+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone with an American spouse who applied outland came to Canada to wait out the COPR?

fashiontart

Nov 18, 2021
I know I have no way of knowing how much longer our application will take, and it's a risk to have him come here before COPR...but I'm wondering about others' experiences with doing it anyway? Being apart is such a struggle... I'm thinking maybe he should come here to wait it out. Obviously we would still follow the 6 month rule, and update IRCC. Does anyone have personal experience with this? I'd appreciate any and all tidbits of information.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I know I have no way of knowing how much longer our application will take, and it's a risk to have him come here before COPR...but I'm wondering about others' experiences with doing it anyway? Being apart is such a struggle... I'm thinking maybe he should come here to wait it out. Obviously we would still follow the 6 month rule, and update IRCC. Does anyone have personal experience with this? I'd appreciate any and all tidbits of information.
Lots of applicants do this, if you have or doin't need a visa (eg for USAians), can enter and remain (extend visit as necessary or depart and return).

Only thing is not to show up at border with all personal effects and household - until approved, must plausibly be coming to visit and not to remain forever. (While not seemingly too strict about this, they can sometimes object)

MJSPARV

Sep 17, 2020
Yes, we did. What @armoured said above about sums it up. Searching for "dual intent" should lead you to where I previously posted in depth about my experience.

Reactions: armoured