Anyone taken TEFAQ or TEF at Point3?

PowderedT0astMan

Star Member
Dec 22, 2022
Montreal
Category........
WP
Hi everyone,

I took my TEFAQ exam at Point3 in Montreal and got B2 on spoken and C1 on listening. I've already submitted my application under the PEQ stream, and completed the Values test.

Looking around a bit on this site, I've found some posts from 2017-2018 saying that MIFI was having some kind of issue with people who did their exams at Point3 and required them to be re-evaluated. This caused people's grades to be lowered from B2 to B1 (or lower), and then their applications were rejected.

I'm not even sure why that would happen TBH, since Point3 doesn't evaluate the test, it's the testing company in France.

Anyway, I'm hoping that was an isolated issue, but I'd love to hear if anyone else has taken the exam at Point3 in the last couple of years, and had a similar issue.

Merci!!!

Susan55R

Nov 7, 2022
(Translated by Google) Staff so friendly that you forget that you are coming to take an exam, I had c1 and c2 but I still have to retake the oral comprehension test since I did not have 533 points, I will retake my test in this same center, and I highly recommend it to you. official website
(Original) Personnel tellement aimable qu’on oublie qu’on vient pour passer un examen, J’ai eu des c1et c2 mais je dois encore repasser l’épreuve de la compréhension orale puisque je n’ai pas eu 533 points , je repasserai mon test dans ce même centre ,et je le vous recommande fortement .

PowderedT0astMan

Star Member
Dec 22, 2022
Montreal
Category........
WP
Thanks for your response! What level are you required to get for immigration? I just need B2, and my oral comprehension was 535 (C1) so I'm hoping I'll be fine.

Basher68

Star Member
Mar 10, 2017
Hi everyone,

I took my TEFAQ exam at Point3 in Montreal and got B2 on spoken and C1 on listening. I've already submitted my application under the PEQ stream, and completed the Values test.

Looking around a bit on this site, I've found some posts from 2017-2018 saying that MIFI was having some kind of issue with people who did their exams at Point3 and required them to be re-evaluated. This caused people's grades to be lowered from B2 to B1 (or lower), and then their applications were rejected.

I'm not even sure why that would happen TBH, since Point3 doesn't evaluate the test, it's the testing company in France.

Anyway, I'm hoping that was an isolated issue, but I'd love to hear if anyone else has taken the exam at Point3 in the last couple of years, and had a similar issue.

Merci!!!

Hi,

I did take the TEFAQ/ CO at Point 3 and it was accepted by the MIFI for PEQ-CSQ. It will be fine and no need to worry.

Best of luck.