+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone who gave citizenship test in FRENCH?

Michels

Nov 20, 2011
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi

I sat for the eTEF (Test d'evaluation de Francais) in Montreal.
By the time I was allowed to apply for citizenship, the Harper government enforced the language requirements rules and we had to provide solid proof, this creatid a jam and test sittings rush.. as the eTEF was faster to book a seat for than the english CELPIP (1 week to sit in Montreal back then vs 3 month for the CELPIP ) , I booked it and went for the test than to know to my surprise that it would take at least 4 weeks for France to assess and respond with a certificate! and 6-8 week on average
Since I had to apply sooner than later as the backlog was growing on average by 2 month for every 1 month delay by then.. I found a seat for the CELPIP in Halifax that was 2 weeks away and the results would be immediate.. thanks to my Aircanada miles I flew there for the test and back the same day and applied back in September 2013. The TEF results came in a few weeks later. and the application was returned regardless for Kids school certificates copies (that were not mentioned in the application as I was not applying for them.. then I knew they had a trend to reject applications for any reasons in order to streamline the statistics..)

Whatever.. below are the links for the TEF and CELPIP

http://www.francais.cci-paris-idf.fr/tef-et-etef/
http://www.celpiptest.ca/

For the experience, I would say the TEF is more demanding and involves human interaction with testers.. while the CELPIP was fully a computer based test.
For the French there were 2 parts, a discussion plus expression dialogue and a sitting over the computer test for reading and listening + comprehension.
I do not recall all the details, but bottom line it is to assess your levels of fluency, thus you do not need to prepare at all..

For the English test the funny part that there was a family of Scottish immigrants passing the test.. as the law is the law and they had to provide a letter stating they can speak English

novembre2013

Star Member
Sep 1, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-10-2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
16-10-2014
tiarachel85 said:
NO FRENCH SPEAKERS IN THIS COUNTRY??? STRANGE !!!
hello
what do you want to know? I passed the test in french.

tiarachel85

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
novembre2013 said:
hello
merci pour la réponse.

je veux savoir comment a été votre expérience. Quelles questions ont été posées par l'intervieweur?

tiarachel85

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Michels said:
Hi

I sat for the eTEF (Test d'evaluation de Francais) in Montreal.
By the time I was allowed to apply for citizenship, the Harper government enforced the language requirements rules and we had to provide solid proof, this creatid a jam and test sittings rush.. as the eTEF was faster to book a seat for than the english CELPIP (1 week to sit in Montreal back then vs 3 month for the CELPIP ) , I booked it and went for the test than to know to my surprise that it would take at least 4 weeks for France to assess and respond with a certificate! and 6-8 week on average
Since I had to apply sooner than later as the backlog was growing on average by 2 month for every 1 month delay by then.. I found a seat for the CELPIP in Halifax that was 2 weeks away and the results would be immediate.. thanks to my Aircanada miles I flew there for the test and back the same day and applied back in September 2013. The TEF results came in a few weeks later. and the application was returned regardless for Kids school certificates copies (that were not mentioned in the application as I was not applying for them.. then I knew they had a trend to reject applications for any reasons in order to streamline the statistics..)

Whatever.. below are the links for the TEF and CELPIP

http://www.francais.cci-paris-idf.fr/tef-et-etef/
http://www.celpiptest.ca/

For the experience, I would say the TEF is more demanding and involves human interaction with testers.. while the CELPIP was fully a computer based test.
For the French there were 2 parts, a discussion plus expression dialogue and a sitting over the computer test for reading and listening + comprehension.
I do not recall all the details, but bottom line it is to assess your levels of fluency, thus you do not need to prepare at all..

For the English test the funny part that there was a family of Scottish immigrants passing the test.. as the law is the law and they had to provide a letter stating they can speak English
Thank you for the reply dear !

diniga

Star Member
Aug 22, 2013
tiarachel85 said:
merci pour la réponse.

je veux savoir comment a été votre expérience. Quelles questions ont été posées par l'intervieweur?
Bonjour

Je pense que les questions posées dépendent fortement du dossier. Mais en général, l'agente de CIC m'a posé hier les questions suivantes :
- Combien de fois as tu voyagé?
- Qu'est ce tu fais maintenant? (boulot)
- As tu changé d'adresse?
- Combien d'enfants as tu?
- Avec qui tu vis actuellement?
Des questions vraiment simple. elle lisait mon dossier et me posait des questions exactement sur le dossier pour savoir si je suis bien la personne qui a appliqué.
l'entrevue a duré entre 5 à 7 min.

tiarachel85

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
diniga said:
Bonjour

Je pense que les questions posées dépendent fortement du dossier. Mais en général, l'agente de CIC m'a posé hier les questions suivantes :
- Combien de fois as tu voyagé?
- Qu'est ce tu fais maintenant? (boulot)
- As tu changé d'adresse?
- Combien d'enfants as tu?
- Avec qui tu vis actuellement?
Des questions vraiment simple. elle lisait mon dossier et me posait des questions exactement sur le dossier pour savoir si je suis bien la personne qui a appliqué.
l'entrevue a duré entre 5 à 7 min.
MERCI BEAUCOUP!!!

tiarachel85

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
novembre2013 said:
hello
merci pour la réponse.

h3a3j6

Mar 31, 2014
Montréal
Idem,

Questions très directes, et très simples. La dame était fort polie et très professionnelle :

- Racontez moi votre parcours depuis votre arrivée.
- Ou habitiez-vous pendant les quatre dernières années ?
- En quoi consiste votre travail ?
- Où et quand avez-vous voyagé ? Pour quel but ?

Bonne experience en general.

Aussi, les questions du test sont extrêmement simples. 2-3 lectures "calmes" du guide doivent être suffisantes pour avoir une note maximale (J'ai décroché un 20/20 en 3 minutes pile).

Bon courage pour la suite.