+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

anyone who had a removal order prier to becoming a permanent resident

soul2017

Apr 29, 2017
hi there, i am about to file for my citizenship, 10 years ago i filed for refuge case and i was denied but left canada right after , but i didnot notify the government that im leaving cuz i didnot know. so when i filed my permenant residancy i learned that i have a removal order from canada so when i landed in canada they canceled the warrant . so just wondering does this has any affect on my citizenship application ?anyone with smilier situation please advice , thanks

imran01

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
do you have PR Card still

andersonhc

Feb 2, 2017
soul2017 said:
hi there, i am about to file for my citizenship, 10 years ago i filed for refuge case and i was denied but left canada right after , but i didnot notify the government that im leaving cuz i didnot know. so when i filed my permenant residancy i learned that i have a removal order from canada so when i landed in canada they canceled the warrant . so just wondering does this has any affect on my citizenship application ?anyone with smilier situation please advice , thanks
If it didn't stop you from obtaining PR probably won't stop you from obtaining citizenship either.
Just don't lie. Tell exactly what happened and why.

cprak0

May 25, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21-05-2011
The OP has said that the warrant for the removal was cancelled upon landing as a PR probably because the warrant for
removal was redundant... so it should be all OK. All in the past. Not a ghost to worry about. The citizenship application
should not be affected on this account. Security clearances may take long, may be but that's about it, IMHO..

soul2017

Apr 29, 2017
Thank you guys . I was just wondering . I have been in Canada for 4 years everything is in order . My presense in Canada except leaving outside the country for a couple of weeks for vacation . But it was just a question that they would delay or that removal order will affect negatively on my citizenship application .

Farhana47

Apr 7, 2021
Hi have you received your citizenship?