26-02-2016
Passport Req..
23-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-09-2016
LANDED..........
11-01-2017
T365 said:
Congratulations to all who got PPR! God is Good all the time!! We just have to be patient and know His Will.

My AOR is February 12 and I'm going to pass the 90-day mark by the end of this week. I'm going to request GMCS notes to check the status of my application. The uncertainty is really making me anxious, as a lot is at stake....

My question is, which is the best agency to provide it? I'm FSW-OINP Outlander. Here are the sites that I know of:
http://gcmsnow.com/
https://gcmsnotes.ca/
http://www.visafile.info/

Thank you very much to those who will respond. I would appreciate it!
hi, I could not compare the 3 since I only requested gcms notes through gcmsnotes.ca it's fine I guess. however, the turnaround time for them is 30-35 days. in my case, I got the notes on the 35th day which is quite a long wait. if you have family or friends in Canada, you can request directly through cic. I know someone who got theirs in just 15 days.

RKCK

Nov 2, 2015
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
07-11-2015
Doc's Request.
19-02-2015 Travel History
AOR Received.
01-02-2016
Med's Done....
18-12-2015
berabad said:
hi, I could not compare the 3 since I only requested gcms notes through gcmsnotes.ca it's fine I guess. however, the turnaround time for them is 30-35 days. in my case, I got the notes on the 35th day which is quite a long wait. if you have family or friends in Canada, you can request directly through cic. I know someone who got theirs in just 15 days.
Is your file at SG or in Canada? What does your GCMS notes say?

berabad

Jan 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-02-2016
AOR Received.
23-02-2016
File Transfer...
23-02-2016
Med's Done....
26-02-2016
Passport Req..
23-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-09-2016
LANDED..........
11-01-2017
RKCK said:
Is your file at SG or in Canada? What does your GCMS notes say?
initially I thought my file will be assigned to SG since there is no VO in Malaysia, and most of the updates or ghost email are during SG business time. i was surprised that Ottawa handles our application as per gcms notes. being assigned to local VO is faster than the main office they say. we are nearing our 90 days and we are planning to get another gcms notes to check the updates. the due date in our file is April 30, no movement since. did you get gcms notes?

cocomo

Aug 30, 2015
niccigee said:
Congratulations you must be sooo happy and relieved!!!!! sounds like it all moved quickly after your RFPR i hope that happens for me.

I got my RFPR today, where and how do i pay this and how much is it?

Nicci
Hi Nicci

thankx. I paid RPRF upfront when I submitted my application so they did not ask me later.
But I think you have to go to documents section and from there you will be able to pay it.

cocomo

Aug 30, 2015
saravsingh1 said:
Congrats!! Which Visa office?
I think its London
Don't know how to find it exactly but in the PPR letter I got if I need to get something changed everything needs to be addressed to London Visa office, so just assuming.

RKCK

Nov 2, 2015
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
07-11-2015
Doc's Request.
19-02-2015 Travel History
AOR Received.
01-02-2016
Med's Done....
18-12-2015
berabad said:
initially I thought my file will be assigned to SG since there is no VO in Malaysia, and most of the updates or ghost email are during SG business time. i was surprised that Ottawa handles our application as per gcms notes. being assigned to local VO is faster than the main office they say. we are nearing our 90 days and we are planning to get another gcms notes to check the updates. the due date in our file is April 30, no movement since. did you get gcms notes?
I am planning to apply for it today/tomorrow.

berabad

Jan 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-02-2016
AOR Received.
23-02-2016
File Transfer...
23-02-2016
Med's Done....
26-02-2016
Passport Req..
23-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-09-2016
LANDED..........
11-01-2017
RKCK said:
I am planning to apply for it today/tomorrow.
keep us posted :)

T365

Mar 22, 2015
NOC Code......
berabad said:

Thank you, Berabad, for the feedback. I will try gmcsnow.com. I will keep everyone posted when I get it.

parashar30

Star Member
Jun 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Open work permit application refused today. Need advise.

ITA: 6 Jan
AOR:3 Feb
Open Work Permit Application: 13 Feb
Previous Study Permit expired: 31 Mar (Became on implied status)
Open Work Permit Application refused: 13 may (Today)

The reason they said; Since your Application for Permanent Residence has been refused, you are no longer eligible for an open work permit.

I called CIC and had following talk.

First they said that since my application for PR is refused they had to refuse WP application.

I said it was my previous application in 2015, When I said my current application is in process (Confirmed with my representative) which I referred with Open Work Permit application, they said that I am only eligible for bridging of open work permit (BOWP) if I previously had work permit.

When I said it was not BOWP, it is just open work permit, they said that since review of current PR application has not been done yet they refuse the open work permit application.

Do not know what is happening at CIC.

They also mentioned in letter.
We also wish to advise you that your temporary resident status expired on May 13, 2016.
You may apply for restoration if, within 90 days from the expiry of your temporary resident status.

While disconnecting he said that my current status is expiring on 13th May (Today). If I apply again today, I am not under restoration.

cheire

Champion Member
Jan 19, 2016
Canada
parashar30 said:

The reason they said; Since your Application for Permanent Residence has been refused, you are no longer eligible for an open work permit.

Sorry to hear that, same thing happened to me in Feb
Apply for restoration as soon as possible
I got restoration work permit less than 2 months but it's closed

Why they refused your PR application?

First they said that since my application for PR is refused they had to refuse WP application.

I said it was my previous application in 2015, When I said my current application is in process (Confirmed with my representative) which I referred with Open Work Permit application, they said that I am only eligible for bridging of open work permit (BOWP) if I previously had work permit.

When I said it was not BOWP, it is just open work permit, they said that since review of current PR application has not been done yet they refuse the open work permit application.

We also wish to advise you that your temporary resident status expired on May 13, 2016.
You may apply for restoration if, within 90 days from the expiry of your temporary resident status.

While disconnecting he said that my current status is expiring on 13th May (Today). If I apply again today, I am not under restoration.

parashar30

Star Member
Jun 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
But I do not have any LMIA, how can I apply for restoration. The reasons they gave one after one are not understood. Can I apply for open work permit again with my AOR?

cheire

Champion Member
Jan 19, 2016
Canada
parashar30 said:
But I do not have any LMIA, how can I apply for restoration. The reasons they gave one after one are not understood. Can I apply for open work permit again with my AOR?
Your status expired on 13 May after that you have 90 days.
Which are starting from today.

manidhatt

Champion Member
May 30, 2013
Ontario
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 03
Doc's Request.
Feb 26 - Submitted March 03
AOR Received.
Feb 03
Med's Done....
Feb 12
Passport Req..
Aug 03
parashar30 said:

Sorry to hear about this.

I'm a little confused

1. You never had a open work permit or PGWP?
2. When did you finish your school?
3. If you applied 3 months after graduating then you won't get a work permit.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-postgrad-who.asp

Reactions: Adanac11

parashar30

Star Member
Jun 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
manidhatt said:
Sorry to hear about this.

I'm a little confused

1. You never had a open work permit or PGWP?
2. When did you finish your school?
3. If you applied 3 months after graduating then you won't get a work permit.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-postgrad-who.asp
I had PGWP before in 2013. after its expiry I was again on study permit. So not eligible for PGWP again.