+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR in August 2015

sraj07

May 26, 2015
Yes .. I never interacted with Yelana or asked help from him/her and I am not an Aug AOR also
But somehow I remember this name ... Praying God that he/she should get PPR soon .

jemdill

Oct 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajanvnv said:
Congrats rsa.oopnp.

Hopefully, it is underway for Kiran_6sb and Jemdill as well. Good Luck guys !

Thank bro..
I hope we all will get it this month.. :)

ibejiopad

Mar 28, 2015
hotshot007 said:
Congrats!! Very happy for you. I always found your insights helpful on the forum and it was a pleasure having you on the ride.

I think I missed this batch also, my pain extends to next week where I hope for some closure.

To help with my waiting can you please share if the letter referred to your local VO and which LVO it is :). I suspect the batches are run by LVO and just want to confirm that.

Goodluck!
I don't think today's batch is ended yet. I opine there would still be PPRs for some other LVOs

JAcevedo

Jun 19, 2015
I just received my GCMS notes from CIC and I don't have good news. I see they recalculated my points and they went down from 470 to 457. The minimum for my draw was 469.

I spent a few hours going through the notes (177 pages) until I found what I think are the reasons for the drop on my points:

1. CLIENT AGE. By the time I received the ITA I was 29 years old. For the next recalculation I had turned 30. That's a drop of 5 points according to the CRS tool on CIC (from 100 to 95)

But, reading further section A11.2 (w3 cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/refuse.asp) there's an exception for applicants who received ITA before their Birthday and applied for PR after their birthday. So I guess I could appeal for this 5 points.

2. SPOUSE HIGHEST LEVEL OF EDUCATION: Under Education section on the notes:
"Client Highest Level of Education: Master's or 1st prof degree
Spouse Highest level of education: Secon/HS credential incomplete"

Here's what really worries me because my wife has a bachelor degree of 4 years (which is clearly stated on her WES report) but don't understand why they wrote Secon/HS which I believe is Secondary/High School credential.

On one of the agent notes it clearly states: Spouse's education ECA report verified on issuing agency website: "foreign credential confirmed on ECA Site issuing report as Bachelor's degree (four years)"

But on newer notes they state I'm losing points for my spouse's Highest level of education. In the CRS tool, when I change from Bachelors to NONE in education for my wife, we drop 8 points more.

At this point, what do you think I should do?
Wait for their rejection and appeal? Write a case specific enquiry detailing what I found and my comments?

Also, I find weird that after knowing I don't meet the required points of my draw my application hasn't been rejected (of course, I still have hope the next officer to check my application will see that there's an error on my recalculation and that I indeed have 470 points).

Your comments are very much welcomed!!

Phil89

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2014
JAcevedo said:
I just received my GCMS notes from CIC and I don't have good news. I see they recalculated my points and they went down from 470 to 453. The minimum for my draw was 469.

I spent a few hours going through the notes (177 pages) until I found what I think are the reasons for the drop on my points:

1. CLIENT AGE. By the time I received the ITA I was 29 years old. For the next recalculation I had turned 30. That's a drop of 5 points according to the CRS tool on CIC (from 100 to 95)

But, reading further section A11.2 (w3 cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/refuse.asp) there's an exception for applicants who received ITA before their Birthday and applied for PR after their birthday. So I guess I could appeal for this 5 points.

Client Highest Level of Education: Master's or 1st prof degree
Spouse Highest level of education: Secon/HS credential incomplete

Here's what really worries me because my wife has a bachelor degree of 4 years (which is clearly stated on her WES report) but don't understand why they wrote Secon/HS which I believe is Secondary/High School credential.

On one of the agent notes it clearly states: Spouse's education ECA report verified on issuing agency website: foreign credential confirmed on ECA Site issuing report as Bachelor's degree (four years)

But on newer notes they state I'm losing points for my spouse's Highest level of education. In the CRS tool, when I change from Bachelors to NONE in education for my wife, we drop 8 points more.

Wait for their rejection and appeal? Write a case specific enquiry detailing what I found and my comments?

Also, I find weird that after knowing I don't meet the required points of my draw my application hasn't been rejected (of course, I still have hope the next officer to check my application will see that there's an error on my recalculation and that I indeed have 470 points).

The only thing that you should look for is at the end of the notes, the actual review by the agent and not all those endless calculations made by their system.
Was it explicitly written by the agent that you loose point? If not, don't worry.

ibejiopad

Mar 28, 2015
JAcevedo said:
I just received my GCMS notes from CIC and I don't have good news. I see they recalculated my points and they went down from 470 to 457. The minimum for my draw was 469.

On one of the agent notes it clearly states: Spouse's education ECA report verified on issuing agency website: "foreign credential confirmed on ECA Site issuing report as Bachelor's degree (four years)"

Don't wait for rejection. Send a CSE immediately making reference to your GCMS report

canada_CEC2410

Oct 28, 2014
JAcevedo said:

What is the latest Notes on your GCMS notes says.

JAcevedo

Jun 19, 2015
The notes state:

Decision: Recommend Review.......The PA lost and/or missing points under CRS in the following sectors: Client age; Spouse highest level of education. :(

Phil89 said:
The only thing that you should look for is at the end of the notes, the actual review by the agent and not all those endless calculations made by their system.
Was it explicitly written by the agent that you loose point? If not, don't worry.

canada_CEC2410

Oct 28, 2014
JAcevedo said:
The notes state:

Decision: Recommend Refiew.......The PA lost and/or missing points under CRS in the following sectors: Client age; Spouse highest level of education. :(
What is the Level of education for your spouse you have choose in your profile.What does the ECA stats as Canadian equivalence. This ECA part is scaring me to the death.So far 2 rejections I have seen is because of ECA, I am not sure whether the officer who is reviewing is given a proper training on this or not.

JAcevedo

Jun 19, 2015
Level of education on her profile is bachelor's degree and ECAS states the same.

That's the part I don't understand.

canada_CEC2410 said:
What is the Level of education for your spouse you have choose in your profile.What does the ECA stats as Canadian equivalence. This ECA part is scaring me to the death.So far 2 rejections I have seen is because of ECA, I am not sure whether the officer who is reviewing is given a proper training on this or not.