App. Filed.......
28-12-2015
Nomination.....
Ontario
AOR Received.
29-12-2015
gabriel14 said:
Hello,

I submitted application on 17th Dec. Passed medicals in about a week. Received letter yesterday, 26th feb, (through CIC account) requesting to submit passport - I guess this is called PPR. Feels good! :) Background check status changed to "In-progress".

Any idea how long do they take to give passport back?

My very best wishes to all friends awaiting good news - stay put - December applications are being processed.
Congrats Gabriel!Alk the very best for the future and as if what i've read is passport comes back in a couple of weeks!

yxyxsophia

Oct 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gabriel14 said:
Hello,

I submitted application on 17th Dec. Passed medicals in about a week. Received letter yesterday, 26th feb, (through CIC account) requesting to submit passport - I guess this is called PPR. Feels good! :) Background check status changed to "In-progress".

My very best wishes to all friends awaiting good news - stay put - December applications are being processed.
Congratulations Gabriel!!

Joul

Jan 25, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gabriel14 said:
Hello,

Congrats! Must be very happy!

bharadwaj1883

Star Member
Apr 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-2015
Doc's Request.
30-09-2015 Schedule4 and 4a
Nomination.....
27-11-2015
AOR Received.
22-12-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Done....
19-12-2015
Interview........
waived off
Passport Req..
22-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
31-03-2016
LANDED..........
Mostly in Aug 2016
Hi Guyz,

My AOR : 22 dec 2015

Presently I submitted my RPRF fees on 13 th Feb as it was requested by cic.
My BG is also In proess.

Usually how many days it takes from RPRF to PPR?

Regards,
Bharadwaj

Nmetuk

Feb 14, 2016
yxyxsophia said:
Hi Nmetuk, thank you for your kind words! HKVO requested the notarized household register (Hukou), which i suppose they request only from the Chinese applicants. Don't worry :)
Thanks for the info. still worrying 'cause I am also from mainland...:)

Glad meeting you here and best luck.

Joul

Jan 25, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Please update the spreadsheet.
Just got a en email from CIC today asking me to provide a PCC from Japan.

Thanks

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
Joul said:
Hi,

Please update the spreadsheet.
Just got a en email from CIC today asking me to provide a PCC from Japan.

Thanks
Didn't you submit it originally?

Joul

Jan 25, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
One_Topsy said:
Didn't you submit it originally?
No, I couldn't because the Japanese bureaucracy loves to make things more complicated.
To get a PCC from Japan, we have to wait for CIC to provide an official letter and then go to the embassy and ask for a PCC.

Details from CIC regarding PCC from Japan:
Do I need to provide a Police Certificate for Express Entry?
Yes, but only after you submit your application. When you apply for permanent residence, you will be asked to upload a police certificate. Instead, you must upload a document that states: “I am applying from a country that requires an official request letter from CIC to get a police certificate.”
CIC will then review your application. If it is otherwise complete, we will send you more information on how to get a police certificate. Please read the instructions above for more information.
NOTE: CIC will not accept police certificates sent by mail for Express Entry applications.
It is possible it will take longer than 60 days to process a police certificate request for non-Japanese citizens. If you require a police certificate, you must apply immediately upon receipt of your Invitation to Apply.

So, I provided a PCC from my home-country (France) and the letter saying that Japan requires an official letter from CIC.

vineshparekh

Jul 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2015
Nomination.....
13-11-22015
AOR Received.
11-12-2015
Med's Done....
23-12-2015
Passport Req..
05-05-2016
Joul said:
No, I couldn't because the Japanese bureaucracy loves to make things more complicated.
To get a PCC from Japan, we have to wait for CIC to provide an official letter and then go to the embassy and ask for a PCC.

Details from CIC regarding PCC from Japan:
Do I need to provide a Police Certificate for Express Entry?
Yes, but only after you submit your application. When you apply for permanent residence, you will be asked to upload a police certificate. Instead, you must upload a document that states: “I am applying from a country that requires an official request letter from CIC to get a police certificate.”
CIC will then review your application. If it is otherwise complete, we will send you more information on how to get a police certificate. Please read the instructions above for more information.
NOTE: CIC will not accept police certificates sent by mail for Express Entry applications.
It is possible it will take longer than 60 days to process a police certificate request for non-Japanese citizens. If you require a police certificate, you must apply immediately upon receipt of your Invitation to Apply.

So, I provided a PCC from my home-country (France) and the letter saying that Japan requires an official letter from CIC.
Wow that's so complicated! Good luck Joul

How many days it will take to get PCC from Japan?

Joul

Jan 25, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vineshparekh said:
Wow that's so complicated! Good luck Joul

How many days it will take to get PCC from Japan?
It takes 2 months and I have 2 months to submit the document. :)

But I knew it would take forever to get a PCC from Japan, so I bypassed the process and went to the consulate to get my PCC in advance (should have it in one month from now).

number411

Jul 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
One_Topsy said:
I think there will surely be a few more surprise PPRs, but I also agree that alot might have to wait the average 4 months.
Good luck to all
Can you elaborate how you got the average to be 4 months?

I believe CIC says majority of applicants will get it in 6 months. I see people from Sept are still waiting, and it is March, so 5 months are over for them. We can be optimistic of course, but wishful thinking shouldn't contradict facts. :D

Nbkshetri

Jan 19, 2016
HAPPY NEWS

AOR DECEMBER 14
BACKGROUND CHECK IN PROGRESS: FEB. 29
PASSPORT REQUEST: FEB 29, progress and passport request on the same day
VISA OFFICE: DELHI HIGH COMMISSION

Wish you best of luck for all

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada