01-11-16
Passport Req..
04-04-17
VISA ISSUED...
06-04-17
LANDED..........
25-04-17
Matt-NL said:
Only thing I know is that in 2 weeks my 6 months will be over. I hope I can get PPR before 6 months are over!
???
I really hope you get something before you hit the 6 month mark! I'm just about to hit the 5 month mark, but it feels like I'm nearing 2 years since I started this process!

krishere1982

Mar 2, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
s2l said:
I really hope you get something before you hit the 6 month mark! I'm just about to hit the 5 month mark, but it feels like I'm nearing 2 years since I started this process!
I just made the 5th month mark yesterday. Every day moves so slow with this stress that time is moving very slow!
The past 2 months seem like 2 years for sure for me too.

s2l

Star Member
Sep 11, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-16
Nomination.....
07-10-16
AOR Received.
01-11-16
Passport Req..
04-04-17
VISA ISSUED...
06-04-17
LANDED..........
25-04-17
krishere1982 said:
I just made the 5th month mark yesterday. Every day moves so slow with this stress that time is moving very slow!
The past 2 months seem like 2 years for sure for me too.
I'm just concerned now about my Permit expiring. If nothing happens in for me in the next 2 weeks, then I'll just submit a Bridge. It's so unfortunate, I had thought this time around I would skip a renewal because I had to apply for my PGWP twice since my Passport expired in between! :(

krishere1982

Mar 2, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
s2l said:
I'm just concerned now about my Permit expiring. If nothing happens in for me in the next 2 weeks, then I'll just submit a Bridge. It's so unfortunate, I had thought this time around I would skip a renewal because I had to apply for my PGWP twice since my Passport expired in between! :(
One of the guys I know here too is contemplating between renewing his H-1 visa or not becoz he doesn't think his PR wud not be approved by the time his visa expires in June.

s2l

Star Member
Sep 11, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-16
Nomination.....
07-10-16
AOR Received.
01-11-16
Passport Req..
04-04-17
VISA ISSUED...
06-04-17
LANDED..........
25-04-17
krishere1982 said:
One of the guys I know here too is contemplating between renewing his H-1 visa or not becoz he doesn't think his PR wud not be approved by the time his visa expires in June.
Yeah me too! Mine expires first week of June, and right now it takes about under 2 months to process online. By the end of April I'd have waited 6 months for PR. Going by the trend for PNP Inlands atm, it can easily take longer than the supposed 6 months. I'm not sure if it would be too risky to not apply and wait. Implied status is only for 1 month past permit expiry. I guess $255 is nothing compared the the already $2590 we have spent applying for PNP and then PR... Anyway!

zxymark

Mar 6, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Matt-NL said:
I hope so, buddy.
By the way, why don't you provide your timeline?
This would be extremely useful for other people. Can you do it?
Best wishes.
hi buddy, just updated my profile. Just opened account recently.

Matt-NL

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-10-2016
Passport Req..
26 October 2017
VISA ISSUED...
21 November 2017
LANDED..........
Landed as a PR 13 December 2017 (In Canada since 2015)
zxymark said:
hi buddy, just updated my profile. Just opened account recently.
Thank you very much, buddy.
By the way, there is a PNP Inland entry where you can get / provide info, too.
Hope you get ppr very soon.

krishere1982

Mar 2, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
s2l said:
Yeah me too! Mine expires first week of June, and right now it takes about under 2 months to process online. By the end of April I'd have waited 6 months for PR. Going by the trend for PNP Inlands atm, it can easily take longer than the supposed 6 months. I'm not sure if it would be too risky to not apply and wait. Implied status is only for 1 month past permit expiry. I guess $255 is nothing compared the the already $2590 we have spent applying for PNP and then PR... Anyway!
Yeah if it was me, I would be on the safer side and not let my work permit lapse.

Canada_123

Star Member
Mar 16, 2017
Hello guys, my work permit expires by the end of June. My aor is 31 oct. what will be the ideal time for me to apply for bridge extension? also how long does it take for it to approve?

s2l

Star Member
Sep 11, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-16
Nomination.....
07-10-16
AOR Received.
01-11-16
Passport Req..
04-04-17
VISA ISSUED...
06-04-17
LANDED..........
25-04-17
Canada_123 said:
Hello guys, my work permit expires by the end of June. My aor is 31 oct. what will be the ideal time for me to apply for bridge extension? also how long does it take for it to approve?
Hey, so I also have the same AOR pretty much. Mine expires in the first week of June, and so I am giving myself until the 14th of April to apply. If I don't hear from CIC by then, that's the day I'll submit mine. Currently, it takes about 36 days, but from what I have seen, it can easily take 2 months to process. Implied status is valid for only one month after the expiry of your permit. So that would mean you have until the end of July to get a Bridge if you don't receive your PR by then. I hope this helps.

Canada_123

Star Member
Mar 16, 2017
s2l said:
Hey, so I also have the same AOR pretty much. Mine expires in the first week of June, and so I am giving myself until the 14th of April to apply. If I don't hear from CIC by then, that's the day I'll submit mine. Currently, it takes about 36 days, but from what I have seen, it can easily take 2 months to process. Implied status is valid for only one month after the expiry of your permit. So that would mean you have until the end of July to get a Bridge if you don't receive your PR by then. I hope this helps.
Hey bud thanks for reply I appreciate.
So let me understand this. To be specific, my pgwp expires on June 24. Maybe I should be applying on April 20? Or should I wait till April 30 because that's when I'll reach my 6 months. I'm really confused. What's implied status and restoration period?
Hopefully none of us have to go through all that and we get our pprs very soon.

zandmatz

Jan 2, 2016
Hi all, If once one gets PPR, and sends passport via courier. What comes after that? What is an approximate timeline before landing in Canada.

nonnemacher

Aug 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canada_123 said:
Hey bud thanks for reply I appreciate.
So let me understand this. To be specific, my pgwp expires on June 24. Maybe I should be applying on April 20? Or should I wait till April 30 because that's when I'll reach my 6 months. I'm really confused. What's implied status and restoration period?
Hopefully none of us have to go through all that and we get our pprs very soon.
I would recommend to apply to BOWP as soon as you can (less than 4 months before your WP expires)
My BOWP application had a direct impact on my PR application. They have to check your permanent residence application to either put your BOWP process on hold or approve it or give you the PR straightaway

Check my timeline and you'll see a correlation between my BOWP approval and additional document request for PR

canand

Jun 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC -Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 9 2016
Doc's Request.
Nov 2, Jan 20, Jan 26
AOR Received.
Oct 9 2016
Does anyone have an idea on how long the processing takes after the PPR request? and also what are the next steps? It's either send your passport or go to the border right? Not one after the other I hope.

Matt-NL

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-10-2016
Passport Req..
26 October 2017
VISA ISSUED...
21 November 2017
LANDED..........
Landed as a PR 13 December 2017 (In Canada since 2015)
After PPR you send your passport and pictures to CIC. They send you your passport with the affixed PR visa and COPR. You can either use a US/Canada border to re-enter Canada where you officially make your landing or you can make an appointment with a domestic official port of landing and make the same procedure over there. After you receive your passports you are done. Only this bureaucratic landing procedure has to be done as well. But it is only procedural. After you get your COPR you have no more stress buddy. Hope this helps. There ate much detailed and technical descriptions of the landing procedures. This is just a brief summary. Best wishes and good luck. ;)