+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR a month back, losing job - Urgent Help Needed!

JAssimTeeky

Star Member
Jun 13, 2019
Of course, unless they call them (company) to verify the letter and the issuer of the letter tells IRCC that that letter is no longer valid for X reason.

Otherwise, yes you could get away with it.

However, if it is the same as your current employer and you are laid-off, you are required to inform IRCC about this. This might raise a red flag about the arranged employment. They could ask you for an updated letter or as I said, contact the person/company who issued the letter to find out if it still stands.

You could also not inform IRCC that you're no longer working for them, but I would not risk it.
But technically the letter was valid at the time of AOR, its nto valid now since your are ,well, not working for them. So in a way, IRCC is forcing someone to stay at their current company if they claim job offer points.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
But technically the letter was valid at the time of AOR, its not valid now since your are ,well, not working for them. So in a way, IRCC is forcing someone to stay at their current company if they claim job offer points.
Of course not, because the Job Offer (Arranged employment) does not have to be with your current employer. It could be, but does not have to.

Also, current employment cannot be used as proof of arranged employment, these are 2 independent things. A letter of employment stating that you have a full-time permanent position does cannot be used as Proof of Arranged employment. Remember that to apply under CEC you don't need to be presently working.

However, your current employer can also provide you with proof of arranged employment.

bosco2814

Jan 5, 2020
Of course not, because the Job Offer (Arranged employment) does not have to be with your current employer. It could be, but does not have to.

Also, current employment cannot be used as proof of arranged employment, these are 2 independent things. A letter of employment stating that you have a full-time permanent position does cannot be used as Proof of Arranged employment. Remember that to apply under CEC you don't need to be presently working.

However, your current employer can also provide you with proof of arranged employment.
How about owning an LMIA dual intent?

In the letter of employment, the person should be working with the employer already with the closed-work permit.
Therefore, when he claimed the 50points, his
No because a current employment is not the same as proof of arranged employment. Those are completely different thigns.

People often think that having a full time permanent position is equivalent but it isn't and you see rejections due to this all the time.

To claim the 50 points for proof of arranged employment you need a letter that explicitly states the person is offered a job for at least one year once they've become a PR. This has to be stated explicitly.

This is why claiming these 50 points is pretty hard, few employers are willing to provide such letter, that is why it is worth 50 points too, it's a lot.

They could easily call the issuer of the letter to verify if that is still the case.

How about owning an LMIA dual intent?

The person should be working with the employer already under the closed-work permit.
For example, his closed-work permit still valid 1.5 years when he submitted e-apr.
His 50 points should be valid as long as the letter of employment state he has been working since 6 months ago.

annu81

Star Member
Jun 28, 2020
I am also facing same issue. already got AOR. I claimed 50 points for arranged employment with my current employer in Canadian experience class. Due to pandemic situation, anyone can loose their job. I have specific question, If I applied for bridge open work permit. that will make any impact on my application?

channychanchan

Sep 28, 2018
I am also facing same issue. already got AOR. I claimed 50 points for arranged employment with my current employer in Canadian experience class. Due to pandemic situation, anyone can loose their job. I have specific question, If I applied for bridge open work permit. that will make any impact on my application?
i'm curious too. i need to apply for a BOWP soon, and was wondering if i changed jobs, whether my 50 points for the job offer would be still valid (already received and submitted relevant letter for PR application), because as wolfpmd3 said, job offer does not necessarily need to be from a current employer.

roland1990

Star Member
Sep 2, 2019
@annu81 I'm in the same situation, there is a risk of loosing the job due to the pandemic. Did you apply for the BOWP ?

Canadapr2021

Jan 7, 2021
I have submitted my PR application and AOR at the end of January, 2020. I have applied under the CEC inland category. I am losing job(ICT, Closed Permit) after about 1 Year 5 months of work in Canada.

My work permit is valid till Nov, 2020.

Can I continue stay in Canada?
Do I need to update PR processing that is ongoing on? I did claim 50 points towards job offer as my job was long term(permanent, fulltime) during my application. Medical passed, Biometrics done and got a confirmation using webform that Background check is going on and eligibility hasn't started but my application says "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements".
Can I apply for BOWP in my condition as my work permit allows me to work only for my current employer?

Requesting urgent help and advice.
Hi, what did finally happen in your case? Can you please share your experience?