HAS COME.

My anxiety was getting the better of me as the whole process dragged on and my almost "one month" of BG in progress turned my initial relief into a more agonizing wait. now it is all OVER! thank God for the peace of mind I now have.

To all the other folks still waiting, its gonna be your turn, trust me. With the now suspended Canada post lock-out, I'm sure things will move fast and Feb folks will be the next to start celebrating. I've benefitted immensely from this forum and I wish you all the very best. I'll share the rest of my PP submission and landing process here.

Just a little advice based on what I've gained here - After about 2 months of AOR, you need to request for your GCMS notes so you know how the progress of your application. if your A11.2 (eligibility) is met, then just know you'll be fine because your ref letter were considered OK. but if you see anything looking funny in your GCMS notes, then you have to raise a CSE immediately to erase their doubts. You don't want IRCC to shatter you with a refusal letter.
Once your BG changes back to In Progress, then PPR is inevitable.
Congratulations :)

Lua

Jun 28, 2016
rajibsam said:
So moral of the story: if you are waiting for PPR and in the past you have rep for some other application, then its better to check with rep (everyone may not be proactive in forwarding PPR email).
This isn't good news for people who parted ways with their legal counsel based on incompetence.

But congrats to you!!

And everyone else of course! I hope you all sleep well tonight. :)

EDIT: Has anyone's status or EE profile changed since you all received the emails?

mostmag

Feb 23, 2016
Lua said:
This isn't good news for people who parted ways with their legal counsel based on incompetence.

But congrats to you!!

EDIT: Has anyone's status or EE profile changed since you all received the emails?
No, status on my CIC still the same

goldon

Star Member
Apr 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys, Just got PPR this morning! I will share my story in detail later when I have time. :D

Here is my time line. I am FSW inland, no LMIA.

Jan 13, 2016 ITA
Jan 24, 2016 AOR
Feb 03, 2016 Required for additional documents (CELPIP result)
Feb 04, 2016 Ghost Email
Feb 05, 2016 Medical Passed, BG in progress
Feb 12, 2016 BG from 'in progress' to 'Not needed'
July 06, 2016 BG 'in progress'
July 12, 2016 PPR

GKZ1

Nov 14, 2015
Lua said:

But congrats to you!!

No, still the same on MyCIC (BG - In Progress, Final Decision - Not Started)

Lua

Jun 28, 2016
GKZ1 said:
No, still the same on MyCIC (BG - In Progress, Final Decision - Not Started)
So if the email was in fact sent to a representative and he/she does not forward the email we might be screwed?

imehdee

May 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa (Outland)
NOC Code......
2175 & 1224
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
Passed
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
Not Received. BG in Progress.
Congrats to all who received PPRs recently. Just out of curiosity, at what stage did you pay your RPRF? Upfront? After receiving the RPRF request? On your own when, let's say your BG Status changed to, In Progress?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/inFORMation/fees/result.asp?countrySelect=CA&lob=eepr

Tusharbakaya

Aug 15, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-01-2016
Med's Done....
16-01-2016
Any members from Jan AOR left whose bg is still not in progress?Tried calling ircc but couldn't get through to an agent. :'(

freewillsky

Jun 15, 2015
imehdee said:
Quick questions:

1) I just called IRCC and the agent said that everything seems fine except that I have not paid my RPRF despite a message being sent to my representative on the 27th of June. Now, I understand that my lawyer has slacked off and I'm dealing with that, do you think this non-payment of RPRF will delay my application? From the 27th of June until today, I have lost 16 days already.

2) I asked my representative to send a screenshot of his MyCIC account so I could see what's happening with my application and to my surprise, the Background Check had changed to, "In Progress". When I asked when this happened, the lawyer said, "No Idea". Is there a way to check (in MyCIC) when your background status changed? I am assuming they'd send an email?

Let me know what you all think.
I wonder how you guys are able to ask for details from CIC agent, My case just came across six months line so I called CIC: Two different agent, one said she can't see more details than I can; and the other only ask me to wait until end of Augest! Now I am really depressed.

nshakelly

Nov 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
freewillsky said:
I wonder how you guys are able to ask for details from CIC agent, My case just came across six months line so I called CIC: Two different agent, one said she can't see more details than I can; and the other only ask me to wait until end of Augest! Now I am really depressed.
Based on the responses from multiple applicants on the forum. It can be concluded that its purely based on the AGENT who has taken your call.

Very very few agents are very helpful, with majority of them DO NOT reveal any kind of information or give very vague replies.

aaro27

Star Member
Feb 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
29/01/2016
Jan 29 AOR
PPR today!
no change in CIC account though

tonero

Star Member
Oct 30, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2016
AOR Received.
11-01-2016
IELTS Request
22-01-2016
File Transfer...
22-01-2016
Med's Request
28-01-2016
Med's Done....
28-01-2016
Passport Req..
20-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2016
LANDED..........
18-07-2016
BG Check Finished and my application was finalized today based on my CIC account. How long do i have to wait for my passport? because i noticed they havent posted it back from ottawa yet. I cant wait for this all process to be over with.

pratik3687

Star Member
Aug 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
cpc -ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2016
Doc's Request.
17-06-2016
AOR Received.
22-01-2016
Passport Req..
12-07-2016
LANDED..........
28-07-2016
how long does VFS india usually takes to return passport? anyone ?