not required
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
6 september 2016
Hello

I am receiving emails from CIC, regarding updates to my account. I understand that my application is being processes as i read about the same situation in this forum.
Can anyone tell me about when will they send me the passport request . I applied on 12 July, 2016 for september intake, Uploaded all my documents (medical etc. upfront on 12 July itself)

Thank you

katandcanada

Dec 31, 2015
Im still in the admission process and it's taking forever I guess because I selected winter '17 student , I'm not sure but I'm kinda scared that CIc might take even longer

dzoni100

May 30, 2016
Applied on June 11th for study permit from US. Still no news from CIC. Received couple e-mails from CIC that application was read, but they did not make decision yet. Please let me know if it's taking this long for anyone else who applied from US.

fcabrales

Star Member
Oct 9, 2014
Hello dzoni100!
I applied on June 1st from USA. I got medical request on July 21, medical results passed in the system on August 8, and no updates so far. I know it is frustrating not knowing anything, they dont reply to e-mails or anything, and the processing time shown in the website is completely incorrect. From what I have read, it usually takes around 3 months to get the study permit from LA office. They usually issue study permits by the end of August if the start date is in Fall.

Did you have to undergo a medical exam?

fairlytuff

Star Member
Aug 19, 2016
Visa Office......
LA visa office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 July 2016
Doc's Request.
26 august 2016
IELTS Request
not required
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
6 september 2016
fcabrales said:
Hello dzoni100!
I applied on June 1st from USA. I got medical request on July 21, medical results passed in the system on August 8, and no updates so far. I know it is frustrating not knowing anything, they dont reply to e-mails or anything, and the processing time shown in the website is completely incorrect. From what I have read, it usually takes around 3 months to get the study permit from LA office. They usually issue study permits by the end of August if the start date is in Fall.

Did you have to undergo a medical exam?
Hello fcabrales
I applied online for study permit on 12 july, I uploaded my medical upfront i.e. on 12 july itself.
I received blank update email from CIC on 19 august but there was no actual update in my account.
No update was received after that . My classes start from 6 september. No clue where this is going

dzoni100

May 30, 2016
Hello fcabrales,
Thanks for reply! They didn't ask me for medical exam at all. Do you think that it's good to get one just to have it? How much does it cost since I know that you have to get it from specific physician?
Also the thing here is that my fiance is applying for study permit and I am applying for work permit as common in law. Did you hear if that delays process?

fcabrales

Star Member
Oct 9, 2014
dzoni100 said:
Hello fcabrales,
Thanks for reply! They didn't ask me for medical exam at all. Do you think that it's good to get one just to have it? How much does it cost since I know that you have to get it from specific physician?
Also the thing here is that my fiance is applying for study permit and I am applying for work permit as common in law. Did you hear if that delays process?
I think if you have lived in the US for more than 6 months in the previous year they can waive your medicals. Probably that is why they have not asked. Sincerely I have no idea if your application can be delayed because of that.
Does she intent to start her study program in fall?

dzoni100

May 30, 2016
fcabrales said:
We are on the same situation. I would say all study permits will come by the end of the month.
Cabrales, could you post once you receive decision from cic?

Thanks!

a_player2000

Aug 25, 2016
Hey there everyone. I applied from the Caribbean. (St. Lucia to be exact). I can relate to your posts because my study permit is also being processed at the CIC office in canada. I applied for SP for myself and open work permit for my wife on June 7. Strangely my wife OWP was approved about 5 weeks ago but i still have not received any updates for my study permit.

I am really uneasy now and i really hope it gets processed soon!!

i called the CIC office in canada and i received automated message. It says that "applications that were received online after June 28 is NOT YET being processed". So to me this also means that those received before this date should have already been processed on is being processed.

Good luck friends

fcabrales

Star Member
Oct 9, 2014
Surprisingly, LA replied to one of my e-mails today:

Dear Applicant,

Your medical results are in and your on-line application was forwarded to the Immigration Officer for finalization.

Visa Section

My medical results were passed almost 3 weeks ago. So far, 12 weeks processing time.