+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone recently get their AOR email for PR renewal? Online application returned as "incomplete"

Tonia62

May 18, 2021
My dad applied online for his PR card renewal mid-February.

On April 08th, he got a message on the portal saying that his application was returned as it was incomplete...the consent and declaration part wasn't filled out. However, it was otherwise he wouldn't be able to submit it initially. He redid that and now it says submitted on April 08th, 2023.

It's June and he still hasn't heard anything. I tried submitting a webform for them to call out a glitch in their system and they said they can't do anything without screenshots/proof of the glitch. Which is impossible now since it's submitted again.

This is so frustrating! Looking to see if anyone recently got their AOR and if you did when did you get it and when did you apply?

Has anyone else gotten this glitch as well?

Tonia62

May 18, 2021
yes, did you get any response do we need to submit again
After the second time, they finally said there was a problem with the photo. Which could have been cleared up right away if they had let him know. He ended up submitting a paper application and resubmitted the online one and the paper application turned out to be faster. They finally finished processing it and are going to mail it out soon, almost 8 months later.

Pla

Sep 19, 2011
After the second time, they finally said there was a problem with the photo. Which could have been cleared up right away if they had let him know. He ended up submitting a paper application and resubmitted the online one and the paper application turned out to be faster. They finally finished processing it and are going to mail it out soon, almost 8 months later.
but onile the accepted the photo. i tought if the photo no good they will not accept it

Tonia62

May 18, 2021
but onile the accepted the photo. i tought if the photo no good they will not accept it
Mine was accepted too initially, but still they found a problem with it after. The system can't flag specific things that a human can when they come around to checking it. Paper application is honestly the faster way to go.

Tonia62

May 18, 2021
Update. After giving up on the online system (which was initiated mid-February 2023), I decided to also mail in a paper application.

Here's the timeline:

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on June 16, 2023.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on August 3, 2023.
  3. We started processing your application on August 3, 2023.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on October 10, 2023.