+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone who got the test in Victoria lastweek(14th~18th of May)?

sephiroth

Oct 11, 2017
I got the test on 15th and at the interview, officer told me that I can choose to have the ceremony in Vancouver instead of Victoria since the ircc officers don't come to victoria so often.
and he gave me an information sheet about that which has the vancouver office look like email address on it.
so I tried to contact, sent many email messages and no answer so far. :(
just wonder if anyone is in the same situation? or does this sound normal?

NeonYellow

May 9, 2018
I got the test on 15th and at the interview, officer told me that I can choose to have the ceremony in Vancouver instead of Victoria since the ircc officers don't come to victoria so often.
and he gave me an information sheet about that which has the vancouver office look like email address on it.
It's not out of the norm to go to Vancouver to finalize immigration paperwork. I used to live in Victoria and had a friend who had her first interview and doc submission for her refugee application there, but had to go to Vancouver for a hearing with an immigration official/judge to present her case....but the interview was set up by the officer in Victoria. Not sure why they didn't do that for you. How long has it been since you emailed them?

Reactions: sephiroth

NeonYellow

May 9, 2018
Here's a probable better solution ...
Call CIC and explain your situation to an agent and ask him/her to leave a note in your file for the officer responsible for processing it, that you're willing to go to Vancouver for a possible earlier oath rather than wait for a much later one on the island (because of infrequent scheduling...and that's a valid reason). I am quite sure it'll work. I've put in a request like that before regarding my PR and they transferred my file to an office slightly further away from me; they had space and were able to take me in right away...if hopping on the ferry for Van city is not an issue, give this strategy a go. I hope this works out for you and do an update, if you can. :).
Btw, where about in Vic are you? I used to live a short distance from Camosun College on Foul Bay and then in the Oak Bay area.

sssnv

Feb 3, 2014
I gave the test in Victoria on 14th May. The officer gave me a few dates in Vancouver to choose from. However, I haven't heard back yet.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

It's not out of the norm to go to Vancouver to finalize immigration paperwork. I used to live in Victoria and had a friend who had her first interview and doc submission for her refugee application there, but had to go to Vancouver for a hearing with an immigration official/judge to present her case....but the interview was set up by the officer in Victoria. Not sure why they didn't do that for you. How long has it been since you emailed them?
1. That was then, this now. The Immigration/Citizenship in Victoria and Nanaimo have been closed for a while. Only Itinerant services.

sephiroth

Oct 11, 2017
Here's a probable better solution ...
Call CIC and explain your situation to an agent and ask him/her to leave a note in your file for the officer responsible for processing it, that you're willing to go to Vancouver for a possible earlier oath rather than wait for a much later one on the island (because of infrequent scheduling...and that's a valid reason). I am quite sure it'll work. I've put in a request like that before regarding my PR and they transferred my file to an office slightly further away from me; they had space and were able to take me in right away...if hopping on the ferry for Van city is not an issue, give this strategy a go. I hope this works out for you and do an update, if you can. :).
Btw, where about in Vic are you? I used to live a short distance from Camosun College on Foul Bay and then in the Oak Bay area.
thank you for your advice. ok here some update. I called CIC this morning. explained what situation i am in now and I wanna leave a note for the officer responsible. and they told me they can leave a note that I just called. not the detail like i want to attend the oath in Vancouver. however they offered me the fax number of the vancouver itierant office. so I went to monk office to send the fax that I am waiting for the email. but it turned out the fax number was wrong. the dial kept disconnecting. I tried calling few times more to talk with cic, but they didn't even let me line up becuz of high volume of waiting line. so i googled vancouver itinerant office fax number online. it was really hard. and I had to work today as well.
somehow, I found 5~6 fax numbers which look like Vancouver office fax number. but everything didn't work except 2 of them.
but 1 was different office(it was hornby street one, i had to contact with expo blvd one.) and the other one was also not clear.
so I am just waiting and thinking about call back to cic on monday.
thank you for your advice anyway. I used to live in Oakbay too. visited save on food often on foul bay. now I live in JamesBay though. :)

sephiroth

Oct 11, 2017
I gave the test in Victoria on 14th May. The officer gave me a few dates in Vancouver to choose from. However, I haven't heard back yet.
I think we are in the exactly the same page. looks like the email address on the sheet is incorrect, eh?
unless they should answer by now since they have to put us on the oath schedule in June, and they mentioned we need to let them know at least a month before the oath date.

sssnv

Feb 3, 2014
I think we are in the exactly the same page. looks like the email address on the sheet is incorrect, eh?
unless they should answer by now since they have to put us on the oath schedule in June, and they mentioned we need to let them know at least a month before the oath date.
Sorry I just saw this. I didn't have to email anyone. The lady gave me a list of dates and I told her June 22 would work for me. I got the oath invite today for June 22.
I hope you receive an email soon if you haven't already

sephiroth

Oct 11, 2017
Sorry I just saw this. I didn't have to email anyone. The lady gave me a list of dates and I told her June 22 would work for me. I got the oath invite today for June 22.
I hope you receive an email soon if you haven't already
i just got the invitation letter too. thanks!

AK171

Apr 6, 2017
Victoria
App. Filed.......
07-09-2018
Hi, I am applying from Victoria. Do we have any forum where you guys can share your timelines ?

Jul 5, 2017
Hi everyone, I live in Victoria, and about to apply for my citienship.seems that the processing time for Victoria applicants are very long. wondering if it is ok for me to travel to Vancouver to take the test and the oath. And at what point will i be asked about my choice of test venue?