+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone with sowp from outside Canada tried to travel to Canada recently?

jabri1024

Jun 18, 2020
I read so many comments before those from outside Canada were not permitted to enter or board the plane. Anyone here who tried recently to travel and have allowed by the boarder to enter?

jabri1024

Jun 18, 2020
No, I dont have a job and my common law partner is temporary worker. I know that most of the foreign nationals denied their entry but I'm still hoping that someone here have tried their luck. Our daughter has study permit approved last February and supposed to enroll this coming September. We also received our ITA for pr so we are not just visiting my partner but to live with him and establish residency.

Rick2212

May 4, 2020
Canada
Category........
CEC
I read so many comments before those from outside Canada were not permitted to enter or board the plane. Anyone here who tried recently to travel and have allowed by the boarder to enter?
You need a authorization letter to board a flight to Canada

jabri1024

Jun 18, 2020
You need a authorization letter to board a flight to Canada
I already emailed IRCC and their reply was me and my daughter are exempted and do not require written authorization but the final decision will be made by border officer.

Rick2212

May 4, 2020
Canada
Category........
CEC
Its just a formal email saying
Your request to be exempted from the current restrictions to travel to Canada xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx has been approved.

Rick2212

May 4, 2020
Canada
Category........
CEC
Let me share a sample of email i sent to cic.
As soon as you send the email you will receive a automated reply ignore it. It will take almost 5 working days for you to receive actual reply.
I sent this mail from my wife's email address.

Dear Sir/Madam

Request you to provide an authorization letter to board a flight to Toronto Canada from City India so i can reunite with my husband (Husband’s name and UCI) who is in Canada on work permit status. I will make sure to follow all the guidelines from health Canada including wearing a mask where required, 14-day quarantine in a private apartment after arriving there and update information on the Arrive CAN application. I will also buy health insurance which covers COVID-19 before arriving in Canada and will be able to display proof of it at the port of entry.

Following are my details

Name – xxxxxxxx

Date of Birth - xxxxxxxxxxxx

unique client identifier - xxxxxxxxx

Passport Number - xxxxxxxx

proof of relationship with an immediate family member in Canada - Marriage certificate (Please see attachment)

proof of immigration status of your immediate family member in Canada - Work Permit, Work Visa (Please see attachment)

proof of temporary resident visa or eTA - Please see attachment.

Detailed reason of travel - Living alone without husband is very difficult. We got married on date. After marriage we stayed together for one month. On date we applied for my spousal open work visa and since then i am waiting for day to see him back again. It has been almost xx months as everything is slow due to covid 19 and finally my visa was approved on date. As we want to start back our life, we request you to provide authorization to board a flight to Canada.

Quarantine plan - My husband leased an apartment(address) where he lives alone right now. During my time in 14-day quarantine in Canada i will live there alone and my husband will move to his friends place. He will be taking care of me with the groceries and medical supply if required.

Thanks and Regards

Name