Pre-Assessed..
ankanafanka said:
Hey All,

FSW - Inland

Submission: January 22nd, 2016
AOR: January 23rd, 2016

No eCAS access at this time.
21 days and counting....:)
There is no ECAS for Express Entry anymore - you can only go off the updates on your myCIC account.

aaro27

Star Member
Feb 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
29/01/2016
Hi all,

I got ITA on Dec 04, 2015... Submitted my file on Jan29, 2016 and got AOR on the same day...

Out of curiosity, i logged into the job bank seeker site, only to notice that they ask for revalidation... i entered by express entry profile number and validation code but for some reason it keeps saying that either of them is invalid..i tried doing this few times over a week but the same message keeps popping up..

it says that my account is active but doesnt let me navigate through the website!

Has anyone faced this problem?

varun22

May 26, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
AOR Received.
28-01-2016<br>Medicals Passed - 29-01-2016 <br>Ghost Mail - 31-01-2016
Passport Req..
22-06-2016
Hi Guys,

Looks like on Feb 11 CIC has recentry updated the mandatory documents requirement and now they require PCC from other countries if a person has stayed 6 months or more in Total (Earlier it was 6 months in a row).

This is applied to all applications received on or after Jan 1, 2016.

This is ridiculous as they have updated on Feb 11 and applicants who have already submitted their applications are under risk of rejections.

Anyone with similar situation?

Svetlanka

Star Member
Jul 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Background check changed from Not started to Not needed at this time.

It seems that Friday is the favorite workday for my officer ;D ;D ;D

vdassani

Star Member
Nov 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Svetlanka said:
Background check changed from Not started to Not needed at this time.

It seems that Friday is the favorite workday for my officer ;D ;D ;D
Hey, did you get any email notification for this change or just checked when you logged in?

damien86

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
varun22 said:
This is applied to all applications received on or after Jan 1, 2016.
Is this really true? That is very ridiculous and frustrating if it is. No one who made an application in January was aware of this.

minamina108

Star Member
Sep 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
damien86 said:
Is this really true? That is very ridiculous and frustrating if it is. No one who made an application in January was aware of this.
yes, check the link below

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

damien86

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
minamina108 said:
yes, check the link below

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp
but can they really change the rules with retroactive effect? :(

Svetlanka

Star Member
Jul 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vdassani said:
Hey, did you get any email notification for this change or just checked when you logged in?
No, just checked. Previous time when my medicals status was changed to passed, I received an email ~24 hours later. I guess it is the same thing now.

damien86, unfortunately, they can do everything they want to. Their game, their rules...

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
damien86 said:
but can they really change the rules with retroactive effect? :(
That is a generic document checklist page which is periodically updated. It used to say Jan 1, 2015 earlier. I don't imagine IRCC applies rules retrospectively. Even if they do that for some reason, they will certainly not penalize anyone who submitted an application when the rule was not in place - at worst, they will send an additional document request to such applicants and provide reasonable time extension as well.

Svetlanka

Star Member
Jul 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Actually, I didn't see anywhere that it will affect already submitted applications. If you read carefully it is written that police certificates must be provided upfront, so I guess that Asivad Anac is absolutely right and the form is just updated, without affecting us.

damien86

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
Svetlanka said:
Actually, I didn't see anywhere that it will affect already submitted applications. If you read carefully it is written that police certificates must be provided upfront, so I guess that Asivad Anac is absolutely right and the form is just updated, without affecting us.
Well, if you check this link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

it says "Applications received on or after January 1, 2016"

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
damien86 said:
Well, if you check this link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

it says "Applications received on or after January 1, 2016"
Yes. And the same page used to read 'January 1, 2015' till last year. Doesn't imply retrospective application of the updated rule.

minamina108

Star Member
Sep 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys, do you know how they calculate the 6 months?

For example I stayed in Algeria in total 5 months and 20 days. Do they consider the partial month is a month?

vdassani

Star Member
Nov 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
minamina108 said:
Guys, do you know how they calculate the 6 months?

For example I stayed in Algeria in total 5 months and 20 days. Do they consider the partial month is a month?
6 months is calculated as 183 days globally.