+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR APRIL 2016 >>> JOIN HERE

vkaslp

Star Member
Jun 15, 2016
smoggie said:
I decided to phone IRCC today, since I am nowhere near the six month mark. Spoke to the first agent who asked me my AOR. When I explained that my AOR was 20th April, she was so rude to me... I cannot believe she told me to call back on 21st April. I decided that was crazy talk, I mean it does say on the IRCC website not to contact them before six months.... but surely that's just made up? So I called another agent. She was so kind, she told me everything is going just great and IRCC will make a decision soon, either next week, or certainly by the end of next year. I feel so much better now. Think I will call them again tomorrow as I really like speaking to them and they are really informative and chatty. I have applied for six sets of GCMS notes this month and raised a CSE for each one as I am still waiting for a response. Can you raise a CSE, for a CSE do you think? I find automated responses so reassuring. I'm so nervous... think I'll call them again now, in 5 minutes.

Perhaps keep calm folks... and stop contacting IRCC every five minutes..

[/quote

Yeah...exactly, why early next year?....with an April AOR ?

smoggie

Star Member
Jul 5, 2016
vkaslp said:
smoggie said:
I decided to phone IRCC today, since I am nowhere near the six month mark. Spoke to the first agent who asked me my AOR. When I explained that my AOR was 20th April, she was so rude to me... I cannot believe she told me to call back on 21st April. I decided that was crazy talk, I mean it does say on the IRCC website not to contact them before six months.... but surely that's just made up? So I called another agent. She was so kind, she told me everything is going just great and IRCC will make a decision soon, either next week, or certainly by the end of next year. I feel so much better now. Think I will call them again tomorrow as I really like speaking to them and they are really informative and chatty. I have applied for six sets of GCMS notes this month and raised a CSE for each one as I am still waiting for a response. Can you raise a CSE, for a CSE do you think? I find automated responses so reassuring. I'm so nervous... think I'll call them again now, in 5 minutes.

Perhaps keep calm folks... and stop contacting IRCC every five minutes..

[/quote

Yeah...exactly, why early next year?....with an April AOR ?

It was just me being sarcastic... ! Just find it a little rediculous that people are contacting IRCC before the six month mark.... and even after the six month mark, what can they tell you really? I think most agents just make it up.... some are cruel and quote timelines into next year, others give false hopes. They really do not care as long as they get you off the phone. They simply give you a speculative response which some people cling onto, like it is reality. Raising a CSE to find out where your application is up to is just a pointless exercise. Even requesting GCMS notes more than once (after 3-4 months following AOR) seems over the top and unnecessary. Fact is even when everything looks approved on GCMS notes, IRCC are perfectly capable of sitting on final approval for a fair amount of time for absolutely no apparent reason.

The facts are ~80% of people wil get AOR within six months. The final ~20% will get PPR within a year of AOR, some still fairly close to the six month mark, some are not so lucky and have to wait.

So APRIL AORERS, sit back chill... declare your PPR's on this forum when they come through... but please stop pestering IRCC, unless it is strictly necessary!

Rant over - peace out people :)

vivek6686

Mar 23, 2015
Amen, we do have some GCMS kings in our forum. not sure how did they waited in their mother's womb for ten months...

i think CIC should increase the cost of GCMS to 1000$, they can get more revenue

canadianrrk

Mar 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
19-april-2016
Passport Req..
31-Jan-2017
expecting my gcms notes tonight, ordered on september 6th ie close to 5months post AOR, NDVO is VO and FSW outland.......on 2nd gcms there was no change, do u think there can be a change in this notes.

smoggie

Star Member
Jul 5, 2016
vivek6686 said:
Amen, we do have some GCMS kings in our forum. not sure how did they waited in their mother's womb for ten months...

i think CIC should increase the cost of GCMS to 1000$, they can get more revenue
Lol that is too funny!

Thank you lazybones as well... hopefully some people will heed the advice !

lazybone

Champion Member
Jun 8, 2016
vivek6686 said:

nothing wrong with ordering notes...its their prerogative, their 5 bucks and their application and not yours...
the part i highlighted, which you said- maybe came out wrong on a public forum....try to introspect a little before you say something...

smoggie

Star Member
Jul 5, 2016
lazybone said:
nothing wrong with ordering notes...its their prerogative, their 5 bucks and their application and not yours...
the part i highlighted, which you said- maybe came out wrong on a public forum....try to introspect...
Oh Christ alive Lazybones, put your big boy pants on and get a grip of yourself!!

Of course it's every ones prerogative to pay $5 and order GCMS notes.... hell order as many as you want. That doesn't make it morally correct and ultimately pretty god damn selfish! How an earth do you not think that multiple applicants requesting multiple GCMS notes, does not in someway slow down all our applications!!? If it doesn't directly take an agent away from their day job of processing PR's then it certainly deflects dollars away from the IRCC, meaning they can employ less agents processing PR's. Indirectly or directly this is helping to slow down applications, which is selfish. Agents have to produce a report, read through >100 pages and edit any sensitive information before sending. Do you really think your $5 covers that cost?? Free under the PIA!

As a fellow Canadian tax payer and PR applicant, I am a little surprised you endorse that behavior!!

One set of GCMS notes in and around 3-6 months is perfectly understandable. Raise a CSE if you see any errors on GCMS notes, or if you need to update IRCC of a change in circumstances. After that, please do not contact IRCC until at least after 6 months.... or preferably after 7.

Anything other than that is just individuals being selfish and helping to contribute to the backlog.

I like vivek6686 's suggestion of raising the cost of GCMS notes.... perhaps $100 rather than $1,000 ( ;)) but something to help IRCC recoup costs (hopefully allowing them to employ more agents) but most importantly to put off those selfish people that order 3 or 4 copies!!

Peace out people and please let IRCC get on with their jobs!

Miketvguy

Star Member
Jan 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O(CEC-Inland)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-Apr
Passport Req..
15-Sept/19-Sept submitted
VISA ISSUED...
Exempted Country
LANDED..........
30 Sept(Same day COPR)
smoggie said:
Oh Christ alive Lazybones, put your big boy pants on and get a grip of yourself!!

Of course it's every ones prerogative to pay $5 and order GCMS notes.... hell order as many as you want. That doesn't make it morally correct and ultimately pretty god damn selfish! How an earth do you not think that multiple applicants requesting multiple GCMS notes, does not in someway slow down all our applications!!? If it doesn't directly take an agent away from their day job of processing PR's then it certainly deflects dollars away from the IRCC, meaning they can employ less agents processing PR's. Indirectly or directly this is helping to slow down applications, which is selfish. Agents have to produce a report, read through >100 pages and edit any sensitive information before sending. Do you really think your $5 covers that cost?? Free under the PIA!

As a fellow Canadian tax payer and PR applicant, I am a little surprised you endorse that behavior!!

One set of GCMS notes in and around 3-6 months is perfectly understandable. Raise a CSE if you see any errors on GCMS notes, or if you need to update IRCC of a change in circumstances. After that, please do not contact IRCC until at least after 6 months.... or preferably after 7.

Anything other than that is just individuals being selfish and helping to contribute to the backlog.

I like vivek6686 's suggestion of raising the cost of GCMS notes.... perhaps $100 rather than $1,000 ( ;)) but something to help IRCC recoup costs (hopefully allowing them to employ more agents) but most importantly to put off those selfish people that order 3 or 4 copies!!

I agree with you, Smoggie.
Of course all we are going through life time event with uncertainty.
But, more GCMS note slow down officer's work flow.
Personally, my CEC app rejected in 2014, and it's my 2nd app-CEC inland- and I got PPR in 15, Sept.
Through the experience I learned it's essential to be patient, and walk, or go fishing(it's Salmon season) or wood work, and relax your self.
Don't drive your self in to anxiety, and panic.
Because it doesn't help your self and your precious family.
Hope you all the best, brothers.

smoggie

Star Member
Jul 5, 2016
Miketvguy said:
I agree with you, Smoggie.
Of course all we are going through life time event with uncertainty.
But, more GCMS note slow down officer's work flow.
Personally, my CEC app rejected in 2014, and it's my 2nd app-CEC inland- and I got PPR in 15, Sept.
Through the experience I learned it's essential to be patient, and walk, or go fishing(it's Salmon season) or wood work, and relax your self.
Don't drive your self in to anxiety, and panic.
Because it doesn't help your self and your precious family.
Hope you all the best, brothers.
+1 Good, wise words Miketvguy - well done!

lazybone

Champion Member
Jun 8, 2016
smoggie said:

hi smoggie

nothing against you buddy...at the outset, I get your sarcasm completely and coz im in agreement with you, I gave you a +1...

I don't think ordering notes is selfish or anything of that sort...its an applicants right under the access to information act...it is a misconception that it slows down an application...it doesn't...and it doesn't speed it up either...

im not endorsing any kind of behaviour... calling CIC or ordering notes multiple times...

here is thing you gotta think about- I have seen many people whose bg check was not started and remained not started for 6 months....how would they get a status update if their bg check did not change? the only way is thru notes, for a simple reassurance that everything is good and someone is working on their file..what do you have to say about those applicants?

smoggie

Star Member
Jul 5, 2016
lazybone said:
hi smoggie

nothing against you buddy...at the outset, I get your sarcasm completely and coz im in agreement with you, I gave you a +1...

I don't think ordering notes is selfish or anything of that sort...its an applicants right under the access to information act...it is a misconception that it slows down an application...it doesn't...and it doesn't speed it up either...

im not endorsing any kind of behaviour... calling CIC or ordering notes multiple times...

here is thing you gotta think about- I have seen many people whose bg check was not started and remained not started for 6 months....how would they get a status update if their bg check did not change? the only way is thru notes, for a simple reassurance that everything is good and someone is working on their file..what do you have to say about those applicants?
Hi Lazybones - we will have to agree to disagree on certain points I am sure. I too don't mean any offence. Free world, free speech and all that.

Ordering GCMS more than once must tie up resources in someway or another, thus it impacts the speed and ability of IRCC to process all our applications. There is no way that by giving a department more work, or tying up resources (including deflecting dollars away from their primary objective of processing PR's) has either a neutral or positive affect. Sorry, but that is fact - unless you can explain to me how you get blood from a stone?

I get the reassurance piece; hence order one set of GCMS notes at 3-6 months. BG check 'in progress' as we know (including from your good self, I believe) has no bearing on PPR date, or is at least it is ambiguous. If you are not patient enough to wait until at least 3 months until after AOR, you will get incomplete and partial GCMS. Please wait.

Patience is a virtue - chill and wait for your turn.

As always, respectful of your opinion Lazybones - even when we disagree.

lazybone

Champion Member
Jun 8, 2016
smoggie said:
Hi Lazybones - we will have to agree to disagree on certain points I am sure. I too don't mean any offence. Free world, free speech and all that. ---> exactly what im saying as well...you had an opinion and stated it...which I complimented you for...but your opinion is own, others opinions maybe different...its not a perfect world where everyone has to agree with you, hence people will still call and still check with CIC irrespective of what you say...nothing you can do about it..although, yes, im in agreement with you..so lets put it to rest..

Ordering GCMS more than once must tie up resources in someway or another, thus it impacts the speed and ability of IRCC to process all our applications. There is no way that by giving a department more work, or tying up resources (including deflecting dollars away from their primary objective of processing PR's) has either a neutral or positive affect. Sorry, but that is fact - unless you can explain to me how you get blood from a stone? --->there is no valid proof that I can provide other than testimonials of senior members of this forum

I get the reassurance piece; hence order one set of GCMS notes at 3-6 months. BG check 'in progress' as we know (including from your good self, I believe) has no bearing on PPR date, or is at least it is ambiguous. If you are not patient enough to wait until at least 3 months until after AOR, you will get incomplete and partial GCMS. Please wait. ---->agreed

Patience is a virtue - chill and wait for your turn. ---> agreed

As always, respectful of your opinion Lazybones - even when we disagree. ---> thanks! and I am respectful of your opinions too buddy :)

lazybone

Champion Member
Jun 8, 2016
smoggie said:

I like vivek6686 's suggestion of raising the cost of GCMS notes.... perhaps $100 rather than $1,000 ( ;)) but something to help IRCC recoup costs (hopefully allowing them to employ more agents) but most importantly to put off those selfish people that order 3 or 4 copies!! ----> you may like viveks comment and that okay..but what im not sure is why vivek would drag mothers, wombs etc to describe the people who order notes...in bad taste and lacking any context which is why I highlighted it....Peace out people and please let IRCC get on with their jobs!

amsi

May 12, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Back to successful PPR applicants please . I really like reading those posts