CPC-Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-10-2016
Passport Req..
26 October 2017
VISA ISSUED...
21 November 2017
LANDED..........
Landed as a PR 13 December 2017 (In Canada since 2015)
Unfortunately my waiting has not come to an end. ???
Today I called CIC and asked about my application. The operator on the phone informed me that the background check is still going on and indicated that processing time can vary from case to case. After the phone call I had the feeling that I did not get any information that I had not known before. Although I was not expecting to obtain any particular insight it was quite disappointing and I felt quit helpless because there is NOTHING than waiting! And apparently that's what I will be doing for a certain time!

bugone1

Nov 22, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Matt-NL said:
Today I called CIC and asked about my application. The operator on the phone informed me that the background check is still going on and indicated that processing time can vary from case to case. After the phone call I had the feeling that I did not get any information that I had not known before. Although I was not expecting to obtain any particular insight it was quite disappointing and I felt quit helpless because there is NOTHING than waiting! And apparently that's what I will be doing for a certain time!
Sorry to hear that again, Matt.

syedahraza

Jun 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Matt-NL said:
I got no news. Many people (6 PNP-Inlanders I know from the forum) received PPR yesterday night!
Matt you need to check with CIC what is the issue with your application. It seems PNP applications have started to move. Let us hope that it continues. I told everybody on this forum to wait till 3rd April and it is happening now.

s2l

Star Member
Sep 11, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-16
Nomination.....
07-10-16
AOR Received.
01-11-16
Passport Req..
04-04-17
VISA ISSUED...
06-04-17
LANDED..........
25-04-17
Matt-NL said:
They definitely will have a better answer for you once you cross the 6 month mark. However, I really hope that you get your PPR before that happens!

oldenuf

Mar 29, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
12-10-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2016
AOR Received.
21-12-2016
Med's Done....
07-03-2017
Passport Req..
23/06/2017
VISA ISSUED...
20/07/2017
s2l said:
They definitely will have a better answer for you once you cross the 6 month mark. However, I really hope that you get your PPR before that happens!
did you get PPR ?

s2l

Star Member
Sep 11, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-16
Nomination.....
07-10-16
AOR Received.
01-11-16
Passport Req..
04-04-17
VISA ISSUED...
06-04-17
LANDED..........
25-04-17
oldenuf said:
did you get PPR ?
Nope. Just waiting now since there is nothing else to do :)

andremarques19751

Aug 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
BC Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
19-08-2016
AOR Received.
21-09-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
21-09-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Matt-NL said:
Group name: "PNP Secure Outstanding"
Same group as me Brother, have faith, we will get there, all the Best!

andremarques19751

Aug 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
BC Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
19-08-2016
AOR Received.
21-09-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
21-09-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Congratulations to ALL PPRs, so the April 3rd date was real, a batch of PNP-I was processed and CIC agents knew that 2 weeks in advance.

For those still waiting like me, let's keep sharing news, hopes and keep checking our inboxes every 5 minutes (maybe that's just me).

Good luck all!

syedahraza

Jun 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
palpatel5 said:
Anybody with AOR in 19th Jan, 2017...

No updates after that... not even medical pass..
I with AOR 17th Jan, my medicals passed on 24th March. Try to call CIC and check with them what is the issue.

sriramk5

Sep 2, 2016
palpatel5 said:
Anybody with AOR in 19th Jan, 2017...

No updates after that... not even medical pass..
My AOR Date was 23 Jan 2017. I am in same state not even medicals passed. From the tracker i can see some one else with same date had their medicals passed on 3 Apr 2017. I am getting worried now, if they forgot my file or if any other problem. I too am not sure what to do.

Matt-NL

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-10-2016
Passport Req..
26 October 2017
VISA ISSUED...
21 November 2017
LANDED..........
Landed as a PR 13 December 2017 (In Canada since 2015)
andremarques19751 said:
Same group as me Brother, have faith, we will get there, all the Best!

I am so disappointed and almost lost my entire motivation due to this long processing of CIC. Honestly, my enthusiasm and euphoria to become a part of Canada quite shaken! Provincial nomination process made me feel a part of my province. But the federal level of immigration process is almost hostile because it feels you as if you are a criminal or a security risk. This is annoying and making Canada look bad. CIC is not Canada, but it is one of the doors/windows of Canada opening to the world, and it is representing this country, damn! I think this is not good for adaptation of immigrants and identity-building process of immigrants.
Whatever the reason might be for the delay, giving PR status can be much faster (as in other countries that are competing with Canada!). I know countries that process even citizenship applications in 3 months (I am talking about processing times after the application)!
Those things are some points I started to think about after I reached my 6 months of processing time.
Anyways, thank you Andre.
I hope we can still get it in a reasonable time.
But if you ask me I don't feel the same way anymore as when I started my provincial level immigration process.

mortywaves

Star Member
Aug 23, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Matt-NL said:
I am so disappointed and almost lost my entire motivation due to this long processing of CIC. Honestly, my enthusiasm and euphoria to become a part of Canada quite shaken! Provincial nomination process made me feel a part of my province. But the federal level of immigration process is almost hostile because it feels you as if you are a criminal or a security risk. This is annoying and making Canada look bad. CIC is not Canada, but it is one of the doors/windows of Canada opening to the world, and it is representing this country, damn! I think this is not good for adaptation of immigrants and identity-building process of immigrants.
Whatever the reason might be for the delay, giving PR status can be much faster (as in other countries that are competing with Canada!). I know countries that process even citizenship applications in 3 months (I am talking about processing times after the application)!
Those things are some points I started to think about after I reached my 6 months of processing time.
Anyways, thank you Andre.
I hope we can still get it in a reasonable time.
But if you ask me I don't feel the same way anymore as when I started my provincial level immigration process.
Hey man, is your work permit expiring soon? If not, don't worry about it too much. I am, too, looking forward to the day that I can call myself Canadian and this alone makes me impatient. But at the end of the day we will get it.

Meanwhile you can watch some Cem Yilmaz to cheer you up :p

s2l

Star Member
Sep 11, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-16
Nomination.....
07-10-16
AOR Received.
01-11-16
Passport Req..
04-04-17
VISA ISSUED...
06-04-17
LANDED..........
25-04-17
I can understand the despondency that develops as a result of how slow things have been for PNP Inlands. However, it's usually towards the end of the tunnel that we must have some hope and faith in the system. I know CIC hasn't given our batch priority, but I am certain that most of us who have waited this long will end up receiving their PPR at some point. Good luck to everyone who is waiting :)