+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone successfully renew PR after letting Immigration know you live abroad?

alasken

Star Member
Feb 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2011
Passport Req..
19-10-2011
LANDED..........
15-11-2011
It is time for me to renew my PR card (family category) and I have been doing research on how to do this while living abroad. I satisfy all my residency obligations but currently live abroad (with my sponsor), but was unsure how to deal with the question in the application form where they ask for your Canadian residential address. The conclusion of my research is that you have two alternatives:

Option A. Give them the residential address of a friend or relative in Canada.
Option B: Write a cover letter informing them that you currently live abroad and therefore do not have a Canadian residential address, but that you would be happy to receive mail correspondance to your friend/relative's address, and that you intend to move back to Canada in the near future.

As it is not an option for me to lie to the Immigration authorities I consider B as my only valid option. However, I am concerned that they will not accept this and that I am wasting my time with writing the application. Therefore I am wondering if anyone knows about the results of people who have chosen alternative B before me? Will this get automatically rejected or are they understanding in these situations?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

TANMEX

Dec 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alasken said:
It is time for me to renew my PR card (family category) and I have been doing research on how to do this while living abroad. I satisfy all my residency obligations but currently live abroad (with my sponsor), but was unsure how to deal with the question in the application form where they ask for your Canadian residential address. The conclusion of my research is that you have two alternatives:

Option A. Give them the residential address of a friend or relative in Canada.
Option B: Write a cover letter informing them that you currently live abroad and therefore do not have a Canadian residential address, but that you would be happy to receive mail correspondance to your friend/relative's address, and that you intend to move back to Canada in the near future.

As it is not an option for me to lie to the Immigration authorities I consider B as my only valid option. However, I am concerned that they will not accept this and that I am wasting my time with writing the application. Therefore I am wondering if anyone knows about the results of people who have chosen alternative B before me? Will this get automatically rejected or are they understanding in these situations?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
Give them a Canadian address where you want your card to be mailed out to , if you meet the residency obligations you don't need to worry about explaining to them .

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=065&top=10