IrishinVan

Star Member
May 28, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ashot said:
You will get one soon, it was showing UPDATED yesterday morning for me, then I received an email yesterday evening.
Ashot how long did it take to get your BOWP?

McFry

Mar 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2016
AOR Received.
19-02-2016
IELTS Request
02-03-2016
Med's Done....
04-03-2016 (Passed)
Passport Req..
17-08-2016
dreamcold said:
And all 3 with AOR date of 9th Feb... What a deliberate "coincidence" :p
If I am correct all three are Outland .... bring on INLAND :) :) :)

Congrats to all who got PPR

manidhatt

Champion Member
May 30, 2013
Ontario
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 03
Doc's Request.
Feb 26 - Submitted March 03
AOR Received.
Feb 03
Med's Done....
Feb 12
Passport Req..
Aug 03
Ashot said:
You will get one soon, it was showing UPDATED yesterday morning for me, then I received an email yesterday evening.
My BOWP status just changed to approved.

manidhatt

Champion Member
May 30, 2013
Ontario
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 03
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Feb 03
Med's Done....
Feb 12
Passport Req..
Aug 03
Ashot said:
Waw! congrats!!! How long it took?
Thank you
I applied on Feb 08

NataliaMSU

Mar 3, 2016
We also got PPR yesterday!

We're FSW Outland.
Timeline:

AOR: Feb 12, 2016
Eliglibility: In progress
Medicals Passed: Feb 20,2016
Ghost mail Feb 21, 2016
CSE with additional PC: Feb 29, 2016
BG In Progress: March 31, 2016 (+ call to current employer)
PPR: April 6, 2016

Wish you all to get the request soon!

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
manidhatt said:
Thank you
I applied on Feb 08
Hi manidhatt, thank you for sharing your BOWP timeline. I will be following in your steps to apply for my BOWP as my WP expires on 26 June 2016. I just wanted to wait to pass my 2 month mark since AOR. For me that is tomorrow.

Sadly though I think you will get PPR at least 3 months before me as you are CEC and I am FSW Inland. Congratulations once again on successfully getting my BOWP. If I could ask a question and make a suggestion.

Question: How long is your BOWP valid for (ie 6 months, 1 year etc.)?

Suggestion: Inform Service Canada/the CRA so that they can extend your Temporary SIN to ensure your employer can continue to legally withhold amounts of Income Tax from your salary. Also inform your bank and other 3rd parties who you have given your SIN to.

JWZR421

Star Member
Feb 24, 2016
AB
Category........
Visa Office......
MVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2016
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
Med's Request
Upfront Meds
Passport Req..
09-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2016
NataliaMSU said:
We also got PPR yesterday!

We're FSW Outland.
Timeline:

AOR: Feb 12, 2016
Eliglibility: In progress
Medicals Passed: Feb 20,2016
Ghost mail Feb 21, 2016
CSE with additional PC: Feb 29, 2016
BG In Progress: March 31, 2016 (+ call to current employer)
PPR: April 6, 2016

Wish you all to get the request soon!
Hi, we also knew yesterday that my employer (current) was called and emailed. After this, where there any update on your profile? Which VO are you?

manidhatt

Champion Member
May 30, 2013
Ontario
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 03
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Feb 03
Med's Done....
Feb 12
Passport Req..
Aug 03
JoacRy said:
Hi manidhatt, thank you for sharing your BOWP timeline. I will be following in your steps to apply for my BOWP as my WP expires on 26 June 2016. I just wanted to wait to pass my 2 month mark since AOR. For me that is tomorrow.

Sadly though I think you will get PPR at least 3 months before me as you are CEC and I am FSW Inland. Congratulations once again on successfully getting my BOWP. If I could ask a question and make a suggestion.

Question: How long is your BOWP valid for (ie 6 months, 1 year etc.)?

Suggestion: Inform Service Canada/the CRA so that they can extend your Temporary SIN to ensure your employer can continue to legally withhold amounts of Income Tax from your salary. Also inform your bank and other 3rd parties who you have given your SIN to.
Hey JoacRy

Thank you.
I am yet to receive it in mail. I think it would be extended for atleast 6 months to 1 year. I applied 4 days after submitting my PR application. At first, I received PGWP for 2.5 years and for that I applied to get the remainder and it got approved too and I received it in mail 2 weeks ago. I wasn't sure if CIC would have approved the extension for the remaining time so I applied for BOWP too and luckily it also got approved. I already updated my SIN using the remainder work permit.

To talk about getting PPR before you. I doubt it, CEC and FSW inland are the slowest at the moment. We will probably receive it in the same time frame.

Good luck for your BOWP

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
manidhatt said:
Hey JoacRy

Thank you.
I am yet to receive it in mail. I think it would be extended for atleast 6 months to 1 year. I applied 4 days after submitting my PR application. At first, I received PGWP for 2.5 years and for that I applied to get the remainder and it got approved too and I received it in mail 2 weeks ago. I wasn't sure if CIC would have approved the extension for the remaining time so I applied for BOWP too and luckily it also got approved. I already updated my SIN using the remainder work permit.

To talk about getting PPR before you. I doubt it, CEC and FSW inland are the slowest at the moment. We will probably receive it in the same time frame.

Good luck for your BOWP
Can I ask where you go to update your SIN? Did you just drop into a 'Service Canada' centre with your BOWP application as evidence, or did you have to send your application for BOWP to the CRA?

Also I thought FSW takes longer than CEC because IRCC has to verify a lot more for FSW than CEC (ie POF, Foreign Employment, Canadian Employment etc.). Hence I thought CEC takes 3 months while FSW takes 6 months or longer. Is this not true?

manidhatt

Champion Member
May 30, 2013
Ontario
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 03
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Feb 03
Med's Done....
Feb 12
Passport Req..
Aug 03
JoacRy said:
Can I ask where you go to update your SIN? Did you just drop into a 'Service Canada' centre with your BOWP application as evidence, or did you have to send your application for BOWP to the CRA?

Also I thought FSW takes longer than CEC because IRCC has to verify a lot more for FSW than CEC (ie POF, Foreign Employment, Canadian Employment etc.). Hence I thought CEC takes 3 months while FSW takes 6 months or longer. Is this not true?
As per other CEC applicant timlines CEC is 4-6 months. CEC was faster last year but not this year may be because of backlog.

I updated SIN at my local Service Canada office. They close at 4. I went in at 3:40 and was out by 3:50. All the lady asked for was the SIN card if I had one and gave me the print out of updated one (no more cards). Just take your old card or paper and your work permit and passport just to be safe.

Not sure which location you will be going to (my local office is never busy)

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
manidhatt said:
As per other CEC applicant timlines CEC is 4-6 months. CEC was faster last year but not this year may be because of backlog.

I updated SIN at my local Service Canada office. They close at 4. I went in at 3:40 and was out by 3:50. All the lady asked for was the SIN card if I had one and gave me the print out of updated one (no more cards). Just take your old card or paper and your work permit and passport just to be safe.

Not sure which location you will be going to (my local office is never busy)
Thank you very much for the tip. I live in one of the more crowded cities in Toronto. Will be waiting outside before they open. When I got my SIN in 2014, it was a sheet of paper so I will take that, my passport, Work Permit, AOR and proof of BOWP application, and go.

All the best with your PPR application, and if you have any questions I am happy to try and answer them.