+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone Visited Dr. Francis Li in Toronto recently?

cupcakes

Jan 10, 2014
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
09-06-2014
Nomination.....
04-06-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2015
Med's Request
30-01-2015
Med's Done....
31-01-2015
Passport Req..
05-15-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-25-2015
LANDED..........
06-15-2015
Bumping this up...has anyone been to Dr Francis Li recently?

Also, in the IMM1017e form, there is a space for a photo to be attached (it says must be taken within 6 months of medical exam). Is this necessary, or because Francis Li (supposedly) has eMedical, it isn't?

joyous

Star Member
Sep 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-08-2014
AOR Received.
15-01-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
29-01-2015
Med's Done....
31-01-2015
LANDED..........
In-land applicant
I personally wouldn't go there. I had a physical exam and he put his hand down my pants with no warning whatsoever. I was shocked. It was very unprofessional.

Also, very disorganized, papers and forms everywhere. Shouting and rude receptionist. Also didn't feel it was very clean for a clinic.

Now I am nervous my e-medical is not filed properly or a huge delay in them uploading it, because I did it more than 2 wks ago and it is not received and updated on ECAS.

I would go somewhere else just to have that peace of mind of knowing it will be done and filed in a timely and professional manner.

maple leafs

Sep 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-08-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
it's been a month since i took the medical exam with Francis Li.

Is the anyway that i can confirm they uploaded my e-medical?

I haven't received anything yet.

And the thing is that on the exam day, they put wrong passport number and wrong passport expiry date.
So i visited again to fix it..................

I feel so worried that my e-medical have some problem because of them..

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
maple leafs said:

And the thing is that on the exam day, they put wrong passport number and wrong passport expiry date.

Once the medical results are received by CIC, ECAS will be updated to reflect the change.

Toronto2013

Jul 18, 2013
maple leafs said:

You can email the UMI document to CIC and ask for confirmation.

cooold

Star Member
Oct 7, 2014
I did my medicals last year December 2nd and i didn't find anything wrong about the clinic. I can say it was not what i expected a clinic to be but i was in hurry. I went early morning during weekdays as no appointment was required and got everything done in approx 45 mins. My status on E-CAS for medicals received was updated on December 6th.

cupcakes

Jan 10, 2014
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
09-06-2014
Nomination.....
04-06-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2015
Med's Request
30-01-2015
Med's Done....
31-01-2015
Passport Req..
05-15-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-25-2015
LANDED..........
06-15-2015
maple leafs said:

Check ECAS. What is the status, is it "Application Received"? Click on this link, and you will see if there is something that says "Medical results have been received."

It took me about 3-4 weeks before I saw the status change on ECAS, I also went to Dr Francis Li.

Toronto2013

Jul 18, 2013
cupcakes said:
Check ECAS. What is the status, is it "Application Received"? Click on this link, and you will see if there is something that says "Medical results have been received."

It took me about 3-4 weeks before I saw the status change on ECAS, I also went to Dr Francis Li.
I also went to the same doctor in March 2014. My ECAS got updated after 11months in Feb,2015. In the meanwhile, I had sent an email to CIC with my UMI copy in May 2014 and they confirmed the receipt of the medicals. But ECAS never got updated.

maple leafs

Sep 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-08-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
cupcakes said:

I've checked ECAS many times.. not updated.

And i forgot to tell you that my medical exam is upfront, so i do not have UMI.
My expected MR request is this coming April, but I did it last month due to personal circumstance.

Is that the reason why i cannot see that on my ECAS? When is gonna be updated?

joyous

Star Member
Sep 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-08-2014
AOR Received.
15-01-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
29-01-2015
Med's Done....
31-01-2015
LANDED..........
In-land applicant
Just don't go on a Saturday it is packed and it is haphazard.

katja2684

Jan 31, 2015
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Worse experience with Dr.Li, I'll never go back.
The receptionists are the rudest people I ever met, they messed up my passport issue date and didn't want to fix it on the upfront information sheet.
The receptionist hung up on me this morning when I called to ask about my results since 2 weeks have passed. I left a voicemail for the doctor and she called me back shortly just to tell me that she'll be very busy and cannot promise my results will be sent out to me by the end of this week.
Their Chinese accent is horrible and they talk so fast that I could grasp half of each sentence.
My advice-don't go there, this doctor deserves to be taken off the list of panel physicians for immigration.

AlexelleHypatia

Mar 18, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2014
Nomination.....
12-05-2014
AOR Received.
17-03-2015
File Transfer...
12-05-2015
Med's Request
08-05-2015
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
Passport Req..
23-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2015 PPR&DM: 23-06-2015 IP: 21-06-2015
LANDED..........
10-07-2015
Got my medical request last Friday. Went to Dr. Li's clinic for the medical exam this morning (Tuesday). All in all, it's a pleasant experience.

Time: 1 Hour 20 Minutes (including the waiting time)
Payment: $200 in cash at the clinic
$60 in cash at the X-Ray place

The clinic is right next to the Pape Station. I arrived at 9:00. It's not very busy during that hour. Two middle-aged ladies were working behind the receptionist counter. One of the ladies handed me a clipboard with a form to fill out and two instruction sheets to read- "Read them before filling out the form". I filled out the form and chatted with a girl sitting beside me. She was also waiting to take the immigration medical exam. I could see there were 5 people in front of me. But I could also see the receptionists/nurses were being very straightforward and efficient. The waiting time was with 10 minutes.

-->Showed them my identification and signed my name on some document. -->Got photos taken on the side of the receptionist counter (If you are wearing eyeglasses, you have to take them off for the photo.) --> The receptionist/nurse (who took my photo) handed me a urine sample bottle. Took the bottle. Got the sample in the bathroom. Left the sample in a sample container. --> Paid the exam fee $200 (including the $30 for a paper copy of the test results)

-->Got sent to the basement of the Pharmacy building next door. --> Paid $60 for the X-Ray. (The X-Ray lady is super nice. It looks like she is a Filipino. She's willing to pick up some instant Chinese on the spot so that she could communicate with a couple of non-English speaking Chinese waiting in front of me. I'm very impressed.) It didn't take long. Since I was wearing a button shirt, I had to take it off and wear a paper gown. I am considering making my own paper gown with a few sheet of kitchen towel...when I am running out of clean clothes to wear on a laundry day.

-->Went back to the clinic. Got weight and height done. Right away I got my blood work done in a room.(The photo lady was taking my blood sample. I asked whether the blood was enough. She joked that in theory it's not. I pretended to be in a shock. She laughed and responded,"I am kidding you. Don't worry. It's fine.")
--> Waited for a few minutes. Saw Dr. Li. He looks very professional and efficient. It took only 5 or 7 minutes for the examination. At the end of the examination, "I am giving you an A grade," Dr. Li said. I replied, "Good job,Dr. Li. Two thumb-ups for you, as well." (I feel like a dork.)

They said if the results come out before this Friday, they will get them uploaded on Friday. Next Tuesday the submission to CIC will be done. I am keeping fingers crossed.

Kothem

Star Member
Jun 12, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2014-06-11
AOR Received.
2014-07-23
Med's Request
2015-02-03
Med's Done....
2015-02-14
Passport Req..
2016-09-02
VISA ISSUED...
2016-23-02
LANDED..........
2016-05-03
No matter what (due to long wait for appointments, etc.,) most of the people staying in&around Toronto down town area will end up having medical exam with Dr. Li only. I too did my medicals there and my experience was very pleasant. Only thing is, you have to wait for maximum 2 weeks (could be less than that depending on their availability) to get your results uploaded. Since it is a walking clinic, plan to start your day a bit early at the clinic so that you don't have a long wait.

All the best!!!

Dimadima

Jan 27, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-06-2014
Doc's Request.
No
AOR Received.
18-07-2014
Med's Request
08-07-2015
Med's Done....
11-07-2015
Passport Req..
28-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
04-08-2015
LANDED..........
1-09-2015
I'm waiting 2 weeks - quiet
No updates

k3ndy

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As mentioned previously, expect the visit to be long with lots of loud volume talk by the chinese ladies. They are very friendly though and are always fast-paced because it is I think, the only walk-in clinic in Toronto. Other places told me there were wait times of over 2 weeks.

Overall, it was good. Got a copy of my E-Medical in the mail shortly after also.

Highly recommend - just go early