+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone recently applied with Conditional offer letter (Confirmation of degree)

hir3

Star Member
Jan 20, 2016
Hello,

I have seen several people applying with a conditional offer letter and getting a visa. However, I cannot find anywhere written on CIC that supports this.

In fact, on most of the checklist, it says you should have an unconditional offer.

I have just received the provisional degree certificate. Deadline for India is 31 July. And university asks for the original/official copies by post. It will delay application by 2-3 weeks if I wait for it. Did anyone apply study permit with such condition? (while attaching the documents of the fulfilled conditions, ofcourse)

Can anyone point me where it is mentioned on CIC that you can apply with a conditional offer letter in such case?

hir3

Star Member
Jan 20, 2016
to add to my confusion, One consultant told that you cannot apply with conditional offer.

harvijay1001

May 23, 2016
App. Filed.......
27-10-2016
You can apply with a conditional letter.

See this page:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/students/letter.asp

hir3

Star Member
Jan 20, 2016
Hello,

thanks for the reply!

I went through that page previously.

Students may produce a conditional letter of acceptance indicating that they will be allowed to register at the institution upon successful completion of a prerequisite program.
I believe a prerequisite program is one where u have to do english or maths course or some other program. right?

jonsnow

Star Member
Jun 28, 2016
hir3 said:
Hello,

I have seen several people applying with a conditional offer letter and getting a visa. However, I cannot find anywhere written on CIC that supports this.

In fact, on most of the checklist, it says you should have an unconditional offer.

I have just received the provisional degree certificate. Deadline for India is 31 July. And university asks for the original/official copies by post. It will delay application by 2-3 weeks if I wait for it. Did anyone apply study permit with such condition? (while attaching the documents of the fulfilled conditions, ofcourse)

Can anyone point me where it is mentioned on CIC that you can apply with a conditional offer letter in such case?
I have applied for the study permit with a conditional offer letter

harvijay1001

May 23, 2016
App. Filed.......
27-10-2016
hir3 said:
Hello,

thanks for the reply!

I went through that page previously.

I believe a prerequisite program is one where u have to do english or maths course or some other program. right?
Yeah you got that right.

If your condition is only that your previous degree has been completed, then you shouldn't face an issue if you provide with your visa application sufficient proof that your degree is complete.

hir3

Star Member
Jan 20, 2016
jonsnow said:
I have applied for the study permit with a conditional offer letter
Hi! which country you are from? when u applied? and was the condition "confirmation of degree"? have u received your SP?

hir3

Star Member
Jan 20, 2016
harvijay1001 said:
Yeah you got that right.

If your condition is only that your previous degree has been completed, then you shouldn't face an issue if you provide with your visa application sufficient proof that your degree is complete.
Yes, I am applying with a conditional offer letter only as I dont want to delay it further.

But I have heard conficting reviews about whether you can apply with conditional letter or not. I have searched whole CIC website to confirm this. Anyways I have no other option then to apply. I just wanted something to pacify my mind.

;D

jonsnow

Star Member
Jun 28, 2016
hir3 said:
Hi! which country you are from? when u applied? and was the condition "confirmation of degree"? have u received your SP?
Hello, I applied online on the 12th of June from England. I have not heard back from them since then. The conditions asked me for a minimum certain grade on my final year results and also to submit final official transcripts. I only get all of this in August, If I had waited until then; I would definitely not have got my permit in time. Moreover my conditional offer letter clearly stated that it could be used to apply for a study permit so I went ahead and applied. The newly admitted students at my uni have done the same and some of them have already gotten their SP's.

Rbh89

Jun 12, 2015
jonsnow said:
Hello, I applied online on the 12th of June from England. I have not heard back from them since then. The conditions asked me for a minimum certain grade on my final year results and also to submit final official transcripts. I only get all of this in August, If I had waited until then; I would definitely not have got my permit in time. Moreover my conditional offer letter clearly stated that it could be used to apply for a study permit so I went ahead and applied. The newly admitted students at my uni have done the same and some of them have already gotten their SP's.
Did you end up getting your study permit?

humdard

Star Member
Jul 2, 2016
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2016
IELTS Request
Submitted along with the application
Med's Request
17-10-2016
Med's Done....
18-10-2016
Interview........
Not needed at this time
Passport Req..
Submitted along with application
VISA ISSUED...
09-01-2017 ( by god's grace)
LANDED..........
Inshallah
hir3 said:
Hello,

I had a conditional offer letter and I gt my visa tooé

mandrew48

Jan 15, 2018
Did u get a visa? If so what documents did you submit.