21-09-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
AK84 said:
Hi, Guys!

I would like to know about PR landing.

1) Should I land from the province I got Nomination (Nova scotia - PNP) or I can do landing from the province where currently I am living (Alberta)?

2) If I do landing process from the city currently I am living that is Calgary, Can I ask the officer to send my PR card to my current address or Should I ask them to send directly to nova scotia address?

I am asking these questions because Since I am living in Alberta if all landing process would be done here that will give me some time for moving to Nova scotia until I get PR card.

Guys, I need your suggestion. I am waiting for your quick response.Thanks in advance.
1) You can land anywhere, but the officer might ask you why you are not landing in the province that nominated you. It depends on the officer. Couple of friends were not even asked. Just one that was nominated in ON and landed in BC was asked and he said he move to BC. He didn't have any problems.
2) You can send you PR to any address in Canada. Again, just be prepared to explain in case the officer asks you, but it is not very likely he will.

mjadawala

Jul 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
13-03-2017 - Travel History IMM5562E
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
05-01-2017
Med's Done....
17-12-2016; Med's passed - 23-03-2017
breathofwind said:
Hi mjadawala, we have the same AOR date ;D this wait feels like a neverending process
Haha completely agree with you, it feels like we are re-living the OINP phase when the wait was beyond never-ending lol!!

nevergiveup08

Star Member
Oct 19, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
salkhan said:
Really? I went to my MP as well and they provided me with an update. Is that a bad thing to do ? They regularly follow up on my case.
I would suggest you to contact MP when you are on or over 6 months.

kaka198300

Star Member
Mar 9, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AK84 said:
Hi, Guys!

I would like to know about PR landing.

1) Should I land from the province I got Nomination (Nova scotia - PNP) or I can do landing from the province where currently I am living (Alberta)?

2) If I do landing process from the city currently I am living that is Calgary, Can I ask the officer to send my PR card to my current address or Should I ask them to send directly to nova scotia address?

I am asking these questions because Since I am living in Alberta if all landing process would be done here that will give me some time for moving to Nova scotia until I get PR card.

Guys, I need your suggestion. I am waiting for your quick response.Thanks in advance.
You should land on (direct fly) Nova Scotia, because you are applying the NS nomination program and you need to show your intention to live there. and your PR card is better to be sent to NS and ask someone to pick up and resend to you... this is the most safe way.

salkhan

Jan 28, 2016
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
03-12-2016
Med's Done....
08-02-2017
Passport Req..
Not Received
LANDED..........
00-07-2018
nevergiveup08 said:
I would suggest you to contact MP when you are on or over 6 months.
I meet the MP at a community meet up and he told the audience that his office assists in immigration cases as well. I told him later that I have a PR application in process and have recently submitted, this was in January. He asked me to see his staff and they'd let me know where my application was and if everything was in order.

Last month the staff member emailed me that he followed up with my application and it's going criminality check and background check. No significant update though.

nevergiveup08

Star Member
Oct 19, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
salkhan said:
I meet the MP at a community meet up and he told the audience that his office assists in immigration cases as well. I told him later that I have a PR application in process and have recently submitted, this was in January. He asked me to see his staff and they'd let me know where my application was and if everything was in order.

Last month the staff member emailed me that he followed up with my application and it's going criminality check and background check. No significant update though.
See thats what I said, that you can get to know by yourself too ( by calling them or by GCMS notes) why to include MP for no reason and then Immigration have in their notes that you have contacted them thru MP.

If I was the immigration officer I will be annoyed that if the time line is 6 months why cant you just wait?

Yes if the your application is on 6th month or over 6 month then you can certainly contact MP to know what is going on?

Thats just my personal opinion

sam_dawkins

Jul 24, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
04-01-2017 (RCMP Criminal Record Check) Submitted 20-01-2017
Nomination.....
16-09-2016
AOR Received.
24-10-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
25-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-01-2018
LANDED..........
11-01-2018
canada108 said:
You are over your 6 months period. Did you contact them? what did they say?
my first GCMS notes say I have passed Eligibility, Criminality and Medical. Security was blank. This news is from February 26. After 6 months passed I emailed them and their reply was it is going under review. I have requested a new gcms notes which I will get it this week. I have raised CSE, no reply yet. Yesterday I went to MP's office. Lets see what information they can get.

breathofwind

Star Member
Dec 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-01-2017
Nomination.....
15-11-2016
AOR Received.
05-01-2017
sam_dawkins said:
my first GCMS notes say I have passed Eligibility, Criminality and Medical. Security was blank. This news is from February 26. After 6 months passed I emailed them and their reply was it is going under review. I have requested a new gcms notes which I will get it this week. I have raised CSE, no reply yet. Yesterday I went to MP's office. Lets see what information they can get.
hi sam_dawkins, how long does it take for you to get the GCMS note?

sam_dawkins

Jul 24, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
04-01-2017 (RCMP Criminal Record Check) Submitted 20-01-2017
Nomination.....
16-09-2016
AOR Received.
24-10-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
25-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-01-2018
LANDED..........
11-01-2018
breathofwind said:
hi sam_dawkins, how long does it take for you to get the GCMS note?
1 month exactly for me.

s2l

Star Member
Sep 11, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-16
Nomination.....
07-10-16
AOR Received.
01-11-16
Passport Req..
04-04-17
VISA ISSUED...
06-04-17
LANDED..........
25-04-17
sam_dawkins said:
1 month exactly for me.
I really hope you get your PPR soon. I can't believe how slow PNP has been for majority of the Inlander Applicants. Something's got to give.

deepgill

Feb 24, 2012
Hi all,

My AOR is 28 Jan and I got my medical passed on 10th April. Also, my status is we are processing your background checks since 10th April. On 10th I sent an email to CPC ottawa to know about my visa office and reply came back as your visa office is CIO.
Yesterday, I sent mail again to CPC ottawa and reply came back as your file is at our office. They did not write down CPC ottawa, but the signature of guy replying to my mail is CPC ottawa address. So, I think it is at CPC ottawa.

Do you guys think my criminality, R10 and eligibility is passed as file is moved to CPC ottawa. I am PNP inland.

tpurohit

Feb 5, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
12-JAN-2017
Med's Done....
29-DEC-2016
This so bad and concerning as well. no one from PNP inland reported PPR last week and this week as well. I will hit 4 month mark on 13th of this month and 2 months mark on 15th on this month since the last update on my profile.
At first, I expected it to be at least 6 months for processing so I was mentally prepared but after looking at the processing time of CEC applicants it doesn't make any sense at all.

sometimes I feel I need a Punching bag to pass this phase :p :p (JK) anyone feels the same way ??

tpurohit

Feb 5, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
12-JAN-2017
Med's Done....
29-DEC-2016
deepgill said:
Hi all,

My AOR is 28 Jan and I got my medical passed on 10th April. Also, my status is we are processing your background checks since 10th April. On 10th I sent an email to CPC ottawa to know about my visa office and reply came back as your visa office is CIO.
Yesterday, I sent mail again to CPC ottawa and reply came back as your file is at our office. They did not write down CPC ottawa, but the signature of guy replying to my mail is CPC ottawa address. So, I think it is at CPC ottawa.

Do you guys think my criminality, R10 and eligibility is passed as file is moved to CPC ottawa. I am PNP inland.

From My understanding, R10 and eligibility is passed only if we see IP the second time (IP2) but I may be wrong you never about these guys. My application after medical updated had message In Progress. next step is to conduct BCK. and then changed to Not applicable. if your file has BCK in progress then that's a good thing at least you know someone it looking at your file. cheers

deepgill

Feb 24, 2012
tpurohit said:
From My understanding, R10 and eligibility is passed only if we see IP the second time (IP2) but I may be wrong you never about these guys. My application after medical updated had message In Progress. next step is to conduct BCK. and then changed to Not applicable. if your file has BCK in progress then that's a good thing at least you know someone it looking at your file. cheers
Thanks tpurohit,

As per my understanding, your file move from CIO to CPC once R10 and criminal checks are done. We can ask our PNP inland members to shed some light on this issue and provide some clarity. Thanks a lot to everyone. Regards

nevergiveup08

Star Member
Oct 19, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
deepgill said:
Thanks tpurohit,

As per my understanding, your file move from CIO to CPC once R10 and criminal checks are done. We can ask our PNP inland members to shed some light on this issue and provide some clarity. Thanks a lot to everyone. Regards
R10 checks are done usually with in a month.. My BG status is NA and my R10 was already done on March 02.
Took more than a month coz of additional docs request