Maybe an ignorant question, but like a lot of us in this forum, I live in Canada and commute to US for work. Will be eligible to apply for citizenship in a couple of months. I am not too keen on moving back as we love the quality of life here, however my son will be going to university in next couple of years and hence would like to get a GC so he can decide if he wants to go to a school in Canada or US. Our move decision would be based on him. Is it possible to apply for 485 with consular processing instead of AOS with my dates being current. I don't really care about EAD but don't want to give up on a GC opportunity if the dates have become current.