+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone submit the visa application in Singapore in the DropBox

erencie

Apr 10, 2013
I took one half-day leave today to go to the High Commission of Canada today to submit my Study Permit Application. Since I enclose my husband's work permit application inside the same envelope, I was thinking of submitting it at the reception so that the officers could help me verify. But aft 1 hour of queueing, the receptionists told me that she couldn't verify documents for me :(. So in the end I still need to drop the envelope in the DropBox provided there.

Is there anyone in this forum, who has done a visa application submission in Singapore via that DropBox facility? (Any visa application such as Study Permit, Work Permit, Tourist Visa) .. How long did you guys wait before you hear anything from the high commission?

I want to know how long I should wait before I receive a response such as "hey, we've received your application and now we start processing it!"...At least one email, or one SMS, or one postal letter, would make my worrying heart feel a bit more settled.

flair

May 31, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6 Oct 2014
hi Erencie, please update us if you receive a reply from Singapore's visa office. I am also in the midst of applying for my study permit and my husband's work permit to SG's office. Might send in our application next week or so. Reading your post makes me slightly anxious now!

erencie

Apr 10, 2013
Hi Flair, nice to know that someone else is doing the same type of application as me.

Until today I haven't heard anything from the visa office since I dropped that envelope into the DropBox on this Wednesday. But after reading almost every page of the High Commission website in Singapore, I think such absence of response is normal.

I noticed that the instructions on the website keep emphasizing that applicants are strongly advised to just drop their application in the Dropbox or mail their application to the visa office. It also says that the visa office does not accept case enquiries on the progress of the application if it hasn't exceeded the official timeline. Also, on the website they mentioned that they would not contact the applicants at all unless they need extra documents from applicants or they want to inform them the results. Moreover, I called their office number and was re-directed to auto voice mode when I selected "visa enquiries".

So this means that I would not be able to receive any confirmation reply on whether the application is processed. According to the website, I should assume that my application is being processed normally now.

I guess that this is their style. The visa office does not want to waste time and human resources in answering enquiries from anxious applicants when those questions could be easily found from the website. I am guessing this is because the number of staffs is small and they want to be fully concentrated in processing the applications.

On that day when I went to the visa office, I forgot to ask the receptionist questions about the approximate timeline, such as "how long should an average applicant wait before the officers inform me that I should submit extra documents".

If you go to visa office next week, could you please help me ask this question and update me here? Thanks!

flair

May 31, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6 Oct 2014
Hi Erencie,

I was wondering if you have received a reply from the visa office? I submitted my study permit application in early May and this week they revert to me asking for my police clearance certificate. I'm really hoping this means good news. Hope yours is going well too. Did they ask you to submit a police cert too?

davidsingh

Jun 22, 2013
hi. i also apply my study permit frm canada embassy singapore by drop box. is there any confirmation letter that we have recieve ur document or any letter..pls reply thanks.

Brianlett

Jul 17, 2013
People who have delivered products anywhere in the world know that expenses often differ per delivery, but just how are these expenses applied? Well, worldwide delivery prices have many identifying aspects and prices of computation. Below are a few of the ways in which a package or delivery managing service will determine these worldwide emailing prices.
international shipping