nshakelly

Nov 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dbrompe said:
I got an email requesting me to go to an IRCC office in Canada (I'm CEC inland) and provide my passports, two photos.

Here's the email:

Dear client

I am pleased to advise you that the processing of your application for permanent residence will be finalized at an interview that has been scheduled for:

Date and place

In order to grant permanent residence, all applicants must provide satisfactory original identity documents at this interview.

You must attend the interview with the following:

1. All of your non-Canadian dependants in Canada included in this application

2. Current valid original passports (some exceptions may apply to Convention Refugees)

3. Proof that you and any of your adult dependants have each paid the $490 Right of Permanent Residence Fee (This fee is not required for minors or Convention Refugees)

NOTE: If you have not yet paid this fee, you must do so on-line at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp

You must make this payment prior to your interview and bring the original receipt with you or this appointment may be re-scheduled.

4. Your own interpreter, if required

5. Your sponsor if you are being landed under the In-Canada Spousal/Family Class

6. Two (2) identical photos for each applicant on this application taken within the last 6 months (For photo specifications, please visit: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf)

7. All documents and permits previously issued or mailed to you by IRCC

Important:

Failure to appear for this interview may be interpreted as evidence that you are no longer seeking permanent residence in Canada and your file may be closed. Please reply to this e-mail and advise if you will be unable to attend this appointment.

Thank you,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada | Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada

----
What does that mean? Maybe they change the protocol because the Canada Post strike?
This is not due to Canada Post strike.

They would like to interview you and your dependents to finalize your application. Ensure to carry all the original document, which have been submitted for your EE application.

Additionally, carry the recent funds letter from the bank. As they may ask for a recent evidence.

All the best.

ravikgunturi

Jun 3, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2016
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
06-01-2016
Med's Done....
Passed
Passport Req..
12-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
22-07-2016
LANDED..........
25-07-2016
dbrompe said:
I got an email requesting me to go to an IRCC office in Canada (I'm CEC inland) and provide my passports, two photos.

Here's the email:

Dear client

I am pleased to advise you that the processing of your application for permanent residence will be finalized at an interview that has been scheduled for:

Date and place

In order to grant permanent residence, all applicants must provide satisfactory original identity documents at this interview.

You must attend the interview with the following:

1. All of your non-Canadian dependants in Canada included in this application

2. Current valid original passports (some exceptions may apply to Convention Refugees)

3. Proof that you and any of your adult dependants have each paid the $490 Right of Permanent Residence Fee (This fee is not required for minors or Convention Refugees)

NOTE: If you have not yet paid this fee, you must do so on-line at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp

You must make this payment prior to your interview and bring the original receipt with you or this appointment may be re-scheduled.

4. Your own interpreter, if required

5. Your sponsor if you are being landed under the In-Canada Spousal/Family Class

6. Two (2) identical photos for each applicant on this application taken within the last 6 months (For photo specifications, please visit: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf)

7. All documents and permits previously issued or mailed to you by IRCC

Important:

Failure to appear for this interview may be interpreted as evidence that you are no longer seeking permanent residence in Canada and your file may be closed. Please reply to this e-mail and advise if you will be unable to attend this appointment.

Thank you,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada | Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada

----
What does that mean? Maybe they change the protocol because the Canada Post strike?
In specific cases, they schedule interviews. It has nothing to do with Canada Post. All the best and congratulations.

Lua

Jun 28, 2016
Heya... not to be a pain but can we all agree that when you quote someone's post (if it's extremely long) we shorten it so as to make the thread more readable?

Something like this:

dbrompe said:

dbrompe

Dec 18, 2015
nshakelly said:

They would like to interview you and your dependents to finalize your application. Ensure to carry all the original document, which have been submitted for your EE application.

Additionally, carry the recent funds letter from the bank. As they may ask for a recent evidence.

All the best.
Yes, I'll have all my paperwork prepared for that. Hope this is the final step.

Thanks!

Vinod597

Jun 8, 2016
hey nmtek can you please help me out with mycic account. mycic account has been locked. i hope you would find a solution.. please help me out iam hopless

coolhyd

Jun 1, 2012
Vinod597 said:
hey nmtek can you please help me out with mycic account. mycic account has been locked. i hope you would find a solution.. please help me out iam hopless
Try to call CIC call centre and ask for advise. I know you can always create a new CIC account and link your PR application.

So don't worry.

manidhatt

Champion Member
May 30, 2013
Ontario
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 03
Doc's Request.
Feb 26 - Submitted March 03
AOR Received.
Feb 03
Med's Done....
Feb 12
Passport Req..
Aug 03
Vinod597 said:
Do you have any application in progress from that account?

Reactions: Adanac11

howcoldisit

Dec 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does anyone have a sense of how long it typically takes to go from background check In progress to PPR? I saw mine move to in progress last Thursday (June 30).

ravikgunturi

Jun 3, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2016
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
06-01-2016
Med's Done....
Passed
Passport Req..
12-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
22-07-2016
LANDED..........
25-07-2016
howcoldisit said:
Does anyone have a sense of how long it typically takes to go from background check In progress to PPR? I saw mine move to in progress last Thursday (June 30).
There is no standard. Mine changed to in progress 4 months ago. So, keep your fingers crossed. It may come anytime. If you are close to completing 6 months, call the call center and get status.

Mermaid May

Feb 1, 2016
Hi,

How long does it take to process COPR? I'm a outland applicant and from visa exempt country. My documents for COPR already delivered to VO HK over 2 weeks but nothing change on my EE file, still shows open not closed. Is it normal? Please share your opinion. Thank you.

Realben

Nov 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2016
Doc's Request.
25-04-2016 (sch. A provided 29-04)
AOR Received.
15-03-2016
Med's Done....
30-03-2016 (passed)
Passport Req..
13-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Visa exempt
nshakelly said:

All the best.
He's CEC Inland, proof of funds should be irrelevant...