+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone who completed entire course from Home Country online and got PR points for Education?

Dimensionless

Jan 9, 2021
Hi, since IRCC has said that we will get PGWP even if studied from outside Canada till 31 Dec 2021.
I am appearing only for a single program (8 months - 2 sems) and then plan to apply for PR since i have 4 yrs of work exp. So my program duration will be Sep'21 to Apr'22.

My question is that If i study outside canada till 31 dec 2021, will I get my CRS points for PR?
Is there anyone who got PR points for education even after completing the entire program online from home country.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
No, you will not get PR points for your education if you completed more than half of it outside Canada. You would still however be eligible for PGWP provided you didn't violate any of your SP conditions.

Reactions: Aesopzai

Dimensionless

Jan 9, 2021
Thanks for the update, however, continuing till dec would be exactly half, not more than half of the total classes, it would still won't be eligible for PR points?

infinitrix

Apr 22, 2021
hey! given the fact that IRCC has eased the rules for Intl students studying from home country for PGWP, is it still sure they won't the study CRS points if they continue to study from home till Dec for a 8 month course (Sep 21 - Apr 22)?

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
hey! given the fact that IRCC has eased the rules for Intl students studying from home country for PGWP, is it still sure they won't the study CRS points if they continue to study from home till Dec for a 8 month course (Sep 21 - Apr 22)?
The discussions above yours happened this week. No changes in the CRS policy. The change in pgwp has been in force for over a year already.

fritchou

Jan 21, 2019
Tunisia
it will be so hard with the FSW draws since it has been paused for a while and the current pool is huge. you won't qualify for CEC until you get 1 year of Canadian experience. CEC is the fastest and easiest way with less stress.