+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone that had their landing interview at Etobicoke office? Time frame?

SamHom

Oct 5, 2015
How long did it take for you to get landing letter after DM? (Etobicoke only).

I just got my DM. It says it's been completed and that the Etobicoke office will get back to be in regards to the finalization of the application. Now I just have to wait for landing letter.

I've been told that Etobicoke can be slow in when it comes to this, and that it can take a month, possibly more. That's why I would like to know how long it took for other people at this specific office.

Thanks

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/inland-landing-interview-at-cic-etobicoke-today-t190228.15.html

Maybe they're getting faster now, but...it's still one of the worst offices.

Just to confirm...your DM was emailed to your lawyer, correct?

SamHom

Oct 5, 2015
Ponga said:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/inland-landing-interview-at-cic-etobicoke-today-t190228.15.html

Maybe they're getting faster now, but...it's still one of the worst offices.

Just to confirm...your DM was emailed to your lawyer, correct?
Thanks! What makes you think they're faster now?

That is correct. Why?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SamHom said:
Thanks! What makes you think they're faster now?

That is correct. Why?
Just curious.

Maybe you should take a look at the 2014 Inland spreadsheet and see if you can get an idea of how long it takes Etobicoke, on average, to schedule the appointment.

Or...just wait patiently for your lawyer to tell you when they have received your landing letter. LOL!

SamHom

Oct 5, 2015
Ponga said:
Just curious.

Maybe you should take a look at the 2014 Inland spreadsheet and see if you can get an idea of how long it takes Etobicoke, on average, to schedule the appointment.

Or...just wait patiently for your lawyer to tell you when they have received your landing letter. LOL!
I will be checking ecas more or less every day, because I guess it would update and say another letter has been sent once they send landing right?

Where can I find this spreadsheet?

SamHom

Oct 5, 2015
Ponga said:
Just curious.

I found so the spread sheet.

Do you (or anyone) know if when CIC sends the landing letter, will it update on ecas to inform me that another letter has been sent on certain date, just like it said the DM letter had been sent?

I can't call my lawyer every day but I do not trust them in informing me whether they have got a letter or not since they did not inform me about the DM letter.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SamHom said:
I found so the spread sheet.

Do you (or anyone) know if when CIC sends the landing letter, will it update on ecas to inform me that another letter has been sent on certain date, just like it said the DM letter had been sent?

I can't call my lawyer every day but I do not trust them in informing me whether they have got a letter or not since they did not inform me about the DM letter.
AFAIK, there will not be an update that says your landing letter has been sent. Unfortunately, as I've already said, it's a waiting game.

SamHom

Oct 5, 2015
Ponga said:
AFAIK, there will not be an update that says your landing letter has been sent. Unfortunately, as I've already said, it's a waiting game.
Dang! That would mean that I will have to call my lawyer more or less every day in order to make sure that they won't receive the letter, not inform me, and then I miss the appointment. Was hoping ecas would say once it's been sent like with other letters.

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have been waiting nearly 4 weeks so far... Had DM on September 19th.

The wait is killing me.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
I don't know what the wait times are for landing letters with Etobicoke, however, I received my landing letter directly from the office where I landed. It did not go to our 'representative'. I don't know if that is how it works for everyone or not, but that is what happened with me. If it goes beyond say, 30 days, I would just call the call center and see if they can 'push' Etobicoke to schedule you.

SamHom

Oct 5, 2015
Alurra71 said:
I don't know what the wait times are for landing letters with Etobicoke, however, I received my landing letter directly from the office where I landed. It did not go to our 'representative'. I don't know if that is how it works for everyone or not, but that is what happened with me. If it goes beyond say, 30 days, I would just call the call center and see if they can 'push' Etobicoke to schedule you.
I wonder if that's something I should try to do already? Maybe they will just want as few people as possible to call and then just "push" me through? (Without admitting it of course)

SamHom

Oct 5, 2015
Jamesdavid3 said:
Yes, everything has been sent to my lawyer so far during this whole process.
Have they been sufficient in contacting you as soon as they get a letter? I have noticed that my lawyer has not been, so it's very frustrating that I will have to call them several times a week to make sure they haven't recieved anything without notifying me.

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SamHom said:
Have they been sufficient in contacting you as soon as they get a letter? I have noticed that my lawyer has not been, so it's very frustrating that I will have to call them several times a week to make sure they haven't recieved anything without notifying me.
I always make sure to email my lawyer on a weekly basis and check for any updates but it always depends on the amount of people he's working on.

The shocking thing was that when I received my DM email it was in his Junk emails so he never saw it. When I heard some people on here said they received theirs in their Junk/Spam folder I made sure he checked and he found it... If I didn't tell him there was no way he would have checked, so I am also making sure he checks.

Normally on ECAS when it states that they have sent you a letter or acknowledgement on a date that means you should have received an email around that time, people get that confused with a physical letter unless they chose that option, its most likely in their Junk mailbox.