+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone who works at TD bank is experiencing the same situation for the TR to PR

meiyou147

Star Member
Nov 29, 2019
Hello,

I work at TD bank as a bank teller, with the new pathways to PR, I’m technically able to apply for PR. But one thing is that TD refused to provide an eligible employment reference letter. They provide me with a letter which is more for an apartment renting application, and I talked to HR, almost get the same response. And they said they were only able to put I work 15hours a week.But the thing is I worked 20 hours a week for the first 4 months, then I work more than 30 hours now, I have enough hours, and they don’t wanna put my annual salary on it, even for estimation. I am wondering anyone who worked or is working at TD has the same situation, and how did you guys resolve it?
Cause it’s a one time thing, I don’t wanna lose this chance to PR. Thanks a lot!

Tomican

Feb 20, 2020
Hello,

I work at TD bank as a bank teller, with the new pathways to PR, I’m technically able to apply for PR. But one thing is that TD refused to provide an eligible employment reference letter. They provide me with a letter which is more for an apartment renting application, and I talked to HR, almost get the same response. And they said they were only able to put I work 15hours a week. But the thing is I worked 20 hours a week for the first 4 months, then I work more than 30 hours now, I have enough hours, and they don’t wanna put my annual salary on it, even for estimation. I am wondering anyone who worked or is working at TD has the same situation, and how did you guys resolve it?
Cause it’s a one time thing, I don’t wanna lose this chance to PR. Thanks a lot!
If you are eligible, submitted with all details in LOE.

Qualifying work experience
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/economic-classes/tr-pr-pathway/assessing.html

meiyou147

Star Member
Nov 29, 2019
Thank you! I am eligible, but they refused to provide me with a reference letter containing all the information that CIC asks for. That is very frustrating, they only wanna put guaranteed hours which is 15 on the letter, but I work much more than that, and the don’t have annual salary, cause they said my hours fluctuated, they couldn’t estimate, and they refused to put my job duties on it, they attached another PDF with all job positions’ duties on it. I am very very frustrated with TD. And anyone who wants to immigrate to Canada never choose TD as your job, it is not worth it, not only because of immigration stuff, even one of my colleagues is working full time, just because she was hiring as part time, they don’t even wanna help her to get an ohip card. They are very very very unsupportive.

Fabiog

Mar 22, 2017
Hello,

I work at TD bank as a bank teller, with the new pathways to PR, I’m technically able to apply for PR. But one thing is that TD refused to provide an eligible employment reference letter. They provide me with a letter which is more for an apartment renting application, and I talked to HR, almost get the same response. And they said they were only able to put I work 15hours a week.But the thing is I worked 20 hours a week for the first 4 months, then I work more than 30 hours now, I have enough hours, and they don’t wanna put my annual salary on it, even for estimation. I am wondering anyone who worked or is working at TD has the same situation, and how did you guys resolve it?
Hi,
If they can write that you can work 15 hours per week then they should be able to write that you worked 15 hours during xxx weeks, 20 hours over xxx weeks and currently 30+ hours.
The hours should be mentioned on your payslip as well, so I would submit the payslips which add up to 1560 hours and also your T4 letter.

meiyou147

Star Member
Nov 29, 2019
Hi,
If they can write that you can work 15 hours per week then they should be able to write that you worked 15 hours during xxx weeks, 20 hours over xxx weeks and currently 30+ hours.
The hours should be mentioned on your payslip as well, so I would submit the payslips which add up to 1560 hours and also your T4 letter.
I can attach all of my pay slips, that is not a problem, they said they would never put any hours more than my guaranteed hours, cause they said employees could sue them without giving me those extra hours, I was like I’m only confirming my history, I’m not asking for promising my future. They are just being ridiculous

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
I can attach all of my pay slips, that is not a problem, they said they would never put any hours more than my guaranteed hours, cause they said employees could sue them without giving me those extra hours, I was like I’m only confirming my history, I’m not asking for promising my future. They are just being ridiculous
It’s not just TD. I’m classified as permanent part time 27.5/week, however I’m always scheduled for 37.5, but the key point is that I’m not GUARANTEED 37.5, only 27.5

Reactions: Lolly smiles

bryndog1950

Star Member
Dec 14, 2020
Do you have anything in writing from HR explaining their policy? You could attach any correspondence from them, as well as your payslips and T4 and a Letter of Explanation.

meiyou147

Star Member
Nov 29, 2019
Do you have anything in writing from HR explaining their policy? You could attach any correspondence from them, as well as your payslips and T4 and a Letter of Explanation.
Nope, but I will email them to actually get an email that they can’t issue me a reference letter with all of the elements that CIC asks for. Cause as far as I know, LOE might work, but that depends on the immigration officer. Cause any absence of key points in reference letter could lead to an application rejection

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
How did you deal with that? Just work more weeks to make everything safe?
I just work the hours assigned. However in my situation I don’t have to accept 37.5 hrs assigned , I can , in my work area only work the hours I’m guaranteed . If I tell HR moving forward I want to only work 27.5, then I’m only scheduled 27.5. But because I work in an extremely busy company, I’ll typically agree to work more hours to help out my team

quang940805

Jun 27, 2018
same here, i was hired as part time TD since aug 2019 and I mostly work over 30 hrs every week, the HR is suck, my manager want to help me but she have to follow the HR rule so there is not much she can help. The letter of employment only indicates my job title, when I started and my current hourly wage, they gave me another file that list the job duties of CEA among higher level role. I submitted all I can , include the letter, the paystubs and the file contains job duties, my T4 and NOA. I hope the officer will consider our circumstances

meiyou147

Star Member
Nov 29, 2019
same here, i was hired as part time TD since aug 2019 and I mostly work over 30 hrs every week, the HR is suck, my manager want to help me but she have to follow the HR rule so there is not much she can help. The letter of employment only indicates my job title, when I started and my current hourly wage, they gave me another file that list the job duties of CEA among higher level role. I submitted all I can , include the letter, the paystubs and the file contains job duties, my T4 and NOA. I hope the officer will consider our circumstances
Yes! We are not apply for an apartment, we are applying for immigration, they even told me to persuade the government, I was like are you serious? I can’t even persuade the company that I am working for, how can you expect me to persuade the government?

meiyou147

Star Member
Nov 29, 2019
Yes! We are not apply for an apartment, we are applying for immigration, they even told me to persuade the government, I was like are you serious? I can’t even persuade the company that I am working for, how can you expect me to persuade the government?
But I think it would be better if you contact HR directly, cause they could give you an employment reference letter with more information on it, like location of work, something like that

mikeyvr

Mar 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Appeal won Sept 2010
File Transfer...
16-11- 2010
Med's Request
Doc request Dec 2010
Med's Done....
15-02-2011
Thank you! I am eligible, but they refused to provide me with a reference letter containing all the information that CIC asks for. That is very frustrating, they only wanna put guaranteed hours which is 15 on the letter, but I work much more than that, and the don’t have annual salary, cause they said my hours fluctuated, they couldn’t estimate, and they refused to put my job duties on it, they attached another PDF with all job positions’ duties on it. I am very very frustrated with TD. And anyone who wants to immigrate to Canada never choose TD as your job, it is not worth it, not only because of immigration stuff, even one of my colleagues is working full time, just because she was hiring as part time, they don’t even wanna help her to get an ohip card. They are very very very unsupportive.
Seems like you are hired as a part tome
Employee and that’s the reason they are refusing to provide you with a different letter , in their system / their records you are guaranteed a minimum of 15 hours. Change your status to full time and u won’t have an issue getting the letter.

working for a huge corporation Can be a problem sometimes as they have to follow the rules.

yes you can be working 20,30, even overtime .. but if anything was to change they can reduce your hours any day to a minimum 15 hours as that’s what they guarantee.

i don’t work for TD , I used to work for BMO Bank of Montreal years ago.

meiyou147

Star Member
Nov 29, 2019
Seems like you are hired as a part tome
Employee and that’s the reason they are refusing to provide you with a different letter , in their system / their records you are guaranteed a minimum of 15 hours. Change your status to full time and u won’t have an issue getting the letter.

working for a huge corporation Can be a problem sometimes as they have to follow the rules.

yes you can be working 20,30, even overtime .. but if anything was to change they can reduce your hours any day to a minimum 15 hours as that’s what they guarantee.

i don’t work for TD , I used to work for BMO Bank of Montreal years ago.
And I have to wait until the end of August to apply for immigration to accumulate enough hours, lol, can I actually attach my pay stubs to show I have already had enough hours?